1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horse Trainers (not so) Anonymous

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Lady Minuit, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit DeMinuit Kunoichi 61 NA

Hi Conflama,

I really get what you're saying. I am also fearful of adventures sometimes and think: "but what if I run out of water in the desert? what if I have no shovels? what if I fall off a cliff? what if... what if... The truth is, we are overthinking things. Just go with the flow and leave the wagon behind. You will feel liberated.

Yes walking up the same road is safe and comfortable. But even on that road you might die. You are always in danger no matter what. You know what I'm talking about: idiots. That's right, idiots that PK AFK players.

So grab your gear and go out in the world, talk to people and live. Do it NOW. Yes you might suffer, you might get lost, but at least you will be able to say: hey I have 400 energy.

Thanks for sharing.

2. Lady Minuit

Hi Ragrador,

I'm glad you finally came. You are deeply troubled and I've noticed it since the first time I saw you, but at least you came to us for help. This is the most important step: the first one that is.

I guess your trouble really originates from these first days. Although it started innocently, it seems it is now out of control. I guess it is an issue every breeder is faced with, but which is also taboo. So let's say it together: "incestuous breedings". One might think it can't be helped. I know the temptation as well of breeding 2 beautiful horses in hope of getting a T8E or a T8C even though they are related. It's uncomfortable to say, but we must first acknowledge that these behaviors are rampant within the community.

How to fight it though? Well it starts with oneself. You must ask yourself, is it hurtful to the horse? If you know it is, then don't do it. And if you do get retarded or crippled horses, well it can't be helped, but you must learn to love them and care for them regardless.

This is a difficult issue and won't be resolved so easily, so please keep coming back.

Thank you.

3. Lady Minuit

Hi "there",

Not knowing who you are is probably one of the most common problem of the modern world and also one of the most commonly ignored. It is also a grave problem, because if you do not know who you are, how others are to know you? and Why would they even want to know you?

This might also explain why you are hoarding. Indeed, I can see you trying to fill the emptiness your're feeling with horses, but I am telling you this in all honesty, this emptiness will only grow more if you keep this up.

Your issue is so great it has even turned you into trying to find emotion in whoring your stallions out. Tired of feeling nothing from hoarding and growing more empty everyday, you are seeking new thrills that are completely detrimental to your mental health.

But, you are not alone anymore. We are here for you and we will help you to find yourself. As you talk about yourself, you will discover that you know who you are, we will get to know you, and these horse games won't seem necessary anymore.

Please keep coming back. There is work to do, but thankfully you found us.

4. Ajna

Hi all,

I'm Ajna, and I have a horse problem.

It all started one day after I read something online that disturbed me and I found myself buying fluffy horses to make the horrific images go away. After that I found that I couldn't stop so I decided I would just level and breed them so that it wasn't for nothing. That was months ago now and I can't stop even though the thought of hitching more T7 horses onto a wagon and watching them become huge disappointments makes me want to cry.

This has made me neglect everything else, like, absolutely everything else, I'm completely clueless about everything that isn't horses, I'm actually quite surprised that I can tie my own shoelaces at this point. The fact that I can't seem to sell any of the horses that I've bred myself just makes everything worse, how can I house them all?!

Please send help!

5. Lady Auoraustralis

Hello everyone, My name is Poly and I am a compulsive hoarder. It started in Guild Wars 2 ....I decided that one day I would have all the legendary weapons....I eventually ended with 28 of them. One day I saw BDO and decided to give it a try. I immediately was drawn to the horses....every bit of silver I got, I bought horses. I would sit at the market....refreshing nonstop...for hours trying to find t6s and t7s to fill my stables. My husband was getting worried with my obsession. Then I found out about the Pegasus...so now I am hoarding farm plots too. I have a courser for each t8 coat....but I am still breeding for t8s. Please send help.

6. Lady Minuit

Hi Ajna and welcome,

Your story is one that is too familiar. It's good that you came. It's always hard to admit to have a problem, but it's not too late to change your ways. With the right help and support I'm sure you can do it.

Recently, I had the chance to see you make friends, and step away from the horses a bit. It's good that you did so. But these friends also have issues with horses, so this could be difficult. If you all work towards healing, it could however be beneficial, but you are in a fragile state so be careful.

You've asked "how can I house them all", well you can't and you shouldn't. You need to prioritize what you need to keep or don't. Your friends are going through similar things, so have them hold your hand while you clean up your life.

When you are rid of enough horses, you'll see how much time you have now and all the things you can now do.

You've got a long way to go, but please keep coming.

/hugs

Ascaeldor, Conflama, Indaria and 3 others like this.
  7. Lady Minuit

Hello Poly,

I'm glad you came to us. Yes you are a hoarder, who hasn't been here? But your problems seems to date way back and I am all too familiar with what GW2 can do people with hoarding issues. Now you have moved on only to find your problems have followed you and you feel stuck. This ghost of yours is not going away and it won't unless you want it.

This obsession of yours is starting to eat up your money, your time and life and your husband is trying to tell you, but there is nothing he can do. Only you. You must find the will to say "that's enough". You might think that slowing down will kill you, and it might feel like it at first, but then when you do, you will find that you are still alive.

The real work is just starting now.

Thanks for sharing and please keep coming.

Ascaeldor, Conflama, Fayith and 3 others like this.
  8. Indaria

*walks in and drops a rope and a bag of sugar cubes on the wooden floor with a thunk*
    Hi. I'm Indarria. I don't have a horse problem. I can stop breeding and catching horses ANY time. It's really no problem. *challenging glare*
    I dunno how many horses I have in my stables. All of my CP is tied up in horse ranches *shrugs*. I have a hell of a time finding a stable to register my wagons in. I go through, what, 3 wagons a week? I dunno.

I feel like I've been sitting on this damn wagon forEVER. The only time I get off is to catch another damn horse. But that's not really the problem.

I'll tell you what I have a problem with... Sausages. I have a sausage problem. Too many stallions, not enough mares. I order a Taco Supreme and I get a big old Hot Dog with Onions. THATS the problem.

Ascaeldor, Sad Panda, Ajna and 5 others like this.
  9. Lady Minuit

Hi Indaria,

I can tell you are unhappy, yet you do not accept having a problem. You did step in here though so maybe there is hope for you yet. You must feel it too.

You say you're tied up because of your multiples ranches. You say you are always sitting on the wagon, but have you ever thought horses were the cause of this issue? This obsession you have is damaging your life and making you angry. Before you can heal, you must accept this fact.

You say you have sausage problem... would you have this problem if you weren't so obsessed? NO.

You are obsessed with sausages and tacos. Snap out of it. Get off the wagon. Go live!

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but your delusion forces me to act so unkindly.

If anything, thanks for being here, I know you will come back. You must.

Ascaeldor, Sad Panda, Ajna and 3 others like this.
  10. Indaria

I have a sudden desire to get off the wagon and go kill things... in the face...

Ajna, Fayith and Lady Minuit like this.
  11. Lady Minuit

Anger is good, channel this energy!

Ajna, Fayith and Indaria like this.
  12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Omg I lied I said I was going to fish but I caught myself taming horses and woke up this morning not realizing I was running around Heidel on my horse all night instead of afk fishing, is this bad?

13. Lady Minuit

It's typical of a pathological trainer. You're not hopeless but this is a serious set back.

You must go grind monsters for an hour to shake it off. Go now.

Ascaeldor, Conflama and Dryed like this.
  14. Shaynae

I sold three horses yesterday as I mentioned...and gained four more from breeding. I may be wrong, but I don't think this is going in the right direction here.

15. Lady Minuit

Well it's all about perspective. Is the glass half full or half empty? At least you sold some and you are getting use to the feeling of parting with them.

But don't give up now. Next time, I want you to sell the same amount you are getting.

16. Indaria

It's the Two Step of Life.
    One step forward, two steps back.

17. Luciferia

Luciferia Kunoichi 28 NA

Hi I'm Lucifer(ia) and I like to sniff horse glue. I just can't stop exchanging horsies to barter for glue. I figure if the horsie doesn't have good skills, they must be good for something else. Can't eat them, no recipes for horse meat. So glue is the best path.

I also horde the evil silver that I have nothing to spend on.

Don't judge me. *sob*

18. Ajna

LOL 28 Legendaries?! Just the thought of obtaining one makes me twitch... I SO want Nevermore...

Lady Minuit likes this.
  19. Lady Minuit

Hi Lucifer and welcome,

I'm glad you found your way to us.

At first glance you don't seem to suffer the usual trainers obsessive compulsive behavior, and you don't hoard or gamble away.

But you seem deeply troubled nonetheless.

First off, your addiction to illicite substance is worrying to say the least. You've gone so far that your are starting to lose a bit of your humanity. Your lack of compassion for horses is saddening.

You need to go back where wild horses roam free. You need to look at them, really look, and admire them as the strong and beautiful creatures that they are.

I hope you can see their majesty and realize that they are "real" too and deserve your respect.

Hopefully this will awaken some of the innocent feelings in you which will bring you back to us a little.

You are not beyond help.

Thanks for sharing.

20. Luciferia

Luciferia Kunoichi 28 NA

Thanks for understanding. I have done quit a bit of gambling in my past, but no longer have any desire to do so.

I always wondered if I could break my glue obsession by taming a single horse myself. I never even tried to be honest. I prefer my horses delivered potty trained and saddle ready.

Mayhaps one day I will go into nature and give them a look in their natural habitat.

Shaynae, Conflama and Lady Minuit like this.