1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopefully a new MMO comes out soon

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Wizol, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I'll believe it when I see it.

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I could've told you that. Koreans just don't know have to make awesome MMOs. Just P2W traps like this and Bless.

Speaking of Bless.... Hahaha I told yall so!

3. Wizol

I am not denying that it is a well designed game, it is a lot better than most mmo's but they are milking our wallets with what seems to be essential cash shop items and pushing patches no one wants, we can't adapt to changes if they don't allow us to, they change the meta constantly and nerf things that shouldn't need nerfed. It's like, spend tones of hours learning your class and then being told it was all for nothing and to relearn it with the new meta and class changes, then whilst relearning it the class gets changed again.

The game is tedious and what better way to make the game more fun other than to ruin PvP.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  4. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

There is a significant portion of us that loved BDO before the changes and left because of them. There are plenty of people who want to watch the game burn much like a jilted lover getting rejected, but some of us are genuinely sad that the game was changed under our feet without any warning in a way that demonstrably doesn't accomplish their stated goals. I've posted my thoughts here and have done my best to be civil, but it sucks watching something you love change into something you hate. What other course of action do players like me have, other than coming to the forums to express our opinion on the changes?

Frantically whining and threatening to pull your support of the game is one thing, and I agree that that sort of behavior is childish. But what about the people that bring up their points in a civil manner seeking a revert of the changes? That's what this place is for: discussion about BDO. Whether you like the content or not, as long as it doesn't break the rules of the site it's allowed.

Who are you to say people can't vent about the things that have happened?
    Who are you to say that those complaints are not justified?
    Who are you to tell the players disappointed in the direction to 'go play another game'?

I suppose at this point it'd be ironic to tell you "if you don't like it, go to another MMO forum"...

#144 Hacksaw, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  5. Sebastianz

I love the changes. I am a warrior and I am winning more in PvP, thank you. Its getting more balanced.

6. LightningFFXIII-4

If they removed Payouts, this would be the best MMO. Till then keep looking lol.

FFXIV is a good MMO that I would highly recommend.
    - Nice storyline.
    - Nice friendly community.
    - GM response within 30minute.
    - Botters/Exploiters get banned.
    - Combat is not as slow as you think.
    - Gearcaps allow ppl who routinely takes intermittent breaks to catchup with the rest of the playerbase.
    - Quality patches, so your not doing the same thing a few months ago not like in BDO.
    - Great for ppl with RL jobs and can only play 1-3 hours a day.

Cons:
    - Forums are boring
    - No World chat,Server chat so your chat log is probably going to be moving 90% less compared to BDO.
    - You need a group to clear the hard content, which usually requires tons of training and patience.
    - Huge maps even with a flying mount its boring.
    - Mediocre PVP.
    - A few weeks after the patch after everyone's caught up, you see a less ppl online lol.

If your the type of person who likes to solo things, troll around, poor attention span, and expects to just grind and kill stuff for days in a mmo, FFXIV is not going to be the one for you lol.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  7. Broodex

Broodex PvP Sorceress 61 NA

The problem is a new one of these same discussions pops up every other day. Clearly some people take issues with the game and things they've been doing but at any point has there ever been a game where everyone was happy and no one was complaining?

lRNGesusl likes this.
  8. xLightning

BDO is trash. 25% of the population has left possibly more. Seige guilds are a joke with the zerging and political ********. Gear gap is way out of hand. The game has no skill in pvp, BDL league is trash its whoever has the highest gs wins

lRNGesusl and Foxens like this.
  9. SpankMeDaddy

I feel like I disagree because the patches don't affect me as much and the dying aspects of the game weren't really the parts I enjoyed in the first place. I do enjoy small scale pvp though and I don't feel the nerfs were THAT bad, but then again I'm not mystic.

Also the milking wallet part was always there. The newest addition is tents but that's not really a big factor.

10. SpankMeDaddy

Forgive me for being ignorant but last time I played, I quit after 20 hours because the story mode is resident sleeper. It's actually worse than tera before they revamped the leveling system and anything below tera grade leveling is unplayable to me.

11. Wizol

I think my only problem on the previous patch was that mystic was way to strong, and she needed nerfed, it's true that you where able to get grabbed chained but it was the case of whoever messed up and got stunned first was essentially dead, now it's the case of if you can't one shot your opponent in about 3-6 seconds there is no point fighting them, previous patches aloud us to utilise our kit in order to out skill people with more gear but now they forced the DR and AP meta so it isn't about utilisation it is about face rolling until you land one stun in hope of one shotting your opponent.

12. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

So what, the people that want the game to be better should just shut up because it bugs you? Since it's never going to be perfect we should stop voicing our opinions?

There are many, many players that have quit, are about to quit, or are simply dissatisfied with the state of affairs. How else are we going to tell the devs we want things back the way they were?

13. Monkeyofdoom44

If you're looking for constructive criticism then you're the one at fault. You were the first to post an angry/rude/judgmental comment, to which my first thought was, "This will solve nothing. This will lead to other people getting upset and no real conversation being had to fix or discuss any real issues."

14. Monkeyofdoom44

You're not wrong but everyone playing the games were complaining about loot boxes, then the lower level news, vloggers, and forums picked it up, the mainstream news saw everyone complaining about it and saw it as a way to push their agenda, whichever side they may be, and twisted the story to ****. This started with gamers not liking the loot boxes. If you hear a game is trash on a gaming media outlet, you don't trust them and no ones opinion is swayed so why would them talking about loot boxes be any different.

15. Monkeyofdoom44

"Be polite!" she yells following up by calling her audience whiny.

16. Monkeyofdoom44

CCCCOMBOOO BREAKERRRR!!!!!

lRNGesusl likes this.
  17. LightningFFXIII-4

BDO is the first and last Korean MMO i'll every try lol. I blame Lazy Peon for ever recommending this.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  18. aswedishtiger

The combat in that game is too bad I'm sorry. I fell asleep literally, doing the raids in that game doing my mindless "rotation" too many times I quit overnight

It's popular because of that. It's simple and mindless and appeals to lazy, simple minded folks. Plus cat girls

19. LightningFFXIII-4

I actually play BDO since Its easy, mindless and appeals to the lazy lol. FFXIV raids you need a ton of commitment and practice to beat.

20. aswedishtiger

Not with that raider assist bot that just says

"mechanic coming, turn around"
    "mechanic coming, follow player with red dot"
    "mechanic coming gather in center"
    "mechanic coming stand still"

You can even switch the bot's voice to celebrities now. Listening to Jennifer Lawrence telling me to stand still for free loot is indeed mindless

BDO is mindless grinding too sure but the entire premise of FFXIV is even worse and absolutely dumpster tier queue'd PVP which takes around an hour because none of the carebears care anyway.

Draconnix likes this.