1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you obtained your Energy Dudes?

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by AVCI, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:52 AM.

1. AVCI

Hello fooooks!

It's such a good day to talk some important things :) ENERGY

How did you obtained your Energy for Life-Skilling? Step 1 - Step 2 - Step bla - Step blub

Remember We have to difference Knowledge obtaining for
    - Ecology +x% Item Drop Rate (with S Rank Mobs - lot of effort to obtain)
    - Just for Energy increase (get all knowledge whatever gives you 1 more Energy with the minimum effort)

I would appreciate and recommend it if we post in a short explanation how we obtained our energy.

Me:
    321 Energy
    1. Explore all NPCs - Go in all regions to all Characters + NodeManagers who gives u knowledge for energy
    Also did MainQuest killed few mobs and some adventure logs.

How did you obtained knowledge of monsters and regions? Whats was your rotations and how did u do that?

I think Sea, Adevnture Journal, Academics (Amity) is pretty easy and clear. Character is also clear you just rrr all needed NPCs. But what's about Topography and Ecology....

Thank u guys! Have a nice day

2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

3. AVCI

Comment of the year. Give this guy an award!

If you don't want to discuss just delete your useless comment.

4. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

I am at 261 energy. I visit all "?" npc, with some "?" mobs it's difficult if they're scattered and I have to run to each one, and still no knowledge after (as if feels) hundreds of kills...

But I have 3 alts sitting in my residence and reading books. That's all I use them for atm, read books and convert energy into potions. Reading definitely helps with knowledge gain.

As a lifeskiller I will definitely need a lot more energy than I have now. Must work on this.

5. rebelhawk

yeah THAT
    https://bdocodex.com/us/knowledge/

Questing. Questing.Questing. and Journals.
    I have 600 energy. Everything you do ties into something else. EVERYTHING.

Daily i check my knowledge list (H key) and set out to accomplish one/two goal of knowledge added. I don't always succeed. I also check my quest list (0) and black spirit.

1. I've do every quest I can, main, lifeskill, etc.

I had to use alts to get some knowledge due to crossroad quests.

I'm still lacking alot of sea-trade/ocean hunting skills & knowledge
    Some of those quests for knowledge had me die many manytimes..getting knowledge isn't easy against mobs 50 points above your level.

2. Combat i've done my best to get knowledge on every single mob I can fight (nope, not strong enough for 270+ mobs..yet). That's Ecology knowledge -did i mention I die alot?

Drink potions, eat gold level meals, use pets with experience/combat/duration bonuses, do afk combat scarecrows, use bonus combat/skill scrolls and try to upgrade my gear..uh huh, i got all the titles for failure with upgrading lol.

3. I've had to push lifeskills get knowledge as well-you aren't a master cook, you're not cooking this or that, not a master level gathering you're not harvesting/finding these materials to obtain final knowledge. Still not there.
    Potions, gear, pets..all help there!

I have finished several journals.
    Ignor Bartali-all 15, Deve's Encyclopedia, all 6. Dorin Morgims Secret Journal all 2.

AVCI likes this.
  6. rebelhawk

i forgot to mention titles, they give energy bonus too, see those by pressing p, then go to the medal on a ribbon icon. (title). Read the bonuses given below the Title info. Those vary by what needs to be done, from gain x amount of quests to beat up so many mobs, or get a bunch of material

AVCI likes this.
  7. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Ah yes, lets just disregard one of the biggest databases knowledge collections, that you dont have to explain since it can be worked through like a checklist.
    Can you pls not pin your incompetence on me? If you dont know how to use a simple checklist i highly recommend you get a brain surgery.

8. Aluo

Academics =
    Lots of Amity conversations with NPC all around the world. I suggest getting potions to help boost your amity gain and clothing.

Ecology =
    Lots of mindless grinding on mobs tell you get their knowledge, I suggest getting some glasses from the pearl shop, and again use potions and pets to increase your chance to gain knowledge.

PRO TIP for Ecology, bring a Liquid Extractor, Butcher Knife, and Pick Axe. Some of these mobs you can harvest and that will give you a second chance to gain ecology knowledge on them. It's important to understand some mobs in the game are very rare to find.... example. Water Buffalo in Kama .... there is literally only 2 spawns right next to each other. So you will kill them, then butcher them, then run around in a circle killing other mobs you may need knowledge on, then repeat.

Adv Journals =
    Lots of questing and some amity game, this will be your bottleneck to get to 600, you will need to do many quest chains that overlap with each other and only unlock when you do the correct quests before to open them up. BDO Codex can be a good guide, but sometimes their listing of missions is piss poor and they don't really explain who starts the chain for who.... they will just show a giant list of quests that all relate to each other, but you don't have any idea how. I suggest reading the comments on these for more guidance.

PRO TIP Park an alt at Rulupe when you do her Old Moon ADV Logs. She will have you run out to a spot, then RUN BACK to her, and then turn in and take a new one.... This gets old to run back to her to take a new mission when you are halfway across the map. If you park an alt next to her, you can take the missions and turn in with the alt, and just run around the world with your main, this will save you almost an entire hour for each book. IT SHOULD BE NOTED, that when you complete book 1, you will need to wait 24hrs real time before you can accept the second book. She is park in Heidel and Altanova inns if you are looking for these missions, Start in Heidel.

Outside of that, just be patient.... it's a long shlog to get to 600 energy, but it can be done without having crazy endgame gear. Be patient, try to plan out your ecology farming so you are not running all over the world. If you run into a mob you just cant get ecology on, skip it for now. you can get 5/5 in some of them or 3/3 without having all the knowledge in the section. most of the time they will let you skip 1 or 2 depending on how large the section is.

If you have any other questions and play on PC, my Fam name is Vepar, feel free to msg me in game with questions.

9. Ternezia

Does knowledge of recipes (like having cooked/crafted/processed them), count to the general knowledge? TYI :)

10. rebelhawk

Under knowledge, (press H) , go to Life Skill
    Any of those catagories listed as blue (Obtained)-you don't see that, you haven't gotten all the knowledge on that.

Certificates
    Cooking (open up that tab)
    Imperial Crafting (sub catagory-Imperial Cuisine)
    Simple Cooking

???? means you haven't gotten the knowledge on that topic or level high enough to do that one skill.

#10 rebelhawk, Oct 18, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 3:05 PM
  11. Ternezia

Thank you! :)