1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Bad Will The Guardian Nerf Be?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Haemosu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Aurasormr

choovanski, Fateneko and T800 like this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

EVERYTHING oneshots an archer cmon...don't take the squishiest class that is out there as a dmg test. A valk can oneshot an archer like that just as well with terra sancta or an archer can oneshot an archer with full bloom or a musa with crustcrusher->foul play or a witch with voltaic and so on...
    Also 319 dp is rly nothing.

It's no secret that guardian has tons of dmg per skill but the difference is that you can't do many skills in a combo because they are so slow. If you don't kill a target in 2-3 skills or are very lucky with downsmashes they can just get up.
    Doing combos with high dmg often only include 3-4 skills. For example grab -> shift+f -> s+rmb -> shift + rmb + flow.
    After that combo the target (if not dead) can get up already. Now take a ninja and see how many skills a ninja can do in the same time.

3. T800

I know, it was just for lol's, don't take it seriously.

Standing targets don't count.

[​IMG]

4. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

I suppose by OP succession warrior you mean that warrior with succession can now grind at the same speed others have been grinding for the past year and a half right? Cause warrior was subpar at any spot ingame apart from hystria.....I find it ironic that you call other people delusional.....

5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You ever seen succ warrior grind endgame spots? It's by far the best grinder there...now we have guardian which is close to that. All other classes are far behind succ warr.

H4T3 and Rügenwalder Pommersche like this.
  6. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

Yeah i do see succession warrior grind endgame spots everytime i play bdo.... So let me get this straight you are complaining about warrior being on par with other classes on grind speed for a month or so now, but i guess you didnt object on awakened warrior being trash for i dont know how long compared to almost all other classes in PvE for more than a year and a half...grow up....How many people did you know that made a warrior alt to grind before succession? I ll tell you how many, ****ING ZERO.....and that coming from someone that plays a class that had everything going for it since launch i mean give me a break and get some proffesional help......

7. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

Funny guardian is the class where i have absolutly no problem kill someone after grab. shift+f-> shift+rmb(down smash) is all i need. After all its a matter of gear.

Jinoro, Factorial and Aurasormr like this.
  8. gurghul

In comparison to Musa,lahn,valk in pve guardian is just to slow. Mass PvP so far nothing special D. Class ,solo PvP irrelevant in game. Then Yes guardian is kinda weak

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Warrior is not on par with other classes but is way faster in succession. Sure before they were trash grinders but does that excuse them for being completly overpowered in succ grinding?
    ofc it's a matter of gear but imagine them taking away the dmg...then suddenly you have no options left. Guardians need the dmg to kill people and don't forget soon everyone will be more tanky with the extra hp we'll get through the new adventure books.

10. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

I start to cry about nerfs when it happens, not before :)

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

totes balanced. 13k trash, uses maid three times.

245 kutum, tri bs.

also, awaken warrior is not exactly trash in endgame spots either.

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ah finally he is on par with other classes which, sure, are 269 kt but still warrior is finally equally good

AZzalor likes this.
  13. T800

It's Korean, they can pull even 14k in Aakman with Guardian 265 AP:

I don't know how they do it. I can't find 13 - 14k numbers for EU/NA server.

14. Daigurern

Yea how about stop talkin from your ass and get some experience on the class first.

Any Warrior/Valk/Mystic can easily outperform guardian in PvE. I get the same amount of trash/h with guardian as I did with my Mystic. Valk got around 500 more while both Mystic and Valk are far more easy to grind with due to their skill kit. Have fun in Sycraia on Guardian trying to survive with slow ass animations. All the sustain in the world cant save u if you hit once every 5 seconds.

U literally have to be gear carried for late game and I can feel this one right now. I do Stars End/Sycraia on all my classes and Guardian has a rlly hard time especially in Sycraia.

Her PvP is still a joke. Any half-brained player can abuse her slow and immobile playstyle. If you die to a Guardian on matched gear, u suck mate.

Any grab class can EASILY get her into a choke during her casting animations, especially her Shift+Q / Spacebar.
    Any non-grab class is twice as fast, easy to dodge and i-frame classes can literally destroy her.

Shes absolutely garbage when it comes to speed. Slower than a Striker/Warrior even. Dont get me wrong, I love the class as is but ppl shouldnt expect her to be any efficient at lower level areas. If you are used to play Mystic, Musa, Maehwa etc. Guardian feels like u play on Slow-mo.

And there is nothing in her kit that can change the fact that shes a walking mountain. U can combine her W+F into her S+F dive bomb to cancel the wind up animation, also use her Spacebar before her Shift+Q and NOT afterwards to speed up the Shift+Q animation. And ofc. her W+RMB into preawakened W+RMB for a quick jump combo. But thats about it when it comes to usefull "cancels/animation speedups".

If they ever were to nerf her damage or range, she would fall behind every other class. Shes already mid-low tier pvp (looking at you Korea) and therefor received several buffs in a row but is still considered mid tier at best.

Pretty sure thats 100% increased spawn rate and a combined Loot Scroll. Ive been to all areas, kill mobs faster than the Guard in the video and got less trash with a "normal" loot scroll.

Any class one-combo kills after a grab if played correctly on an even matchup. Except for Mystic at higher gear maybe.

High End PVP = First CC wins

#34 Daigurern, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2020
  15. T800

It's like going back 2 years ago, and reading similar post defending Mystic.

Give it a rest, they will nerf this class once they are done milking it, like every other. So no need to get worked up over it right now.

This whole topic was made just to bait people that like playing Guardian. It's a trap.

16. nolasigns

When a handful of outleirs emerge and make YouTube flex videos, that everyone who fails against guardians will use as evidence to build a case on.

17. Schinrah

Honestly I'm also curious. I can't for the life of me get close to this, I only have 5x T3 pets, okay but I don't even get 10k in that room, I have more AP, quite alot more actually and I let the video run on the 2nd screen while grinding doing the same rotation etc, I kill em quicker than he does, quite abit quicker actually and I get less.
    I don't think he's using the upgraded lootscroll, or do they have some kind of other loot buffs affecting this?

18. Deyric

Slow doesn't equal weak especially when those hits are harder. As far as I'm seeing she's doing a lot more damage than other classes I've leveled against the same mobs with the same gear. Drag one group into another drop God Killer and you'll wipe both groups with 1 ability. The second batch of 10 will die on the pulses.

I can't take anyone serious that says it isn't a seriously high DPS class.

19. Deyric

False. If you are dead from 1 cc you are doing it wrong.

AZzalor likes this.
  20. gurghul

Are u real ? Did u ever fight bracket 275 ap + ?
    Ofc u are dead