1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Decor Screenshot Contest [Winners!]

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Aethon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Eollyn

Eollyn Heartilly Tamer 60 EU

I don't know but bdo has the worst forum events possible. They really need to work on them. When I was playing VIndictus it was way better i feel. I know GM_Dew is here from Vindictus so idk what is happening :P The formaiting of the events is really bad. I would gladly prefer to have community to choose at this point cuz the tops ones are total s***sometimes. How can you have so little places usually? And not have anything for the rest who at least tried? Why would people even want to come and do this? Give something small to everybody who will come and try their luck. Increase the top numbers like you did with this event. TOP 30 seems fair compaired to the top 3 like you did last time with the Rose event. Honestly you turn off your community from doing fun stuff like this and I would not care if at least I lost to a decent winner. It's not subjective. It's a fact that some of the winners suck in every event you do for this.

2. Pixii

I will say that if I had KNOWN it was going to be an artsy photo contest, I wouldn't have submitted the photo I submitted lol
    In future contests, it would be nice to know that your judging criteria allows for less literal interpretations

Eollyn and PurplePumpkin like this.
  3. DarkBever

Dont be so butthurt.
    You didnt follow the rules, thats okay, no1 cares.
    The problem is that it seems this dumb screenshot contest is judged randomly by some1 of the GM team that doesn't care and just picked 30 randomly.

4. Cloea

Thaaanks :3

5. shosholada

Calling out by names is pretty nasty, no matter if someone breaks or not the rules. This is not your job.

6. Aesthete

LOL. Do I sound hurt? I very openly stated that I knew what I did could have disqualified me. Personally, I do not care. XD If anything, I find it funny how you all think your assumptions of the rules are correct when the rules were not made 100% clear. So what if my assumption is wrong, that's what they get for non clarity. It doesn't automatically make it my fault.

I do agree on the randomness of some winners in contests, but that's their job, not ours. Complaining won't make it any better. Complaining won't make you win.

Anyway, I've said what I've needed to. Keep on doing the contests Kakao! If you read this, please do the top 30 thing again, that is a great feature for contests! I know I look forwards to the screenshot contests, even if it's just to show them off to the community.

#46 Aesthete, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  7. Meowlly

LOL Aesthete how dare you sound nice what is wrong wif you :P
    I think the way they judge the contest was honestly screenshot material if you look at everyone who won its almost other then a few ones they could use as screenshots for loading screens even mine got chosen i think because of that. If they had wanted them for that reason they should have made it clear because a lot of people just posted of the house and not some fancy screenshot making it extremely unfair. I thought everyones housing was amazing and i wish everyone would focus on that because i loved seeing everyones house that was honestly the best.

8. Vorkrunne

Same here! I like visiting them in person the most.

Mine is 9-4 Heidel if anyone wants to visit for fun. Feel free to use it for RP or whatever you like.

I'm also always on the lookout for decorated homes. Let me know where your homes are if anyone wants to show off and have me visit them. I love player housing so much :D

9. Meowlly

I'm actually moving mine but i would love to have friends who also decorate lol all of mine just pvp XD. I'm really excited for the ones in kama i was watching videos of them and there are ones that cost like 15cp but they are sooooo big and pretty

Vorkrunne and Aesthete like this.
  10. Cloea

anyone already get anything ?

11. Hakazumi

nope

12. shosholada

Milinia likes this.
  13. Casper

Casper Cas Sorceress 59 NA

I didn't even know the event was on until 1 day after it closed... So i completely missed it. Would have been nice for some in-game notice or something to tell players like myself and other that missed it, that this event was even going on.

But congratulations to the winners/rulebreakers/whoever else.

It's interesting to see how other players have created their homes :)

14. Gamza

Could you hold another contest like this? I have a pretty house (prettiest of all the 9-4 Heidel houses) and am very proud of my decorating skills. I didn't know this contest was going on <:(

15. xSherryx

I didn't enter this contest, I just came here to read all the salt. It's my second time on the forums and I knew this was going to have salty people commenting, this community is the best!

Congrats to the winners, I actually think your screenshots are nice ^.^

#55 xSherryx, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Rogahn likes this.
  16. Rogahn

Rogahn Keevan Wizard 59 EU

Think so too :> not the salt thou there is much of it but not all XD

xSherryx likes this.
  17. xSherryx

oh no, its not all salt I know that, its just funny how people think their stuff is blatantly better than others and when they don't win they get stupidly upset about it lol
    idk they act like the winners were bad when they weren't at all

Milinia likes this.
  18. PurplePumpkin

Congratulations to the winners!

As for the rules stuff, it was kind of blurry and up for interpretation. Like I thought "one entry" was "one house". So if you had more than one room then of course you're going to take more screenshots. I also thought they wanted to see as much of the room as possible so I tried to get as much of it in one screenshot. Now I'm wishing I'd taken more artsy screenshots. xD

Personally I'd like to see the winning entries be made into in game wall decor, like the paintings you get in Calpheon. I think that'd be pretty neat.

Casper, Aesthete and Hakazumi like this.
  19. Kapi Heartlilly

Not even top 30! RNGesus please!

Oh wait I didn't participate!

Eollyn, Cheyr and Rogahn like this.
  20. Cheyr

Perhaps the word 'contest' was slightly misleading, as the judging criteria were unclear and caused disagreements between participants. Don't get me wrong though, some top screenshots were well deserved.
    I did get into the top 30 so I am not complaining. But I suspect that there were exceptional screenshot entries which didn't make it.
    Here's my humble entry.

Attached Files: