1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about the new Personal Info page (P screen)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Mythmaster, Mar 7, 2018.

?

Opinion of the new personal info page...

1. I love it.

2. I hate it.

3. I don't care or don't have a strong opinion either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mollybal

Its different, they removed information and made pointless additions. You'd think they would ask the players what they are comfortable with or what they'd like to see on the information page before going ahead with making these types of changes.

2. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

People complain about any and everything lmao.

QOL changes are what keep games relevant. You should know the whole UI is changing ... they already did the work for xbox they are simply bringing it over.

You are uninformed and salty.

WaifuJanna likes this.
  3. CM Aethon

Community Manager

Perhaps I gave the wrong impression with my previous statement. I did not intend to imply that a vocal minority means their feedback is somehow inferior or irrelevant. Rather, that when providing the requested changes by our community at large, we do our best to find the middle ground where we can.

I'll provide an example of the often deceptively complex nature of feedback and how we tackle it:
    • A small percentage of the population does not like "x" change at all, and wants it completely reverted.
    • A large portion of the population is either indifferent or ok with it, but otherwise non-vocal.
    • Another small percentage of the population would be ok with the new change if certain adjustments were made.
    • Finally another small portion of the population absolutely loves the change and wants it to remain exactly as is.
    Now looking at it from a logical standpoint there isn't a move that is going to make everyone happy, ultimately making any change at all will shift some portion of the population into one of the other camps. When we submit your feedback to the developers, we include the information (criticisms, concerns, suggestions) from all parties. In addition to this, we provide our own feedback as well, based on what we feel would hit the middle ground while still being reasonable in terms of development turn around time and priority.

The last tidbit that most folks often forget is that the developers must also pit all of this against feedback of varying levels of priority from 7 regions in total. Which is a fairly monumental task to juggle when you consider that each region is equally as passionate about their own desired changes as well.

So yes, your thoughts are absolutely important, as they provide incredibly helpful insight into the direction our community would like to see things move in. Getting those changes will take time though, and we'll continue to work on improving that process and the delivery of the information related to it.

4. Vanadiel

I will give you simply feedback: How do you see your attack speed with the new UI?
    Answer: you don't.

5. Vanadiel

ok, I see what you did there.
    You only show attack speed for those classes that use attack speed, and casting speed for classes that use casting speed.
    Does not make much sense since you can go - on either of those stats and you would not see that now, but I guess somehow it makes sense.

6. Vanadiel

Can we someday get windows positions that stay preserved? It is so annoying that you can move the windows around, but as soon as you log out or switch chars, they go back to their default position. It seems such a simple thing to do.

Also resizable windows should be high on the list.

7. Zurinaire

The aesthetics aren't bad, I question some of the design choices. There is one change I hate so much I actually voted for "I hate it" in the poll.

The life skills no longer have text identifying themselves. I work much better by text than by icon. I don't care even slightly if the icon for gathering is a sickle, I want to see the text "Gathering" next to it.

Yes, I can mouseover the bars to see the text if I want to, but that's taking a system that was previously clear and easy to use, and replacing it with an extra step for no reason. I like the new style, but minimalism for the sake of minimalism isn't inherently good, nor do I think style should replace functionality.
    (I'm aware that with the new location of the bars, they could not easily fit in all the text as it is currently arranged, but since they chose to arrange the new profile in this manner that's no excuse.)

Mistermoff and WinterFox like this.
  8. Traxxle

Prefer the former design. Having to scroll over lifeskills to find the % is a nuisance, not an improvement.

WinterFox likes this.
  9. Oceansky

It's terrible, hate it and think the portrait is unnecessary, I liked being able to open the page and see at a quick glance what percentages my life skills are at, now it only shows the percentage of my highest lifeskill and take time to mouse over the others which seems to slowly show it eventually.

WinterFox and Senzai like this.
  10. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I like the portrait but feel like the rest of the page needs an overhaul.

11. Escapism

That new design is a perfect example of oversimplified ui for casuals, it shows less useful information within the same space and just tries to look more colorful and dynamic.

adding a characterportrait to it is useless, only you are seeing it anyway and you see your character all the time, its just taking up space which could be used to display more relevant information.

You see less information on your lifeskills, you have to hover over them now to see the % xp (decisions like that belong on a simple website design, not in a "information sheet" in a game)

theres not even enough space to display full short texts, the descriptions for your resistances are cut off and you have to hover over them to see the full text. Again things like that are ok on a website with a responsive mobile layout, but its bad in general if thats necessary. Listing the resistances all in 1 column would not only fix this problem but also look better than this weird clunky "box"-layout, and would barely use more space.

Listing atk/cast speed, movement, gathering fishing ect, in 2 columns instead of 1 also makes no sense and is just more irritating, it looked much cleaner in 1 column.

Overall i would almost get the impression that we're just guinea pigs to try out new designs for the upcoming mobile version, where this window will probably be in 100% screen size, hence also why its making sense to add some graphics to it, because a full screen window in a mobile game with only text just doesnt look as good.

WinterFox likes this.
  12. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

I so much hate it...
    I don't get, why a fantasy setting needs a steril scifi-design-ui.
    And now I can see, which char I play at the moment... nice spacewaste for redundant information.
    If this is the prelude for the console version, then most infos shouldn't be given after additional actions but directly.

And... I still have to call the black spirit if I want to know the failstack on this char.

This is the wrong direction, seriously.

13. Escapism

or press logout where you can switch to an alt and check under the characters names.

14. TGxRazzyman

TGxRazzyman DarkKnight 61 NA

I, personally, don't like change. The old one worked fine. Why change it? The real kicker is that it had a portrait added that, while neat, doesn't help me know more about my character. This portrait did take up space that used to give me relevant info at a glance. It's by no means world ending, but I got something that provides no real pertinent information on my character screen while adding extra steps to get some pertinent info.

Overall I would classify this change as a step backwards for me. The info is all still there, but someone did a bunch of work to make this change just so I have to now do more work for the same information. That's kind of dumb, don't you think?

My suggestion, would be to give us options, if at all possible, to keep the old interfaces in place whenever updates like this happen so we can keep an old system that works well for us (if we want) rather than be forced into a newer, less efficient system. Choices are always a good thing.

:)

WinterFox likes this.
  15. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

...which is far off from accurate if you changed your failstack since the last login which still could be hours ago to just remember. Not really a good workaround.

16. PandoraRose

Personally I think it's okay. I feel it didn't really bring much of further use to the table, but it's nice to look at.
    At least I don't have the default picture for my main.. as those tend to be fairly ugly.

17. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

It looks a lot prettier than the old one, I really like these icons for professions instead of normal text.

Arvalo and WaifuJanna like this.
  18. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

love the new "P" menue, now u have all important informations sorted on one page. also u can see your skillpoints, biographie, and your highest lifeskill stuff is highlighted too!

In guilds things are easyer now.
    -Before the new recruits/players need to post gear screenshot, skillpoint screenshot, lifeskill screenshot -> they needed 3 screenshots to share their "profile" with the guild.
    -now they only need one. and the new ui is more clear, it shows the class icon/name directly, also portrait from character. so its a bit more personal too. When im talking with new recruits/members i'd like to see how their character and background information/lore about the character too. - no one wants copy pasted character templates with no creativity/lore... every roleplayer will love the new ui, and the other "normies" love them too.

So all i can say great change, love it. thx Kakao! but please add the "time ingame/actual playtime" option back, so i dont need to guess when i get my daily laventian event stuff ;)

[​IMG]

Pros:
    -Skillpoints added
    -Profile Picture
    -Biopgraphie directly visible
    -Class added / class icon
    -Highest Lifeskill rank highlighted
    - the class "useless stat" aka cast/attackspeed is gone -> less confusing for new people

Cons:
    -Actual Play time / ingame time missing

#58 WaifuJanna, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Arvalo likes this.
  19. Dardragon83

This
    Yes, using icon without text is always a bad design, even if they are well known icon.

20. Dardragon83

I disagree, this stuff would be really bad even on a website.