1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did this joke of a patch make it through testing

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Reuter, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Rhetorical question actually, my bad. The answer is simple: They don't test sһit at all, that's how.

2 years after the game's release they decide to simply shove the Arsha mechanics up our bum, after players have repeatedly voiced their concern about the CC mechanics on said server being detrimental to the game. It was supposed to be a test server, and we tested it plenty and people deemed it to be utter sһit and yet here we are (not to mention that our so called Arsha server existed for over a year in KR as a simple test channel).

After PA have demonstrated to not understand their own game in the slightest by forgetting (oops) that classes have spammable stiffness skills they try to apply a bandaid fix which turns PvP into a complete and utter joke. As per usual certain classes benefit from these changes more than others, more emphasis is being put on cheesy mechanics and 100-0 deaths within a few skills. This is on top of the recent gearscore mechanics which -needless to say- are complete garbage as well and create bigger gaps than ever before.

The CC changes lead to the impression that BDO is somehow a 1vs1 game. How are you supposed to keep track of enemies during group fights that already exceeded their max cc count? It's terribly unintuitive when certain skills simply don't work anymore due to circumstances which are out of your control and not immediately visible in any shape or form. Not to mention that a metric ton of skills apply multiple CCs on target which leads to even more confusion and broken PvP engagements. PA is trying to fix problems which didn't even exist in the first place.

[​IMG]

This right there is a fuсking special gem. So in all their wisdom and in an effort to mitigate long cc chains they make it possible for you to get repeatedly down smashed during group fights (or even by certain classes in a 1vs1). Omegafuсkinglul. Not to mention that not every class has air/down smashes in their inventory to begin with, once again solid evidence for PA seemingly forgetting how their own game works after suffocating in all the sweet $$$$$ they made from it.

So how about instead of messing and completely changing the cc behavior of this game (which didn't warrant for massive tweaks in the first place) 2 years after release PA actually listens to their playerbase and tackles genuine problems? The only decent fix for our current situation is a complete rollback for every change going back to the status quo before the increased AP scaling.

And no, I don't wanna hear from some 400 GS lifeskiller that I just need to adjust and learn new combos xdddddddd cause it isn't even about that.

#1 Reuter, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Asami, Nellkay, Xero.Exe and 13 others like this.
  2. Zephyrsong

I think you just need to adjust and learn new combos

3. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

You act like Pearl Abyss has a QA team.

4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Greed. this all happens because of Greed. I'm 99% sure PA fired or he resign game producer and no one in PA team left, who have any clues on game mechanics or where game is heading.

Altas, Tvvin, Foxens and 3 others like this.
  5. Nik_Fury

This. I totally agree they ruined ninja for example. I also think it's ridiculous having to keep track of cc's and invisible cooldowns. It was fine the way it was. With this action free flow combat system we should be the masters of our kit, and only have to worry about our own skill cooldowns, if a grapple doesn't go off for example it should be only because of grab resist. I really hope the community makes an such an uproar that they Have to listen to us and revert it. The only other option would be if everyone went on strike and didn't log in at all for period of time till demands are met but im sure people don't want to let go of their addiction for short period to make progress which makes me sad.

6. Joungf

BDO and QA ... joke? Yes!

7. Mookie

They wanted to improve pvp.... maybe they should have added more pvp content Instead of destroying there pvp mechanics/builds. You have one option now in your build stack as much gear score as possible, that's it. Why have accuracy? or resistances? when you are forcing everyone to play one style full ap monkey. They killed all the diversity in builds with one patch.... I don't think I need to dive into the cc issues I would go on for hours. T hats just how bad it has become and there player base is dropping faster than ever. It's so sad that they decided to add massive changes without communication. They gave us that **** pvp server to test it and the server was dead... no one took it serious and made it very clear that it was not like yet they implemented it anyways. When an developer makes big changes like this to an mmo (that has been out for years now) it's almost always devastating to a game especially when it's not communicated.

#7 Mookie, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Tvvin likes this.
  8. Seken

Well there is no doubt that AT THIS MOMENT pvp aspect in bdo is shitty also I dont want to defend game devs, because they should check those changes on private serves or beta or whatever.
    From the other hand Im a little bit happy because they havent finished yet and are still trying to balance the game and change how the fight looks like. In my opinion (if this info about future changes is true) its great idea to remove those freakin tons of cc's and super armors/forward guards and just give few of them to every class. This way will allow fights to look way smoother, because you wont just rotating sa which is terrible idea by itself.

Pook600 likes this.
  9. Kazx

All they needed to do was just get a team of PvPers that actually play the game and know what they're talking about to give them feedback and act on it. Instead they are applying random ass changes to the whole pvp mechanic system that nobody asked for and is breaking the game and causing more people to quit every single week.
    Before the Renown score and cc change the imbalance wasn't too horrible, the only classes that stood out and needed hard nerfs were warrior valkyrie and mystic, and a few classes needed some minor buffs. Instead now we have those 3 classes even stronger than ever before, and the already bad classes are in an even worse spot now. Balance is worse than ever and it's not getting any better either. Imo the only hope left for PvP in this game is when they actually open the international feedback forum like they said they would and actually start listening to people who have a clue.

Redlx and Askore like this.
  10. Alexandrious

wait, you found out they don't test their own **** or even play their own game, just now? :|

Oh my dear young lady, you are in for a rollercoaster of "wtf"s while you play this downhill disastrous loss of high potential. I suggest you look into one of the upcoming mmos coming around now and 2020 and follow it. You will be less heartbroken in the end. :)

:D

11. CC

CC

How do you want to determine who's a good and fair pvper though. Same goes for the Forum: If the same people like in this forum start posting there it wont be any good (my opinion, statistically spoken).

^
    this. Im afraid the Lead Designer is already out or working on another project, atleast that is a logical explanation to the "balance" attempts the last weeks.

I can just emphasize what some people in the forum said: Rollback the CC system and get someone to work on class balance individually and intesively, because for me it looks like someone just changed some general parameters without knowing the consequences and endgame PvP of this game.

12. Shaman37

Hi sorry new player here (at least to BDO really though I have been around a while just not playing my hardware back then didn't like the game).

So WHAT is the issue with the CC changes ..

this is not a knock but people get really upset (and I DO understand this) but you fail to really explain the issues for dummies like myself who don't really get how things were changed (my highest level character is a 52 mystic and then I have a 30th something so haven't done that much pvp yet.

I get CC is crowd control and all but how were things changed so radically to make people upset to this point ..

Thank you guys ;)

13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

long story short, they wanted to do balancing (tbh needed)

they did some parts wrong (superboosted damage, making all other builds meme or obsolete) and then they thought the combos are the problem, not the damage done during combos.

so now they are in middle of basically reinventing the cc system, some of the ideas are good, some are kinda radical changes and will affect some classes hard.

at the same time, they didnt reduce damage. coz unknown reasons.

14. Shaman37

ok thanks .. it is always really hard to understand because IF your weren't here before (or at least not very long) you really can't tell what is going on..

15. Kuu

Kuu

FYI, a majority of people here don't know what the crap they're talking about, because they're using all the wrong words and wrong arugments for to voice their rage.

So grow up, and do some put on your thinking hat and use the right words.

For starters, this is BDO's 3rd or 4th CC system. Not the 1st, not the 2nd. It's the 1st NA/EU CC change, so don't act like it was perfect, static, or even them killing traditions. You guys are sound as looney as the "founding fathers" propoganda machine. Just because something was in your generation doesn't mean it's correct or right.

This new CC system is nothing more then them deciding it wasn't sustainable like the previous system, or the one before that. If you didn't know the previous system was all about infinite combos, and dashing around...you know much like now?

People didn't like the change then, and cry a river, only with less **** posting. And now you're saying the current system is some holy 2nd coming?

2ndly, the devs do know what they're doing. The posts have made their intentions clear as day. They're normalizing classes, and simplifying rules.

Love it, hate it, whatever, go wild with your opinions. Calling them all sort of names just makes you hypocritical, and even stupider then you accuse the devs of doing.

They have a plan, it's messy as heck. But it's a logical, plan, and there are obvious reasons they're doing it. Not because of some AP changes or they screwed up. It's a plan they probably had for a while and decided it was the direction they were going to go in.

Only the truly stupid ones can't see what they're trying to do. Like/Dislike is a whole separate argument, instead of name calling.

Allan1985 likes this.
  16. Nyhver

you baited me

Makes a lot of sense

They remove skill overall then revamp the CC system to make it allegedly more fair but they change the CC system to have a different efficiency system that none of the classes were design on.

The removal of skill is pretty simple, they removed prolonged CCs by capping out CCs, it was already a problem with RNG, but RNG is still a thing, they removed skill and made the bread and butter combos even more simplified and easy to do which has bad consequences for PvP, both in terms of skill, gear gap, reward and overall design.

You had a higher skill cap when you had to master more skills and more combos, and if you were fast enough/skilled enough you could have multiple people CCd, but they simplified it all to less skills and with that made fighting uphill battles even harder because long combos was one of the only ways lesser geared people had to fight those with more gear, then they buffed AP and added the reknown system.

There's a new learning curve, growing pains, but even before learning these we know there's huge consequences to anyone astutely inclined, then once people learn it we have combos and muscle memory that's less skill, less good than before. To what end? So people could feel nice knowing that skill means less than it use to? So people can be elated in learning something new only to have nothing?

What are we to do? Embrace a bad concept like League of Legends champion cycling so we can have a new 'meta' all the time so people can fulfill their urge for 'new' all the time?

Profoundly grotesque in the face of skill and stable balance if you ask me.

Blackhearted likes this.
  17. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Based on what track record are you deriving this conclusion? They also had the plan to achieve something that resembles class balance as per their announcement on the 2017 Oasis Festival. And look how they hilariously failed in that department. And instead of pursuing that goal they simply surprise us with some highly dysfunctional PvP system.

Please enlighten me how a CC system based on hidden caps is more logical than a CC system based on visual indicators.
    Please enlighten me how overhauling the entire CC system is a logical plan whilst they are not taking into account how classes deliver CCs on an individual level. Skills with multi CCs instantly cap out the CC count and are rendered unusable.
    Please enlighten me how incremental changes being instantly pushed onto the live servers which leave the PvP aspect fundamentally broken is a logical thing to do as opposed to testing waters on a seperate channel (which we actually happen to have).
    And I'm not even starting to talk about the renown system and the increased ap scaling.

Even if it wasn't too late to completely overhaul proven PvP mechanics (and it is) I simply fail to recognize some grand plan. It's beyond me how you're having so much faith in Pearl Abyss considering what we have seen over the course of the last year. If that was actually planned a long time ago then we wouldn't get incremental changes and broken bandaid solutions. Almost every single change so far tells me the developers do not understand their own game - I know that's a phrase being used quite inflationary, but I can't think of any other case where it might be fitting better. I'm sure the original developer team which had ties to C9 had some good plans and great visions. But for all I can tell this team is long gone and replaced by people who are trying to streamline BDO for dumbed down console gameplay.

18. Guts

I completely agree with you Reuter.
    PA is hellbent on ruining their own game, thus I quit.

Ain't gonna stay until the fat lady sings.

19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Could you explain then why warrior and valk been hard to cc at any (post awk) state of the game and now the negatives of the cc changes do not apply to them due the lingering sa while their combos are barely affected by the changes or even became stronger (warrior)? Because I do not understand...
    If that would be at any point close to be true, they would have not killed freeze combos for wiz/witch. Why? Obviously it got nerfed because you been able to do infinite freeze combos... which is and was never true for witch. For wiz you could just lower the cd but no... they just killed it... the only combo this class had for 1on1..

20. Kuu

Kuu

The plan is no more different then other devs do, when they have too many classes and too little manpower. It's nothing new or inventive, it's simple a way to achieve their goals. (Some other posters have drew parallel of this to WoW)

Those of us that actually think a little new this was coming in some form. The inability to nerf OP skills, or when they do nerf OP skills, it broke the classes. The lack of class balance cycling, with classes being left untouched for months, in a slow cycle. The constant introduction of new classes and then spending massive updates to solely on the new class.

These all point to lack of manpower and resources, so they decided to homogenize the system. Everyone starts getting blocks everyone starts having similar CC patterns, everyone starts having same length/style of properties.

The down side is class specialty falls, but at the same time, it prevent classes from being broken or fallen through the cracks. That's all.

And you mention C9 team...that's total BS. If they were all that great, why was all the old BDO pvp balances trash, and replaced? Again this isn't the 1st or even 2nd CC or combat change. If you prop up a Jesus attempt to make it look like the current devs are trash, then why was the "old devs" system even more trashy that it was replaced.

Again stop using Founding Father's arguments. They are not only stupid, and blatantly false, they are also apply not a shill to NA/EU or even RU/JP because we're on system that's probably already generations removed.

Whatever the "original", possibly C9 combat employees were making, they were clearly even worse then now, because we've replaced them twice over.