1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Bad Will The Guardian Nerf Be?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by Haemosu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Ubbles

My guess is going to be on God Incinerator or Dragons Maw and overall guardian accuracy. They already nerfed her accuracy 2 patches ago I believe by bringing down cleansing flame from a 18% accuracy buff to a 9% one. They still have the pre awaken one that gives 24% tho so.... yea. Overall Guardian accuracy rates are pretty decent even without the buff active. Possibility they might reduce her DR/DP on block, also I'm not sure what does it or what causes it but her block is without a doubt the strongest between warrior and valk even tho they have more DP/DR buffs. My last guess is that they might take a stab at her crit damage passive maybe.

2. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

They already nerfed awa shift f to 9% and next few patches foretold encounter will get nerfed aswell.

Just nerf her ebuff. Without z or ebuff her dmg isnt all to insane compared to other classes,
    If you get oneshot by a shift f from a 280 ap guardian youre either a ranger or have 0 dp

Half or reduce the ap, acc and critdmg she gets with ebuff
    Even with that her ebuff outperforms almost every other in the game. Or finally buff other ebuffs.
    I mean her dmg is still good without. But other classes can still outperform her burst

And why nerf her block. The block guardian has is the first block since release of awaks that is how a block should be. If anything they should buff the other 2 blocks to a similar lvl. Warrior less but valk block should be even stronger than guardians cause she doesnt have a single usable iframe compared to the other 2 and relies completly on fg/block. Warrior is a faster guardian so they can play around having a slightly weaker shield

Nerfing shields is the most stupid **** ever.
    If they do that when will they ever nerf iframes? You cant counter it in any way besides hitting them between iframes. While block you can still get back attack or simply get grabed

#122 Legacina, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Ubbles likes this.
  3. Netreiam

I'd rather they just make preawak block as strong as awak block and make shield chase an I frame (and decrease the cooldown of chase II and III slightly)

Valk needs actual I frames and no amount of block will change that.

4. Ubbles

Your not wrong just my guess from what I hear people getting upset about the most when fighting me or another guardian.

5. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

i mean its true that a stronger block wont fix her. but it would help alot. one thing i noticed the most with the 5k extra HP in sieges is that you can actually take your time before making a move. cause your block isnt just pure paper. ofc you still cant disengage properly cause **** fg dashes. but it still helps. you dont have to run like a rabbit hoping your block that just got back to 100% gets oneshot by another archer that is out of your vision range.
    but yea some kind of iframe would be nice. maybe just make Awak A/D+Lmb into a skill and make it always SA and Iframe on Cd.

yea i mean i understand people being upset about her. she isnt weak at all. but i would only nerf the things that are actually op on her
    which is E Buff for example. her insane accuracy already got nerfed into the right direction. cause that was actually broken considering how good her base accuracy on her skills are.
    also making her slow only 5 seconds would make it less frustrating to play against.

no need to flat nerf her skills.
    and im still sure there are other classes that deserve a dmg nerf long before guardian. but first some classes would deserve a buff

6. Waifu_Hunter

i think we're at the part in the power creep cycle where all the previous classes could use buffs

ODB3698, FairlyEnjoyable and Legacina like this.
  7. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

are you kidding me? this class is a blatant insult to the game. our guild doesn't even trial them at this point

8. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

your loss if you dont take geared guardians. not particularly hard to play but does require some gear so you dont get bursted in every SA and can trade efficiently.
    youre retarded to not take guardians.
    Doesnt even has Bsr's yet or well not on Live servers yet. and from what i saw they are pretty decent. needs testing in Pvp when we get it. at least the 50% is gonna be op

9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

yeah ofc we are the retarded ones when people play console classes

10. Legacina

Legacina Valkyrie 63 EU

Awak guardian console class what? i mean i havent seen succession being any good but awak isnt weak at all.
    and what does it matter if it would be good to play on console. its strong in every version

11. Beeso

As bad as you want attracted to it baby, but that will probably be for awakening.

*evil-strokes dear succesion*

12. Blitzball

Guardian awakening sucks at 1v1. She’s very similar to Wizard awakening.

She can’t do extended combos because she’s slow af. You basically can’t do 2 skills after a CC , your opponent will get up before. I’m still looking for an optimal PVP combo.. Idk why they didn’t add PVP CC on Shift LMB or Shift F. Your best engage is grab engage zzz The slowest grab in the game btw. Not viable outside 1v1 and it desyncs alot.

She is very gear dependant unlike Wizard. She has no DP buff outside skills addons. You melt during SA if you have less than 330DP.
    She is weak against any grab class, probably the easiest class to grab. By far the best match-up for Ninja...
    She has no reliable CC in awakening. Her stun ( F skill ) is a joke..

Only thing she is good for is SA trades, but you need to be full PEN armor c9 for that :D

Shawnn likes this.
  13. TinaCipollari

TinaCipollari Archer 62

14. Spartakatz

go fight some geared guardians like mongbat or zielkrampf, they usually need 1 skill after cc, after grab 2 skills are possible, more than u need.

no DP buffs? you might have missed that her block is multiple times that of other classes blocks.

weak against grab class? you might have missed she also has a 3sec iframe, just like awakened ranger, that's a pretty decent grab defense. what more do you need? and her own grab has just a 6sec cooldown, so the other class better has some grab defense there.

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ahem. few things:

wizards are extremely gear dependent unless u r counting to be constantly in pa rotation. (not likely)

guardians can decide when they wanna go in and out, unlike a awk wizard that has a 7 sec timer of death.due to teleport cd. :p

guardians do more dmg than awk wizard by far. also better defensive options.

also u dont need full pen to be good with it :D

<3 mikan :)

#135 WhySoSeeryus, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    MyNameIsJeff likes this.
  16. Aurasormr

Smack her with 2000000 tons of stone like they did with mystic and be done with it.
    The cries of people, whom try to find a way to snack in their "she needs to be big nerfed" getting way too much again, and im getting tired of this.
    its basically the same EVERYTIME.

Yes she has Points which make her strong, yet she also has various points which make her bad. As another person said in some other thread "there are MUCH worse classes out there that need a real nerf".

I liked this class from the get go - the esthetics, and generell a weapon type which i like ( also the nod to For Honor's Lawbringer ).

But tbh - this pans out to be another witchhunt - KR even says its NOT as OP but still people on EUNA go grab their torches and prep to burn her to cinders.

Legacina likes this.
  17. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

let me guess, it dont make you stay on the class tho if you dont get a freewin by classpick.

18. Aurasormr

If the witchhunt reaches new hights - sure, id go back to my old characters. But who wouldnt ? Imagine you play a class whom gets QQ on every ****ing second, until the witchhunt literally burn it down to nothing but a shell. Losing class identiy is a valid reason to move on - and sadly it happens for some classes.

Sure you got some smack power, which is what she was designed for to begin with, so i like to compare her to a mortar - if you dont move and get hit by her, ****ing hell, its YOU that messed up not the class being OP. She is not really know to move arround as fast as other classes - she surely can be kinda mobile but not the OP lvl of mobile.

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i dont want to hear such poor excuses. there is no identity in classes. its just fotm will get a nerf after a while and people like you NEED to stay viable. so your only option is to seek the new OP stuff. thats the circle you in, but dont try to convince anyone of your actual class being "balanced".
    i think it cant be more clear as how OP guardian is atm. its clear as day and a nerf will happen come hell or high water.

20. Aurasormr

thanks buddy to remind me - that i am exactly like that.. i totally forgot what kind of a person and what kind of player i am.
    Nerf and buffs will eventually come TO ALL CLASSES, but its never enough for some people. All of KR thinks she is not as good as you literally praise her to be, guess they're like me aswell ( okay they sure have more tendecies to be at the top so.. that might be correct).

But what do i know - im just a poor FOTM reroller kek.