1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Bad Will The Guardian Nerf Be?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Haemosu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Hypotermia

Lul thinking 340 DP is significant tankiness lul ulululul :)

2. Shawnn

Uhm shouldn't people be asking fo buffs/balance to other classes instead of nerfs? I mean one could argue that nerfing Guardian would be the same as balancing but the class would essentially become useless. I mean most people are already finding it too slow to play, imagine if it were any weaker.

3. Hypotermia

ppl would have to understand the fact that she is so slow that you cant really get hit by the skills if you're aware of them also many players think that balance is about 1v1 or what class manages to get highest kill count in nodewar. There is too many variables to think and many do not even bother considering anything else than complaining that class is op while issue might be themselves or the situation and so on

4. MadMaximoff

Just remember these are the same folks that complained that base void Boss Giath was destroying their Guardian because they don't know to roll/side step his extremely telegraphed swings...

They aren't exactly good judges of balance

5. Hypotermia

A lot of balance complains come from because lack of knowledge. Either opponent doesn't know someones gear etc and most think only they lost because of class and not like someone is better than them or they have more gear.

Thats why anyone who says class x is op or deals too much dmg without actually providing anything to back it up should not be listened at all

6. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

succ will smash pretty hard at release, especially in 1v1 due to all the protection and heavy hitters

ppl will cry for nerfs like hell for like 2 weeks, then they learn the visuals and start to predict, from this point guard will be, even low tier in 1v1

imo a nerf would be wrong here on this class. its just the surface that shines atm (and a bit overtuned dmg in awk in highgear PvE ofc)

7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Not sure what’s there to nerf. She’s very slow in exchange for damage and some tankiness. In addition, she’s basically a free grab lol.

8. Factorial

9. Factorial

Well, that would be the smart thing to do.

The entire philosophy of most people in BDO is to nerf everything to the ground until it is unplayable.

Then they complain about something being unplayable later down the line.

BDO Balancing 101.

10. Hypotermia

Its business strategy for PA. They will let few classes be FOTM and OP for few months and then hit them hard with their nerfhammer to get ppl reroll

11. peanut777

Her damage does actually need nerfed, I've been running around taking out mirumok groups in a single hit... its just a little bit stupid.

12. Hypotermia

PvE and PvP dmg is completely different so remember that.

Also so far what i have experienced on my own guardian she is not the fastest grinder out there yes looking at you succession warrior

Legacina and AZzalor like this.
  13. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

I never played Warrior, so i don't have personal experience. From all my toons Guardian is by far the "best" grinder.

Trash mobs: Juggernaut, shift + F and shift + RMB is all i need for serious grind speed. The combination of speed, ae size and low effort is just great.
    Hard Mobs (Stars End): i can kill a full group during one crystal knockdown with only 255AP. This is just stupid. On top she is tanky as f*** with self heal and base DP. Group to group mobility is fine thanks to Juggernauts low cd.

14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Actually she's pretty bad at trashgroups cause she is pretty slow at moving between the groups.

15. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

My workaround (at pollys) is: Jaggernaut. I can't stress enough how good it is on trash mobs because you can 'skip' a group (just run past them to the group after next). When Jaggernaut is on cd (only 7s and 4s when dash ends) a combination of both W + RMB, dash and Infernal Nemesis keeps me mobile, i never have to walk between groups. This is why i don't get this "she is so slow" stigma.

16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

It's not like she's unplayable slow, just that other classes have more tools to move between packs that she lacks. Sure you can go with juggernaut through a pack but at certain trashspots this doesn't work as you said as the packs are too far away from each other.

17. Hypotermia

I got no experience from low end spots. I have been spending my time at high end spots for hmm 2 years now or something like that.

Also i don't think its worth of discussing about low end balance because ppl pass that point very fast nowdays. Its not like it takes year to reach 261 AP or higher.

Never grinded in Stars End either but im grinding in Sycraia 280 AP area and im getting similar results to my Mystic. Guardian is slightly better.

Guardian is not tanky af. She has great sustain true but her dmg taken is higher than other classes for couple of reasons because she has no DP passives. Ofc im now comparing Guardian and Mystic but there is VERY clear difference. With same DP as my Mystic i was taking way more dmg per hit at 280 area. Its insanely noticeable. Same thing was with Shai. Difference is as much as day and night

Grehm and ODB3698 like this.
  18. Schinrah

Definetly a good grinder, also a convenient one due to her good sustain and big aoe. She's definetly amongst the better or best classes to grind with even at lower gearlvl's from what I've seen.

However, there are many other classes that are just as strong and also not every class is equally good at all endgame grindspots. It's a big difference depending on what class you play wether or not the mobs are CC'able and with what type of CC, mob grouping, distance between groups and pull mechanics etc.

So as far as her PvE performance is concerned I'd say she's perfectly fine. SuccWarrior, Archer Ranger, Musa etc. depending on spot and gear are just as good or better. She performs really well even with lower AP so she's a good options for newer players aswell.

Grehm and ODB3698 like this.
  19. ODB3698

Is this the BDO version of the "civility" argument? It's all good when witch/wiz are on top, but when you guys have issues...everyone else is under the microscope and are in need of "balancing". Its pretty weak when you resort to complaining about PvE. I could see if it was about PvP, but seriously...PvE?

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u dont agree pve should be balanced? reasoning behind that is?