1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Bad Will The Guardian Nerf Be?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Haemosu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

That's not true. That's only true if you build ap first and then later focus on dp. At that point you'd still have 300dp and would ofc die. If you equally build it, at that point you'd have ~340dp+ and would most likely (except you're an archer) survive a combo.

It's a common misconception that at high ap everything just dies and is a result of people only focusing on ap while neglecting their dp.

2. gurghul

You don't know to much about do..

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

4. Daigurern

Im not talkin your olvia pvp mate. Im talking 280++AP fights.

And if you dont one-combo someone at high AP its YOU who dont know how to play his class properly.

Nah, not at all. This one was created by one salty kid that got dunked on by a Guardian and told his mom. But comparing Guardian to Mystic would be insane. Mystic was absolutely broken back then and got nerfed to **** now. Guardian is smth between a Warrior and a Valk, great damage, extremely slow, almost no cancels and little PvP potential on high skilled pvp grounds that is.

Guardian is a Noob Basher, thats it. Ppl that dont know how to dodge, i-frame and use their move set get easily eaten by a Guardian cuz u cant trade damage.

Im playing Guardian as an ALT char and shes trash tier at high pvp, mid tier in mid PvE and Pretty good at high PvE (Still sucks at Sycraia compared to other classes, gets hit way too easy and way too hard) But she excels at Aakman as far as I can tell.

1st of all, that Archer just spams buttons.
    2nd That Wiz is 99% Evasion and the Archer simply lacks accuracy.
    3rd Its pretty obvious that you are not at high AP. I can literally melt ppl with ~360DP at 283 AP myself. So please stop spitting nonsense while u have no experience. DO NOT GET FOOLED BY VIDEOS ON THE INTERNET

#44 Daigurern, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2020
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

@Kauni i heard you suck and just spam buttons and also you have no acc at all xD

Fateneko likes this.
  6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

You are probably not from EU, am I right?

Ye, my accuracy is super bad actually ngl... and I need to git gud as well :/

Attached Files:

7. Aurasormr

Nice meme KekW - the vudeo is a clear proof that you have no gear at all Kappa Kappa.

8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Yup, I always take it off before I fight, especially vs 650+ GS people :-)

9. Rügenwalder Pommersche

maybe he is actually enhancing pen boss armor for profit and selling them, thats why he faked this video "to proof" how tanky ppl with pen armors are so ppl buy them not knowing how useless dp is
    upload_2020-2-11_19-43-32.png

Kauni and Aurasormr like this.
  10. Schinrah

So pray tell, how do you "built dp" alongside your AP without gimping yourself? Because the only "DP" worth a damn is coming from V+C armors not from some DP budget accs you equip to artificially boost your sheet DP. You sure can equip those accs but the effect will be quite different and at the same time it will lower your AP enough to make you a toothless kitten.

Until you have IV accs, armors, weapons, there is no point pushing for V armors, it's just not cost efficient. And once you have the former you are already sitting at 281AP/285AP Nouver/ 269/273 Kutum with "vanilla" accs, 4 AP less if you go for Narcs 6 more if you go Distortion.

On the other hand if you even take out one of those AP accs and switch it to some DP acc you get some good looking sheet DP but the effect is limited while you lose 3-4 AP brackets while gaining barely any noticeable tankiness.

So to many players there is not much point to sidetrack with that, it limits your grinding potential, it still doesn't make you tanky and you give up the option to at least be able to kill someone.

Tankyness starts past 340DP and you get that with VC armors, if you get there with ACC's you'll have reduced your AP to a point where you wont scratch most players on T2+ while you will still get deleted.

RN you have two choices in BDO when it comes to gearing for PvP, you either go full on DP or AP, "hybrid" builts are reserved for endgame geared players with V's in most slots. If you try to go hybrid without that gear you'll be neither here nor there.

11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You can't expect to be tanky and only build ap. If you want to be tanky you have to sacrifice something for it. It's really annoying how players want to have all that ap and only build ap but then complain they are not tanky.
    Sure you're not having as much dmg and i can totally understand why players build ap first. Just saying that you can't expect to be tanky if you don't built dp.

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

depends on the class tho, strikers or mystics often go for 269 kt and push dp with narcs/orki its really easy for them to be 269/340 without pens,
    i for example could push for 281/324 nv

and im telling u, u really feel the dp at these stages - obv ur not going to survive if u get ccd but that isnt the point of dp anyway to be allowed to make a mistake i think its fine that its gated behind pen c9

Fateneko, Kauni and AZzalor like this.
  13. woots

maybe like most class, so like a Mystic, she will loose most protection ( since like nearly all her skill have one )
    Guardian is "very good" because PA need reroll and see player invest money in their brand new class, once its done they are certainly going to break it like all others class

14. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i wouldnt say they break them (since they alrdy get released broken) they just weaken them after releasing them way to strong

nothing new, basically every game does this

15. Schinrah

Because it is a worthless sidegrade. As I said, if you don't reach sth. around 340DP you'll not notice an significant incrase in tankiness, definetely not in group PvP on T2+ nodes. But if you achieve 340DP with accs/offhands and not with V + C armors your AP will be abysmal, so abysmal that you won't scratch anyone with average DP on T2 which is 309-324.

At the same time you severely reduce your grinding efficiency and thus make less money on top of having spend money on items that will be obsolete for endgame PvP. Being abit more sturdy but sacrificing almost all of your dmg for it isn't going to help you at all.

The only place where you can "pvp" with some budget hybrid spec without high AP is on T1 nodes, maybe. You come to T2+ with low AP and ~340DP from budget accs you'll get deleted without having the AP to counter it.

I got no idea what your gear looks like but from what you are posting here I'm gonna assume it's a far stretch from "endgame" gear, and that you're likely not regularly doing uncapped nodewars, otherwise you wouldn't advice people to sacrifice AP for some meaningless budget DP.

16. nolasigns

That's gearing for kill count perspectives.

17. Schinrah

It's gearing for efficiency. A few points extra in DP will not make you tanky enough to withstand the dmg that gets thrown around in Nodewars/GroupPvP right now, it might be okay for 1vs1, but then again most 1vs1 are decided by first CC. If you get CC'd someone with 281AP will easily kill you even with 340DP unless he screws up his combo during a duel.

For example, if you switch out let's say a IV crescent for a IV cadry ring and equip Kutum instead of Nouver in your offhand you lose 4 AP brackets from the ring alone and another 3 from Kutum vs Nouver. A normal AP built with full IV accs and IV weapons + all the adventure books will then drop down to ~252AP, so let's add some Caphras to boost you to 253AP, that's not a whole lot since most people on T2 have 309+ DP these days and vs that 253AP isn't doing a great job.

You might get away with it on some classes but generally speaking you'll just be a dud that doesn't deal dmg and is also not tanky enough to properly frontline. As I said, either go full DP or full AP, aiming for a hybrid spec just puts you in an awkward position with the current state of the game.

Tankyness these days comes almost exclusively from V armors with a ton of Caphras in it, and ofc playing the right class because some classes will never be really tanky regardless. You can have a Ranger, Archer, DK with 360DP and you will ofc notice a difference vs 309DP but they will still be squishy vs 281AP+ compared to sth. like Ninja/Kuno/Warrior/Guardian etc that have some decent buffs and passives to make the most out of it.

18. Rügenwalder Pommersche

269/324-331 (kt) mystic/strikers wont to talk to u about that

19. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Been playing her since awak on a couple rbf's and NW's with 281/285/337

As someone mentioned here before. i can agree that shes a total noobbasher. Pop Ebuff maybe Z Buff. run in Shift F first row of people dead. look at your hp. still high? Shift Q everything dead in the attack radius. still alive? spam unprotected skills until the 10 second sa runs out.
    S+F out if needed at any point in the bomb. or keep on destroying everything.

as soon as you have 1 Grabclass with working brain and reflexes of a half dead calf youre gonna get grabbed in the first Skill you do. unless hes not tanky enough and just gets swooped before he gets to you. or hes not a Warrior or Zerker and fail it cause a good amount of people have high grab resist. those 2 usually dont give a **** about that. (remove that passive when?)

if you fight people with gear equal to yours you get outtraded by alot of classes. and if S+F isnt up, your block about to break and your hp already low. youre pretty much ****ed. you wont get away. cause W+F is to slow and unprotected on the back. Feels just like valk. totally missed it.
    ofc it all depends on how well you play. but thats... logical

now this was mostly for 1vX 1v1 scenarios. cause in blobfights you obviously have PA's and stuff.

for Blobfights she seems to be pretty alright. you can perma SA. so you dont get cc'd easily. your slow debuff is annoying as hell. she has good range to spread the aids. good engage disengage options. SA grab which isnt really all that great compared to others.. but hey its a grab
    if you got Z and E Buff ready shes decent as a bomber. Shift F Shift Q with those 2 buffs shreds through HP like butter. and since you got 10 seconds of SA you can spam the rest aswell.

So long story short. it has alot of good things and alot of bad things. she has decent counterplay.
    as long as the bad things dont outweight the good things or the other way around a class is fairly balanced. which in my opinion guardian is. it maybe could need a few tweaks. like being able to cancel certain skills a bit faster cause some are really bad and so unbelievably slow. gives me valk vibes where i just die through pa while casting 100% F

If you have 8/10 good things and only 2 bad ones a class is broken. not gonna shame the classes that are broken atm. since most people already know who i mean.
    If you have 3-4 good things and the rest is **** its not completly useless ofc. but just not fair, if you play it well but still just get **** on by certain classes that dont even have to be played well it really gets annoying.

And yea her pve is really good.
    Took me 6 hours to get the right pve rotation etc. To get same trash on guardian with tri blackstar tet dandy
    As my valk with tet bs and pen dandy.

#59 Legacina, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes so what? I like the fact that you can't be tanky and have onecombo dmg and it's good that way. Build ap -> die quickly cause lack of dp. Build dp -> don't die but don't kill.