1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are you handling the new changes?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Numiko, May 26, 2018.

1. Numiko

Want to know your guys' opinions.

Personally these changes have been difficult. Especially after learning a class and suddenly having to change your play style you've worked hard to perfect over the years.

Have any tricks or tips to deal with the new changes?
    Change in gear, crystals, buffs?
    Are you avoiding certain classes all together now?

Or you guys just waiting it out?

meme3.jpg

2. Celensra

Oh you shared a picture of my class being killed...honestly, I don't know even one person that's enjoying these changes. Not any of the over one hundred former guild mates I used to lead or anyone in the new guild I joined when I returned to the game. No one I've met likes the changes. I think we just have to endure everything Pearl Abyss tries to throw at us and gods above be willing, they'll see we still don't like it and change it back or they'll actually stumble upon something workable...time will tell. Until then, I'll be grieving over my class as I wait for Lahn's Awakening >_<

Kusaragii, Evil Wood and T800 like this.
  3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Only thing I am really hating, is how you get knocked down and are on the floor literally through out the whole fight until you die. PvE is the same ****. If monster knocks you down, you stay there as long as it keeps attacking. Good thing Some mobs have a sec or 2 that you can get back up. Its so fking annoying. Other than that, I'm fine with it. Wiz has been dumb down a lot and I think we still have that bug that we hit nothing but air. Stupid bugs.

4. ifDragon

My mystic is on hiatuses and i'm maining Lahn in the mean time cause playing this butched Mystic is really frustrating.

5. Redarion

Overall, I don't like the changes. The game had issues that needed fixing but these changes have watered down the game too much.

As usual, PA uses a wrecking ball when only a hammer was needed. However, the game remains the best and I will stick to it until something better comes along.

Evil Wood and AZzalor like this.
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Try using resist cristals on your boots.

Silowyi likes this.
  7. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Its Pearl Abyss that is responsible for the changes, not Kakao.

And how I'm dealing with the changes? Well lets see, I've completely stopped pve'ing and pvp'ing (pvp is a joke at this point, but then again it always has been with how unbalanced the classes are), and I've just devoted my entire time to life-skilling. Only thing I pull my weapon out for is for killing things to gather, world bosses, and guild stuff. The pve is a joke too. This game has serious issues.

There's really no point in learning your class right now, because every week they keep changing things and screwing things up. You're better off doing what I'm doing right now, life-skilling while watching the game die, and waiting for them to finally finish gutting all of the classes in this game. Then finally you can re-learn your class in a dead game because by the time they're finished I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people have moved on at that point.

8. Esix

I check the forums now and then, read the patch notes every wednesday (hoping for good news), but in the meantime I haven't logged on in about a month

Aedesia, Smilence and Tvvin like this.
  9. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

Mobility of all classes has been affected greatly with the may 16th patch. RBF used to be fun and anyone with 180-200 AP could still contribute to the fight prior to the introduction of renown. as a ranger, the recent stamina changes have affected me greatly in my ability to be an agile ranged+melee fighter. The patches so far feel like they cater far too much to the "softcap" player base (that isn't even the majority of the player populace) and PvP feels slow, clunky and quite bland.

10. kaliver

kaliver BIadenips Valkyrie 61 NA

I've been leveling an alt. How this is going to go down is I'm going to get bored with that, begin only AFK fishing/processing while showing up to node wars for my homies. Then I'm going to realize that the combat is so bland NW aren't worth continuing to play this game, and my PC is going to be relieved when I stop running BDO 24/7.

11. T800

I...

#11 T800, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  12. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

bobo1979 likes this.
  13. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

Looks like I beat him to the punch.

I've put the game down and won't pick it up unless something dramatic happens. I believe the game is in a fixable state, as far as mechanics go. What they have is the start of a new core gameloop, and it may wind up being better.

The problem is we can't see where they're going and they won't tell us. At least, not in detail they won't. That's damaged player trust incredibly, even if it hasn't lead to everyone quitting.

Also, as a parting gift to me, nerf Tamer. See to it that I am heard, @CM Yukimura . Because suck it @irrelevant .

Reigne Irkalla, Pkmdz and RealXared like this.
  14. Arexx

i absolutly agree, this game is a joke right now. i only lifeskill the last weeks since renown score came out becaus off thos stupid changes. before renown score release the game was top from my opinion idk on wich community they hear when they say we balancing the game, the game was top.

KotoRena likes this.
  15. Columba

doing fine and laughing at the elitist crybabies!

Mgp likes this.
  16. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

I'm not changing a thing until we're over the major changes. Spent way too much silver on JIN crystals to swap them out until I'm sure the changes are here to stay.

17. Shanothy

You should, Shakatu box and advice of valks in attendance! Only reason I'm logging in every day

18. Kalade

I honestly didn't care much about the changes before since I never really PvPed, but then they went and ****ed with Valk's stamina consumption, so now I spend my days in Calpheon processing and cooking my broken heart away.

Qasim likes this.
  19. DedKorean - Ezzy

DedKorean - Ezzy BlueTeam DarkKnight 62 EU

Handling them by training everyday! By training i don't mean PvP training

Qasim likes this.
  20. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

[​IMG]

Beeso, ViktoryiaV, Sheky and 3 others like this.