1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are PA/Kakao even letting this happen?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by waifu, Aug 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I agree, PA allowed this to happen and almost 2 months into it, hasn't addressed the issue at all. They are responsible. They should be more active with the game to realize unintentional side effects much quicker, but they aren't. Even Kakao doesn't participate in the game, who knows if they've even reported to PA about this issue or not yet. The forums are silent from them like always.

I agree, increasing the drop rates would be more of an incentive to do other activities. The problem with how much you are suggesting to do is it's beyond reason. As I've explained in detail several times.

Your suggestion is turning the game into easy mode, there would be no player retention in game. They'd end up losing players faster than they join.

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Silver is only worthless because the market place is barren.

What is your estimation of the playerbleed off from doing that? Just nerfing Seamonsters

As opposed to people seeing a patch all servers permanently get 100% increase in loot drop, players get to randomly keep 1 of the top ten Preorders of items posted in the MP, Arsha server gets 200% loot drop, All current loot scrolls in the game will expire in 2 months. All lifeskill results also know yield profits surpassing base costs, including Viper stones. Max buyout for such things have been adequately adjusted x7 or somesuch.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

ROFL there is no retention now!
    This game is the definition of easy mode.

4. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Yes, silver is worthless because the market is devoid of items players want. The same thing happens though when you have too many items, which is what you are suggesting. Why would anyone buy anything when they could easily go get it themselves, which means items sold on the market would be sold for far less.

I don't think the game will lose many players if sea monster hunting was nerfed, I think the ones that haven't quit because of how retarded it is, would just go back to doing what they were doing before. I don't think we lost many people when they nerfed digging, it would be equivalent.

It's funny how you believe my suggestion is the easy one when your suggestion just turns the game into easy mode itself.

Sidina likes this.
  5. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

There is more retention now than what there would be if they followed your suggestion! If it's so easy, why do you want to make it easier?! See, this is why I know you are a troll.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Once again that word with you"easier"...Less repetitive..repetitive is not = to difficulty.
    RNG does not = difficulty.
    If lifeskill items sold for more then their base cost your telling me that would hurt the MP?

If instead of doing the same circle rotation 4000 times, you only has to do it 2000 that's difficulty in your book?

If People actually wanted to place items in the MP, cause they could turn a profit, that is a bad thing?

7. BaldVulture

yea like that's even remotely fun... BDO has one of the best combat system on the market and what do they do with it, destroy PVP, and make content that involves shooting cannons or shooting rifles... BDO has got to be one of the most shallow games on the market right. There is no challenge no PVE unless you call shooting a rifle or cannon pve but even still it aint challengeing its only a timesync.. they had a nice opportunity with savage rifts and blew it why use rifles when you have such an amazing combat system... They're completely out of touch and it seems at this point all they're doing is milking the cow as much as they can and when population becomes too low they're going to release some cute outfits and drieghan to put that carrot on a stick back in your FOV once again.

8. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

You are the one saying the game is easy already. You are suggesting making it easier, not me.

Why would life skill items sell for more than their base cost when you are talking about increasing the value of everything in the game to match that of sea monster hunting? The items would increase in price as well as their base parts.

Doing 2000 rotations vs 4000? That would be easier and less time required. Hello?

People wouldn't make a profit by selling items in the market because very few people would buy them because they could easily obtain the items themselves rather than pay someone else.

What are you even talking about anymore? Your arguments make no sense at all! Leave the critical thinking to others.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Really? People in GW use the MP..so there goes that pile of BS.
    Say the word with me repetitive does not equal difficult. No it is not easier it is less repetitive...But I see you want repetitive rather then challenging, or engaging, That is your preference. I do not prefer that.

Sounds like a personal problem if things do not make sense to you...I can only dumb things so far, my bad.

Ill try again, since you like to keep inserting what you want to read, instead of what was written out.

I gave % of item increases, you keep claiming some magical thinking math of seamonster ratio based on your own BS.

Now try again.

Or don't, I doubt anyone cares aside from you.

10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

This game is not Guild Wars, this is Black Desert Online. So no...that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

You want the game to be easy by rewarding everyone 1000x more than they do now. If less repetition isn't easier, why make it less? Why not make it more? It is your preference to make the game easier, not mine.

You are right, I don't think you could make things sound any dumber than you already are, lol! I'm also not inserting anything into your words, I am reading them at face value. You are the one who suggested to make item increase equivalent to sea monster hunting, so it gives players more incentive to grind elsewhere not me.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

"1000x" now?

WTF dude, Nope.

Things can be less repetitive yet difficult, things can be massively repetitive yet mind numbly easy...See how that works?

This game is the later, and 100% increase would only reduce the required 4000 circle rotations to get say 1-2 crescent rings to about 2000.
    That is less repative, and would lure more people away from doing seamonsters for instance...Not an idea cemented in stone, tweeks are always welcome, but a straight nerf in your opinion is I think a terrible idea.

12. C6H5CH3

This guy gets it.
    BDO as we know it has been spiraling down the drain for the longest time now and simple explanation is that they just don't care anymore, because their priorities lie elsewhere. All they do is window dressing.

Veight likes this.
  13. Joeboss

There are enough things to fix/ballance before destroying something that is actually fun for a whole guild and their group activity.

Take your guild ship and join the adventure.

I just got my friends to go sea hunting with me. We are not that powerful yet but we have a lot of fun doing this. Its finally an activity where more guild mates can partipate in.
    If they now make this obsolete they would get rid of party-content which is enjoyable and not wasted time if you do it in partys.

We get free items every Week from the daily rewards. This makes up for the money that is made by hunting AND HYSTRIA MONKEYS who make 80m/h.

Its also not like you would get free money for sitting in a Castle (and maybe having a fight die 2h per week)

14. DCoVeR

just add guild shop with all good stuff for higher price than marketplace but avaible without problem, to buy even with your own guild cash (this should be something like that, you get silver instantly after selling sea stuff to your own "guild fund depo") and purchase all the usefull stuff like that. If you list them at marketplace(you losing some silver) you will get some kind of buffs for lifeskill, grind, drop rate for activities whatever it can be, there is so much ideas how to fix this problem. :)XO<3 with self guild silver depo you could gather money you are working for from sea hunting, nodes, payouts etc. and just get it normally to storage or buy exclusive stuff from guild shop whaaaatever zzz

15. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Yes, I see you still don't have any critical thinking skills. More work is harder, less work is easier. Less repetition is less work, hence it's easier. You want to make the game easier by lowering the amount of repetition required.

Getting 1 or 2 crescent rings in 2000 rotations is still not anywhere near as rewarding as sea monster hunting, so why would that be an incentive to go there instead?

I realize you think a nerf to sea monster hunting is a terrible idea because you can't wrap your head around the repercussions it causes short term and long term. The damage is done.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Exactly.

And if it is work to you...Why are not getting paid, otherwise it is called a hobby.

17. FckinEnchant

One way to maybe ease the issue, is if they have dynamic events that happen throughout the day, randomly.

I'll give an example on one random channel at a random location (we'll use Cresent Shrine as an example) a server notification will appear.

Something like "The Argos Saunils have gathered there forces and their roar can be heard across the desert from their Shrine" (you get the idea)

At that point they're HP and Damage Output are drastically increased and the drops rates are also increased by 1000% for one hour. Due to their strength you would need a group of 5.

While partied, and in the target area Special Deals will be automatically activated and all drops, rings, scrolls, black stones etc... go directly to the market for purchase by others. The groups killing get the silver from items being sold, and the economy gets flooded with items for players to buy. While creating group content and more than likely open world PvP at the location with other groups!

This can literally happen with every hunting ground in the game, Hystria, Aakman, Gyfin, etc....

For the low lvl hunting grounds that don't actually drop anything of value like accessories they could drop boss scrolls as they currently do, that new players (group of friends, who would probably be grinding that area) get to keep and can do them together.

Just a thought!

RageAgainst likes this.
  18. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Sea monster hunting is as much a group activity as grinding is. You can do it in groups, but it's better if you do it alone. This is not party content.

19. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

...what?

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The damage is done...nerfing at this point rewards everyone who took advantage.
    Kakeo let this happen it's time for a market adjustment, and drop adjustment, and Lifeskill adjustment.

ODB3698 and Smoover like this.