1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are PA/Kakao even letting this happen?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by waifu, Aug 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The fact I would do different from what you just typed, makes it opinion.

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

WTF dude, I just told you, if you go to a box retailer..In this case the games MP, See the price..can you make it your self? Or do you make enough silver to buy. Decisions, decisions.
    What does Kelly blue book mandate you sell your car for?? Yea thought so, Its worth what people will pay.

Now that can be called difficulty in your opinion since you feel the need to sell things at MSRP all the time.

#102 Kynreaa, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Smoover likes this.
  3. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Guys "we" do this already 2 years. (some for changes some not)

Ofc "we" can continue this, but its clear that the "majority" is fine with the game and anything around it.

So wait for the next big promising cash shop game, because this is the direction future games will go.

4. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

No, that just makes you not very smart. That doesn't change the fact that increasing the rewards like you said to 100% or even 200% wouldn't be equivalent to sea monster hunting, thus not a very good incentive not to participate in that activity.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

If you (and others that want to nerf) do not think it is a smart decision, that is more incentive to do it.

6. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Literally, your entire first paragraph (I guess I'll call it that) makes no sense at all. Kelly Blue Book does not mandate anything, they provide suggestions and guidelines. I sell the items in the game at MSRP value because that is how the game is made. We don't get to decide the prices, thankfully (for now at least.)

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

RageAgainst already admitted the damage is done, cats out of the bag.
    Nerfing will further bleed players in my opinion.

Smoover likes this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

That is why the market is barren.

9. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Yes because obviously doing the stupid thing, your suggestion, is better. What?

10. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

The market is barren because more people are taking advantage of the activity that gains them more net rewards than other activities such as grinding.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Nerfing is going to bleed more players in my opinion.

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I call BS...first example, Viper stones for gloves.

Total ever sold? Why is that?

The market is barren cause the game under values everything.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Right back to this example...Imagine it costs McDonald $20 to make a big mac, PA says nope you can only sell it for $1, How many Mcdonalds are going to remain open? For instance.

What happens when you try and make people sell things for less then base cost?

You just admitted you would pay $10-20, cause they get to set their price..Now imagine PA/Kakeo setting the price to .50c-$1?

#113 Kynreaa, Aug 13, 2018
  14. Srich

BTW to make a pen ogre u can even need over 1k rings xD and no they wont nerf sea monsters cuz the activity is so boring that they deserve that little 3.8B per week

15. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I disagree. We've run into this situation before, not this severe, with digging a couple years ago. The only people we lost were the ones they banned.

Making the game too easy like you want will ultimately see more people quitting because there will be nothing left to enjoy.

Not every item in the game was made to be sold for a profit, somethings are here so we have to make them ourselves. I think that's kind of obvious. The reason we can sell them is that the result is RNG, you might not get the one you want and this offers a way to recoup some of your loss getting what you want.

It's the same thing with enhancing gear. Some people will spend a fortune enhancing others will spend less.

If the market was barren because the game undervalues everything, why wasn't there a problem 3 months ago before the octopus event? There was no inflation 3 months ago.

Your character in-game is not a business. You (McDonalds) are making the JIN Viper (the hamburger) for yourself. If you (McDonalds) doesn't get the JIN Viper (the hamburger) you wanted, but instead get a breakfast burrito (a WON Viper) Pearl Abyss allows you to sell that item in order to recoup what you lost and to try and make that JIN Viper (your hamburger) again.

Also, when people have large amounts of income to spend, they tend to spend frivolously, it has nothing to do with the perceived value of an item.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Yes, I am my business, but in your opinion PA/Kakeo gets to set my prices..Hence why there is no business open to the public, or items I place on the MP.
    When has anyone tried to make a burger then RNG told them nope you got a burrito so place it in the MP to get your ingredients back? Whoops your ingredients cost more then the end product.
    When I make something for my self, I consume it my self, the MP should be there to get others silver into my pocket.

The digging example is poor only because you did not need to invest , and join a guild, build a boat, and level up sailing/invest in blue boat gear etc.
    That was a straight exploit, from carrying max inventory space, and only leaving room for sharp/hards to be farmed from digging on a less then level 50 toon...nice try.

#116 Kynreaa, Aug 13, 2018
  17. zhagsten

I count on all you seamonster loving madmen to teach a lesson to Koreans when we get global competition. You should be all decked out when it arrives.

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Nah the global BS is just that, BS..First of all, they have far far more PTW options then we do, and they have done just that PTW. Our top whales Cannot compete.

19. Escapism

What would happen in reality is that they would figure out a new recipe using cardboard and old used sponges instead of meat & bread, so they can reduce production costs per burger down to 0.60$.

Oh wait...

btw a single burger in my country actually costs > 10$ :(

Kynreaa likes this.
  20. Kismet

Kismet Wizard 62 EU

Need a rollback on silver for those who have abused the system, not really difficult with queries and lines code