1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horse racing getting griefed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jucchan, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jucchan

Jucchan Sinfire Witch 61 EU

So, I sent in a ticket stating the following;
    Hello. Whilst participating in a rather peaceful (and unusually busy) horserace at 4:30 AM today, 3 people decided on attacking people on horses (presumed to be AFK) at the golems in Mediah - trying to get AFKers killed by golems so they don't lose karma themselves. Whilst I believe that by itself to be a despicable act, what I found to be almost just as bad is that they can kill the people who are participating in horse races, and did so. This led me to resurrect in the nearest town, hoping I could then get my horse, which they killed, out of a stable, but alas, I was still in horse race mode, so talking to NPCs was to no avail - which sucked, because I was even winning.
    Thanks to these griefers, I lost my chance at 5 seals and my horse now has a death (as the death was caused by a nearby Golem that they purposefully attracted as to not lose karma)

Regardless, I believe a change to the racing system would be well-received, so that no-one will have their horse killed and left in limbo whilst waiting for others to finish racing, so some sort of system that makes PK-related actions totally null for those involved in a race would be immensely appreciated.

(I apologize for my harsh language in the attached screenshot, but I was feeling rather upset by the event.)​
    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Tc5J7
    After sending in this ticket, I was referred to this section of the forum, thus I am now here.

TLDR; Disable PKing of ppl who are partaking in horse races please.

SheBeast, eitheldin and Soreena like this.
  2. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

hmmm....... this is just one race...
    the races are random selected.
    The chance for you to meet people pk you, at this time of the day, on this race, on the same server is so minimum.
    You just got bad luck.

no need to make a story about this...

3. Jucchan

Jucchan Sinfire Witch 61 EU

Sure, it was bad luck for me. But there were 2 other people in the race as well, and I'm sure it has either happened before or will happen again - maybe both. Probably not to me, as this is one of the very few races I've participated in (I think I've done less than 20 total since it was introduced), but some people are bound to have experienced it or will run into the same bad luck later on.
    I'm predominantly writing on their behalf, making a real suggestion for change to this. The reason it may come off as a story is due to the fact that my ticket was just redirected by support and I was told to go here, and as I hadn't slept, I was too tired to reformulate everything and just did some copy pasta.

4. Soreena

I think that even if a MOB kills a player that was damaged by a PvPer, said PvPer should still take the Karma hit. I'd even like to see them take the EXP hit as well.

This is a standard tactic now by this crowd of scum. They knock you down to very low health when MOBs are around in the hopes that you'll be finished off so A) They don't take the Karma hit and B) You take an experience hit. As far as I'm concerned these people should be banned. Same with attacking people racing horses, ban them.

5. I hope you'll be listened @Jucchan :)

6. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

I actually quite enjoy laying traps out to blow up AFKers. My guild does it all the time. Just bad luck on your part to have it happen to you during a race. It's all part of playing an game that allows people to attack others anywhere.

7. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

I don't really have anything to add to this.
    BUT, I do agree with the fact that players should still lose karma if they make you die to mobs.

Ashlinidor, Shastalya and eitheldin like this.
  8. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

bro 1 race............

In this world there are evil people. If they want to express themselves by killing you in a game. It is their choice.
    You just can't take from them, every fun out of the game.
    deal with it.

it was bad luck yes.... move on....
    be an adult and let the kids be kids.

when it happens to you 50 times or 5 times in a row, or 10 times in a day, re-open a topic about it,

until then, i think it is not worth changing this mechanic just because of 1 random case.

9. SheBeast

It should not be possible to be able to kill some one in a race..they should make it instance (or un available to kill in a race)..
    And if they allow people to be killed there should be a punisment, the people who do harm should expect that punishment and not cry like the kids they are they should be adults about it. Like you're asking the other party to be! Don't be one sided.. karma is there when karma is due!

10. SheBeast

Its to hard to detect player being killed by pvper or mob.. that kinda system will still have errors. But a person should still get karma when they flag and hit a character instead of after death. If that character flags back karma should be droped.