1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Quality Wine removed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Fojiro

it was sarcasm dude :D

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its not sarcasm if it dead on accurate...Because guess what people on Olvia server are doing..Just that.
    The crap works, i hate to admit it. Then they get a rude awakening when they hop on over to regular servers an see their $100+ investment was for nothing, cause PA demands more.

3. Fojiro

i know what you mean cant wait to see when costumes vp and pets rise to 1bil at the end of the year xD

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I just want faerie queens might to be available in the central market..I refuse to gamble anymore with IRL money.

I could care less if it was going for a billion silver.

5. Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi Neoyoshi Sorceress 61 NA

Thank you for that clarification; because the wine itself is used in a number of quests.

Solitaire and DavidGilN like this.
  6. Allan1985

upload_2020-1-21_7-50-48.png

imagine talking about politics without being one
    imagine talking about football without being a football player
    imagine talking about economy when you havent studied economy

do i need to continue or do you already get the idea?

Solitaire, Hawkes and Sadalsuud like this.
  7. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You are probably being too subtle.

8. Khondo

Lol that would have to be the stupidest comparison yet on this forum.

9. Allan1985

i honestly rather waste my energy that to use alustin to be honest

funny how you avoid backing up your statement with arguments, i guess you have none?, not that it surprises me, its you after all.

Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  10. Catastigma

Hmmm no, because the games you list are not evolving. It's been the same for over 20 years.
    WoW, FF14, GW2 ect., Themeparks, are bad games, a genre redone a billion times in 20 years. A genre that has nothing to offer, that does not innovate or change, it has always been the same Daily, stuck in a tunnel, without the slightest freedom. totally linearity.
    people who play these games, play it because they are so narrow-minded that they can't find anything else. WoW FF14 ect .. are choices * easy * The choice we make when we can't choose and the choices people have for defaults, no matter the taste and color.
    There is a reason why people consider them as fast food mmorpgs.
    Because they are. When you don't know what to eat, you order macdo.

These games are still alive only because of the publicity that people are doing.
    Maintenance of the hype, do not go to see elsewhere. retain the players, let the game become part of the social culture.
    Million of people gonna buy and pay sub for Shadowland. People gonna say * This time Pvp gonna be good !*
    The majority of people who play WoW / GW2 / FF14 and have never played another mmorpg in their life. They don't know anything else.
    Blizzard, SE have tamed them so well. They will probably never eat at a Chinese restaurant with new flavor and original dishes.
    Because there are thousands of little warriors all over the world who disparage other restaurants,
    Because these restorants decided to have an economic model that allows them an acceptable profit in front of their Shareholders.

We must stop wanting to put each game on an estral stand.

BDO has been a niche game since the start. They could never become a mainstream game. It's not the goal of pearls abyss.

The current economic model is the only viable one in a niche market.
    Why ? Capitalism.
    When you can't take the place of the big names in fast food, you become an overpriced restaurant. This is the only way to be successful.

Do I escape this situation? no. The problem is that the only way to deal with these methods of monetization is political regulation.

The problem is that it's going to be the direct death of BDO, and all niche games.

Imagine a regulation which prohibits selling a product at X of the production price.
    It is the death of 98% of companies. of all the chic restaurants.

Personally I am for a complete industry crash. That is to say the total death of the current players in the industry. ( but seriously without changing capitalism, the probleme gonna return...)
    Capitalism cause hyper competitivity, that ruins social interaction, direct competitiveness if it is not set has a simple temporary role degrade every social aspect. Today the majority is competitive in all, The comparison making slave and creates the total toxicity of our societies..
    Without this crash, Those who have the money for innovation will continue to make ****. EA, Bethesda, Bliz, Ubisoft. They mainly play **** games for years, they take no risk of offering something qualitative, they do not innovate, they strictly make the same games for more than 10 years. these companies must go, they don't deserve their money. they're not innovating, they're not giving. They are responsible for the current depression.

If you want the slightest innovation, you must systematically go into the independent. But we easily find ourselves with budgetary constraints.

Reason why I do not believe in the mmorpgs to come, they will take no risk, they will not innovate, they will be shifted in terms of quality and will end up offering nothing new to what already exists. Cause people are stuck , Because the players don't let these crusty old gamers die.

In short, it's deadlock. I see no future in futur MMORPG.
    If it weren't for BDO, I would still be on a private Lineage 2 C4.
    Why ? Because it's a good mmo, unlike these mmo you list. Macdo not taste good. in the palate of someone who tasted good wines.
    List WoW,FF14 ect mmo is a crime, advertising them is far worse. It is to advocate immobility. anti-progress. Totalitarian authoritarian conservatism. the money must go to those who innovate, not those who have been on the spot for 20 years.
    There is only Pearls Abyss who has arrived to change my scenery in more than 10 years.
    The majority are cancer, having millions of players is not qualitative, it is quantitative.

So the game will be mainstream to reach the widest possible audience,. the most advanced casualization possible (removal of any niche, with addictive mechanics as powerful as grambling. (instant gratification). Marketing for advertising on every platform. Touch everyone, touch all ages.
    No gore, no blood, No nudity. The most apolitical. Complete puritanism. the nothingness of innovation, risk, freedom.
    In short, the games you list are responsible for the BDO economic model. these games must disappear and the mass of cash(player) must be dispersed.

#70 Catastigma, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  11. Leyren

"I don't like your way of playing the game and making money, you should play the way I play!"

I took the freedom to rephrase it. :P

Tbh, that just means less gathering for me then. One hour on herbs gathering blows 700 energy, you can't keep that up with the 10 minute cd of energy potions anyway, even with kama blessing active (which would be 360 energy per hour back). Or in other words, I would use energy in worth of more than 500 pearls within a single hour. If you're going to pay 5€ to gather for an hour, kinda defeats its purpose in the first place. So as much as I appreciate the entertainment purpose of the entailing panic when a change arrives, I doubt many people would use pearl shop energy potions instead. With alts you have enough supply of energy imo. And after the first initial panic, there will be energy potions in the market again as well.

Perhaps as a tip on top; Hunting. Less money per hour, but still quite neat, and definitely the most money per energy.

Edit: Just to make clear, I'm not in favor of all their P2W politics. There is alot of p2w going on, from hedgehog over the ridiculous prices of tent, inventory or weight (or pretty much anything). I just don't see the big p2w behind this move. To be completely honest, I think it's a fair thing. That feature existed before mastery, where gathering and all other energy consuming tasks were significantly less profitable. With sufficiently enough mastery you earn ~200m per hour, while you pay around 20m per hour to fill it without any cooldown whatsoever. So, with mastery it just became an overpowered feature in my opinion.

#71 Leyren, Jan 21, 2020
    Silver99 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Shogunate

you know andaro, there comes a time when even you should stop defending blatant cash grabs tactics. You'd think an ambassador of the community would have some integrity and represent the community rather than your employer for once. #whatisintegrityworth

Under every single cash shop related post I see apologetics from the community's representive, defending each and every one of the inconveniences they add every week.
    If they're removing free ways to generate the wine, there should be no signs of energy adding items in the pearl shop. And no, 15 energy every day is not a "convenient" alternative.
    good beds = cash shop
    villa buff = $45 unless you will walk all 19 of those alts to a villa every 3 hours (why isn't this in the L shop which you preach so vigorously?)
    offline regeneration = why is this even mentioned by you? It has nothing to do with energy regeneration items, which's entire goal is to not have to sleep in a bed while you sleep in your own bed.
    And as the ambassador who actually plays the game mentioned, offline regeneration was also nerfed.
    also >hedgehogs
    Also also, game has a subscription service.
    Also Also Also, it's not forced on you because the game is buy2play in the first place.
    btw, i don't even lifeskill, the only thing sad about this update is your response to it.
    #peakshill

#72 Shogunate, Jan 21, 2020
    Auralexia, Molekh, Drielith and 5 others like this.
  13. LeCordonBleu

What do you mean "you don't know what my deal is?" I simply created a throwaway forum account so I don't have to authenticate every time I logged on to the forums. Why do I even have to explain this? Enjoy using ad hominem much?

#73 LeCordonBleu, Jan 21, 2020
  14. Factorial

Jesus you would think people would understand this. No wonder pearl abyss has been farming wallets so hard lately.

An ambassador, at the very least, should stay neutral instead of being an obvious shrill.

Rinjyu, Phoenixxx75 and Ben Phoenix like this.
  15. LeCordonBleu

Ahaha! Are you really as dense as your reply make you seem? Those are the most fail and improper analogies I've seen.

You can be involved in politics, football, and economy without being a politician, a professional athlete, or an economist.

Khondo likes this.
  16. woots

ofc they are their content "preservation" is just full ofc bs. As always, everything is for the p2w sake

17. Spartakatz

bwahahahahah

unlimited energy has been removed and everyone babbles about p2w. lol wot??

18. Ben Phoenix

It's what I tried to say too yesterday in another thread but guess what? My post got vaporized =)

Auralexia, Hawkes and Factorial like this.
  19. magret

At last selling alt energy with Alustin potions will at last be a real OFFLINE rewarding "activity" it's about time. Of course, afking it with bed will be a tad more efficient for fairness.

20. Doom Smack

They should half the reuse timer on energy pots from 10min to 5min