1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Quality Wine removed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hawkes

hi Andaro, i'm being as diplomatic as possible,

which one of those options allows us to just simply craft something in game to trade to get energy regen benefits, wait nm they just REMOVED it becuz of the list below;

good beds = cash shop
    villa buff = annoyance
    loyalty shop = more important choices ( BTW ONLY accessed through the cash shop you slick mf'ker)
    offline regeneration = reflection time on whether or not we should continue playing

2. Xeniph

I have been turning all my energy from alts since they added it.

I have about 8k 50 energy pots and it takes approx. 3 weeks for an alt that is never logged in to regenerate 400 energy. Which converts to 100 usable energy per alt every 3 weeks.

Just to answer your question. :)

Edit- I suppose it could be worse. The grinders/whiners behind this change could have asked for processing and cooking to be added back to the energy expenditure table.

3. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Ah, so that's your conflict of interest and the reason why you feel like shilling for Pearl Abyss' bad business practices around every corner.

"As long as the game is free, I don't care about the shady things they implement. Melting costumes for cron stones? Pfft, as long as I can buy VPs off the market place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

4. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

This wasn't always the case when it comes to energy. Energy was only added around a year ago, within, as I recall, a week or two of when the wine was bumped from 100k to 200k.

In regards to the points you listed for energy regen before this, it's absolutely fair to point those out but I think the basis of where you were coming from falls a bit when you read the developer notes in KR.

I quote(Google Translated):
    If this is their reasoning, it should also be removed from the pearl shop within the same update. If not, it's just saying yes it's still okay to gather 24/7, but only if you pay up.

Now with all of that said, you can still buy energy potions from the marketplace and overall I don't see this as a major nerf like some do, my issue comes with what appears as conflicting, even hypocritical intentions.

But hey, maybe they'll remove it from the pearl shop and I'll eat my words and shut the f up. I know you leaned away from that being realistic but I think you underestimate how many people are willing to spend, especially if the energy pot market is capped out and people have made gathering into basically their whole income.

I may actually think this was good if not for the pearl shop, it would show they are serious about making energy have meaning and that these changes are based around the good of the game world and not the game as a business. Not all decisions need to lean that way.

In any case, I'm not a gatherer these days, better options out there, but food for thought or something I guess.

Oh one last thing I just thought of, with your list, though meant as the positives, you did miss the fact that mastery gave us a big energy nerf and it now procs a lot more often/does not last as long as it used to. M10+ used to last ages in comparison to now.

EDIT: Typos

Drielith, Mirtastic, Kynreaa and 3 others like this.
  5. Xeniph

The better change would to have been to keep the wine option, but make it unprofitable.

That way folks could continue to roll for workers and play amity games to their hearts content, should they choose to pay for it.

Factorial likes this.
  6. Hawkes

why stop at punishing lifeskillers, what did they do other then get access to manos gear?? why not add energy into grinding (as fatigue LOL) and just put all gameplay in the cash shop

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they kinda did already, grinding without loot scrolls is a joke.

Mirtastic, Kynreaa, Factorial and 2 others like this.
  8. Catastigma

Complaining have just 1 effect.

People that read think that for playing they are forced to spend.
    Everyone knows their intention.

The problem is that you are offering them the free advertising they need for people to spend.
    Newcomers, resolved to pay, because everyone told them that it was not possible to do without.

Vicious circle,

Complain is to play the marketing team game. speak good or bad. People will buy.

We should motivate people to play without spending(Do not promote it).

Give people all the real in-game ressource tools and motivate people to play without monetization = Win.

In your post, you motivate people to p2w.
    Its seems counter-intuitive, It is a common bias.

But it is reality.

9. Hawkes

i disagree with your second sentence, newcomers resolve to pay to catch up when they get one shotted for the first time.
    the issue is , that this choice is encouraged and mandated by every patch that pulls content towards the cash shop for convenience

Factorial, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Xeniph

I'm game

I'd like to see them add restrictors to grinding. Mob count pool (akin to energy or parley)

Remove...or add blue, yellow drops from grinding or to gathering.

Add skill points and equalize exp per resource pool for all activities.

And last but not least equalize the income.

Let's Homogenize this game like a glass of milk!

Night13 likes this.
  11. fobia696

i've a question...was the HQ wine they removed the exact one needed to even make a dragon slayer weapon via daily?

DavidGilN likes this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Damn this is the first logical thing I saw you type on these forums in years. I highly agree with you.

But here is the thing. If we find better ways to make silver without the cash shop. Then those means are going to get nerfed. It has to, because it is the whole of Korean MMO business models.

So we can educate all we want it won't change a thing. Actually educating others only serves to hurt yourself. Because now you put your non-cash shop source of income in the crosshairs of the devs. and publishers. So you only hurt yourself by educating.

The only logical thing to do to win this battle. Is to not play the game at all. Other other roads lead to defeat each and ever time. Most already realize this in NA at least. Which is why BDO NA is pretty dead compared to other MMOs like WoW, ESO, FFXIV, and GW2.

Phoenixxx75 and Kynreaa like this.
  13. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

It's the same Wine, but the item won't get removed. They're removing the option to exchange it for Energy.

Solitaire and DavidGilN like this.
  14. fobia696

So people can still do heir dragonslayer daily, if they happend to have a few on hand. cool.

15. Factorial

You want people to not complain? You think that's the solution? Haha, really dude. Tell the French people not to complain about stuff and they will show you over 9000 years worth of complaining.

BDO is too good a game to not play. Despite the ever increasing ****** show that the devs put up, BDO is a fun game. Still, we get to see it cash and burn because of greed. As if they aren't already making tons of money. How are they even hurting for money right now?

#55 Factorial, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  16. Fojiro

why is eveybody crying only 400 pearls for 440energy time to swipe guys .........

17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The point is the reason it was removed was for what again?
    Because P2conveniance cant function unless they remove ingame features.

Wasn't an exploit..It was an ingame feature, and one of many that have been removed to create artificial glass ceilings hidden behind paywalls. They claim its to "preserve the value" and it does..it preserves the value of forcing a player to find convenience in the cashshop. With management like this when will it end?
    Sure people that legally exploit the cashshop line Kakeos and PA's pockets..But since when has that ever been better for this game?

Unless they remove it from the cashshop as well, there was zero purpose in removing the wines ingame as they cost silver, and were not free, hence not an exploit.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. ghoulz666

The more you swipe, the more PA ramps up that.... convenience.......

19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I dont even life skill, this effects me zero ziltch nadda.

But you cannot say we didnt warn you guys..More is coming, it has to unless PA changes their profit model from P2w/P2c..The game must get worse inorder to profit with the current monetization method.

#59 Kynreaa, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. Allan1985

they werent concerned about the value of anything when smh was a thing and a single dim tree spirit boss armor was been preordered for 800 mill ..... they sold a lot of weight packs and polar bears after all

VasilisD and Phoenixxx75 like this.