1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come ppl here aren't supporting Good Content Creators?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Aug 9, 2020.

1. LightningFFXIII-4

I see this guy making nice vids all the time but see the number of views barely break a few thousand. Like how about supporting Youtube content Creators so more ppl would make them guides?

I know there's a lot of Content Creators out there but so far these 3 gives the best guides and don't usually have memes filling up in their videos.

2. Tolmos

I mean, if the number of views are low then it's likely because not enough people know of them. I actually watch/use Chris Poli and EvilDoUsHarm's stuff quite a bit, so I definitely appreciate the good work that they do. But a low view count isn't an issue of people not supporting them... it's an issue of people not knowing they are there or using the guides. It would be more indicative of them not getting support if there was a high view count and no likes/subscribes on it.

Someone, either them or BDO itself, needs to do a better job of bringing their content to light.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. Keophiroun

Because people are too busy grinding to watch youtube. lol

Rilok, Franconia, Souda and 2 others like this.
  4. MADE

Since the game have a (relatively low) playerbase, obviously content created around it also have low view count.

yukishiro1 and Oakley like this.
  5. Hajiarux

because most people like this guy

piratebeowolf likes this.
  6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

because most people aren't hardcore players that do any of the contents other than buying outfits and role play on C2

7. asdsadfas

Feel like this is more a spreadsheet and word doc game than a watch a video game

farsay, Graugus and Jinoro like this.
  8. Claydough

Who needs to watch a video about loggia vs manos??

Rilok, Tracey, crawlord and 3 others like this.
  9. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

people like @LightningFFXIII-4 who makes up numbers and how the game works because he only watches youtube videos of people who probably doesn't know much about the game and also make up numbers and how the game works.

10. TeRRoRibleOne

Don't forget them lying about multiple things in the past and I having to factually correct them. He's been called out by mods more than anyone else on this forum for factually inaccurate lies.

11. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

ppl are too busy afking in bdo and playing other games

Tracey, crawlord, Jinoro and 3 others like this.
  12. Aysnvaust

I know all three of them, and imho EvilDoUsHarm does the best guides for newbies (and advanced players) one can find at the moment.
    But what I would like to know: What's your source for the statement that people here are not supporting these content creators?
    As far as I know, there are not hundreds of thousands people roaming this forum, so in comparison to the subs on those channels there is no indication (to me) that these channels are being ignored by the forums community.
    Maybe I missed out on something?

13. zhagsten

What do you mean by "supporting"?

14. Megta

Megta Archer EU

I don't watch video guides. I prefer text based guides.

I think he means "view/watch the videos" because he said something about the "view count".

15. zhagsten

Well then the reason is in the result itself. People don't watch these videos because they don't find them or they don't want to watch them.

16. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Exactly.

crawlord likes this.
  17. RainnellLynnMitarius

One of the reasons is probably due to the oversaturation of the same stuff made by different people. It's not rare to find guides on the same topic or either showcasing the same stuff over, and over, or even clickbaits. Something in the lines of --Road to PEN! No P2W!

While I respect content creator for their time and investment, it's not everyone that actually have the charismatic approach to it. Neither how efficient they can be about explaining the content. Like many other things, it's a question of preference. Some people could sit and watch PVP montage videos all day long and understand what's going on, while I just sit there confuse on why ppl find this even remotely interesting.

Arch2k likes this.
  18. reconkangas

Depends on the content they are creating. It also depends on how they name/describe there videos so that search engines pick them up when others are searching.

The next thing is are these content creators cross platform? Do they play other games and do they do live streaming?

I honestly dont know any of these guys but well I don't really like content creators a whole lot do to some experience I have had interacting with them in game. From a certain "na best" musa that ONLY plays clips of him winning when he routinely gets monkey stomped 98% of the time so he gets his pleeb subs to play like him and they get destroyed freak out and not understand why they suck in pvp. Or a specific spastic sorc that gets so wound up on live stream that he ends up eating his gape nation trash everytime he comes in contact with anyone over a 570gs and loses then calls out for his sub to come running to his aid to help him...

From the arrogance to greed of some of these content creators shall I mention the most recent issues with the chests that a certain bunch of players just got smoked for exploting or how about a certain guild that exploited the guild system just to get there HP back and well all of those content creators freaking out on live stream calling people **** for brains for not agreeing with there point of view?

Basically you mean content creators that anyone with half a brain and close to 600 GS would realize that a 250 ap kutum guardian is gonna have a hard time making 6k junk loot at stars end. Those content creators that post pve rotations and grinding per hour guide that slip in a grand or so of junk loot un noticed to make it look like they are making 175mil per hour just to get more subs then you see complaints as to how the hell they are making that much when guys with 280ap kutum can't even come close. That type of content creator?

Just saying that a lot of folks here don't go in search of content becouse they lost faith in a lot of creators and generally will look for answers in other directions. Not to say theses you posted are not good its just they are not trying to put themselves out there eather.

#18 reconkangas, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  19. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I personally have no interest in following any BDO related streamers/content creators. It's just not enjoyable content for me.
    I would only lookup some streams or videos if i need a very specific piece of information and I have been unable to find it elsewhere. Get what I was looking for and move on. There are other things I'd rather read/watch/listen to.

That's just my personal preference, but its likely shared by others as well.

Franconia, crawlord and Jinoro like this.
  20. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Yeah im not sure how many views you're expecting due to the playerbase number and the types of guides... Also the stuff isnt that hard to figure out on your own.

Fearless V and Hezekiel like this.