1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Decor Screenshot Contest [Winners!]

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Tenrai

Totally agree!! Ppl posted 5+ screenshots even it sais only 2.
    Screenshots of the outside winn? When it sais HOME DECORE

Im not on the list aswell and i think my screenshot deserve atleast to get in 30...

2. Milinia

Yay 3rd place. Never won anything in my life so thank you.

And uhm...yeah...lets just say some of the choices are a bit RNG.

2017-07-09_9842709.JPG

Jena, eitheldin, Pixii and 4 others like this.
  3. Adinda

Adinda Witch EU

Me too 3rd place. And I wasn't even expecting anything, so YAY!!! :D

Grats to everyone else who won!! Hope you have fun with the stuff you got. :D

eitheldin and Lady Minuit like this.
  4. eDust

First of all you seem salty af.

I personally like this one, i find it different and it looks realistic. Just because you dont like it, it doesnt mean it's ****. No need to spam. xD
    19989045_1496044277121099_1731748508_n.png

I didn't participate in this event, but congrats to the winners! Some houses were really cool!
    This one is so cute! :3

Bucl_TheW, eitheldin, Tariya and 2 others like this.
  5. Frosty_Glow

Thank you for going through the trouble of pointing out the people who ignored the rules and still won prices. I'm amazed at how little effort it takes to go through the small amount of submissions, yet Kakao could not be bothered to look through the images manually. A lot of amazing house won nothing.. a big shout out to Indyaz (EU).

If there was a BDO competition I thought I could win, it was this one, but I didn't even make it to top 30.

Kakao, next thing you have a screen shot event, at least, make sure that the winners follow your rules...

I leave you with my unworthy submission...

2017-07-06_531485298.JPG

6. Shyany

Shyany Stouthearted Ranger 60 EU

I don't think that i break rules. They didn't literally say post only one picture. They just say that you need to put one picture with ui and one without so you declare you are the owner of house. Your reactions is really unfavorable. I am sorry that you wrote about me this because i never break a one rule in my life. So maybe this is just misunderstanding ... don't know. I will accept decision if KAKAO tell how i break rules and take my winner spot. I love this contest because i love house system and house decoration in BDO so i just share my pictures and hoped they will like it thats all.

#26 Shyany, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Aesthete and eDust like this.
  7. Hakazumi

I agree that they didn't say "just two screenshots" but neither they said that you can post more.
    For me it's rather hard to say whatever someone break the rules or not by posting more than 2 screenshots.
    I't'd be better to wait for CM to say something in this case.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Share screenshots of your home for the chance to win some awesome prizes."

I don't see anywhere on even page anything about "the prettiest house will win".
    Since beauty is subjective I guess that they gathered all submissions, checked whatever there is 1 pic with ui and 1 without, that they have required resolution and that the post is saying family name and region of participant and then rng picked winners.
    For me this way is fairer than if one of CMs was picking the homes he personally likes the most.

8. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit Whanau Kunoichi 58 NA

Gratz Adinda :)

Which one was yours?

Adinda likes this.
  9. Adinda

Adinda Witch EU

Grats to you too!! I'm so happy for you!! Now we can spend hours decorating XD
    Mine was Staralfur, which one was yours?

Lady Minuit likes this.
  10. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit Whanau Kunoichi 58 NA

Whanau.

Yes the fun is really in decorating! Prizes are just a nice touch :)

Edit: remember seeing your house on the trainers forum it's really nice.. you deserve it wether it was random or not :)

Adinda likes this.
  11. Adinda

Adinda Witch EU

Aww thank you! And I love yours too. That furniture is so nice! :)

12. Aqen

Imo, rules should have been written more precisely. 'cause:
    • Each participant is limited to a single entry.
    • To enter you must submit two screenshots from the same home your personally own in game: 1 with the HUD showing & 1 without the HUD.
    Sure it doesn't say you can't post more than 2 screenshots. But since you're limited to just one entry = 2 screenshots, won't more be considered as another entry ?
    What's considered home decor and what isn't ?
    I'm not picking on any of the winner, i think you guys didn't mean any harm and were genuinely interested in the contest (and to be honest, i like your shots) but, this is just blurry.

Pixii and Kuzah like this.
  13. Baboulinet

yeah pay to win event !!

14. Vorkrunne

I only posted 2 screenshots on FB. One with and one without the UI, as instructed.

Edit: Could it be you're looking at screenshots that have nothing to do with housing? I've posted screenshots for past events on FB - like the pretty roses. I'm pretty sure my entries for the roses had the same tag (for the official FB group but not the event name tag), but you can tell those screenshots are from long ago and aren't house decor at all since they are outdoors (and displaying roses)

#34 Vorkrunne, Jul 13, 2017
  15. Tenrai

I like how comunity manager never comunicate with players...

Eollyn likes this.
  16. Pixii

Randomly chosen or not, CONGRATS to the winners.

Personally, I submitted an entry, knowing that I missed the resolution "rule" and assumed I wouldn't even be considered because of it. (I found out how to fix that problem the day after the deadline *herp*) :\ This means that other people more than likely also submitted entries, knowing they weren't meeting the criteria, but wanted to just submit *something*, just for funsies, really.

If it is found that the person in charge of this contest did in fact choose a participant at Random (resulting in a 'rule breaker' win), after stating that Participants MUST follow the rules, I think there should be a re-vote. And mistakes like that shouldn't be made in future contests.

However, in the case of a re-vote: ANY Winner that was chosen PRIOR to the re-vote should STILL receive their prize. It is no fault of theirs to have their name drawn out of a hat. The prizes are just pixels. You can't run out of inventory that doesn't exist. It's not the Participant's fault that s/he was chosen.

Zauberkind and Aqen like this.
  17. Arjen_Rextavius

I'm afraid you have comprehension issues. Those pictures are the same room. One of them has ui to prove that the home belongs to Vorkrunne. The submission for the contest is the one and only one picture that does not have ui. As you can see, none of the winning shots have ui in the photo.

#37 Arjen_Rextavius, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Vorkrunne likes this.
  18. Vorkrunne

That is how FB works lol

Those aren't multiple uploads of the pics. Those are not 3 different uploads of the pics.

There is one post displaying the two pictures. If you click on them, they individually pop up.

You go to the one post with the two pictures and if you click on either one you can view it solo. It redirects you to the individual pics.

XD All this "breaking the rules" because you don't know how FB works.

Try clicking on the group pic post. Ta da! It takes you to the pic you want to see so you can view it and comment on it individually.

I didn't post 3 times. That's FB generating individual view pages for my 2 screenshots, which were only uploaded and posted once in a group post.

To the player who posted my family's legal name: You took a screenshot of my FB post and screenshots of FB allowing views of each of the two pics individually on their own pages - as FB always does. Then tried to say I uploaded my screenshots 3 times on FB <<

Please don't harass people on the forums using their legal names.

Singling people out with their real names to say something bad about them on the forums is not okay.

You shouldn't try to turn a gaming community against a player's family members - especially not with taking it upon yourself to share their family members' legal names on Black Desert forums without their consent.

Imo, deliberate harassment of a player's family is much worse than a player possibly having made a mistake on a fun contest :(

It just so happens I didn't make any mistakes in my entry to this contest, but even if I had made a mistake: the answer is not being a self imposed vigilante and deciding the punishment is to publicly scorn a player's family.

My family didn't enter this contest and never gave you permission to defame them using their legal name on Black Desert forums.

If you think players are cheating, you can send CMs private messages without having it be a public witch hunt targeting players' family who didn't even enter the contest or might not even play BDO.

#38 Vorkrunne, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Alicemimi and Aqen like this.
  19. Meowlly

For the people who are seriously complaining about people breaking rules posting more then one photo is not one of the rules in fact at the bottom of the post it says screenshot(s) and it isnt like anyone posted a different house how do you expect someone to post a two story house in one photo lol it isnt like me or those people submitted a different house (submission). Like grow up lol its a contest if you're seriously that salty send in a ticket about it and work it out wif the GMs dont be dicks to the players because they won and you didnt. Realllllll classsy

*** I also wanted to add that a lot of people didnt just enter this contest to win. Decorating houses is really not that popular unless its spamming for the top rank so to bring drama to the people who won even though a lot of us entered to just show off our houses is kinda hurtful. I personally posted my whole house for my screenshots because i took that the must have two screenshots means at least one with UI and one without since it says Must and not ONLY two. Apparently everyone took what they said differently and if I personally broke the rules i have no problem with being taken out.

#39 Meowlly, Jul 13, 2017
    Aesthete and Adinda like this.
  20. Aesthete

Yay! I'm so happy to have actually won something. :D Thank you!

Congrats to everyone who also won! I really like all of the homes people submitted.

Why am I listed twice?

Your claim about me posting single photos on FB is false. They are in one single post on my wall. The "single ss posts" are what happens when you click Photo/Video above the status box. I edited the description of each photo so people would know who they belonged to.

When I entered the contest, I knew very well that having more than two photos could have disqualified me. "To enter you must submit two screenshots from the same home your personally own in game: 1 with the HUD showing & 1 without the HUD." No where does it say only two, the way it is worded can be understood as a minimum requirement. Previous screenshot contests have allowed more than one photo to be entered, so I was also going by that too. I posted several photos because I spent more than a week crafting all my furniture and placing it. I wanted to show off my hard work. No way was one tiny photo going to do justice to all my hard work. I could have decorated a small corner, taken a photo, and called my house a completed work based on that logic. I'm not one to intentionally break rules, I follow them to the best of my understanding. In this case, the rules were not made 100% clear. Your assumptions about them are just as correct as my assumptions.

Also, I will point out this. "Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner." It says may, not will.