1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with guildless karma bombers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Morgren, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Morgren

I'm 100% OK with fighting over the most trivial of things but how the hell do you deal with players the grief and spam tears? What's the point of even engaging in pvp when the other player receives 0 consequence while you get penalized for even fighting back ;/

*****Since my rage thread keeps getting hits, I'll edit this post properly and explain what's going on so it doesn't look like a generic lolkarmabombed thread

1) Doing kama guild mission, ask player to leave but I'm ignored and he continues. I can't outgrind him cuz zerker privileges but he keeps several packs ahead to prevent any serious hunting.
    2) Decide to leave rotation and I'm followed. This time I'm attacked while low in an attempt to kill me via mobs. I return the favour, fail half the time and kill due to him taking gear off. Results in getting full karma penalty.
    3) Can't dec due to player being guildless and can't defend myself from previous said reason. To leave the channel means I can't complete the guild quest, out of the question. In the end, I didn't have the time to finish leading to the griefer essentially completing his whole task. I get a few "lol" "get rekt" etc comments from him.
    4) Make angry thread that I expected to not gain traction. Obviously, gains traction. Explain in later posts but due most folks only reading the title + last page, thread gets derailed.
    5) The point I asked later was how to deal with this kind of situation when being griefed, not some thread about "not being able to own mobs", which if I may add, is completely ridiculous concept to even throw at me since I never once said "my rotation". Even though Im 226/284 w/ kutum, I'd gladly share a spot, offer party for someone who asked instead of casually killing a player. But of course, some players involved with the karma debate are just as toxic as the person who decided to grief me.

/rant

#1 Morgren, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Tansie likes this.
  2. 2Cents

Using tears is an automatic failure. Maybe you should learn a few things about the game.

Also Pearl Abyss endorses and promotes toxic behavior. They want you to out spend your opponents to solve the problem. They could care less about whether your annoyed by over crowding.

Spend and shut up is their motto.

Pook600 and RoxiAmbrosia like this.
  3. Stillwaters

Just out farm them that's how ya win

4. Columba

Karmabombing is a fictitious construct, fabricated by kids who can’t handle a little karma loss. Since no one can force anyone to flag up, its properly termed karmacide. Now, Learn To Share (TM)!

Balmafra, Mirajane, KikoiK and 12 others like this.
  5. Morgren

Right, next time you do a guild quest, let me follow you around. I can promise you right now you'll be lucky to get even half the amount of mobs you'll generally get alone

Hard to do when they stay a pack or two ahead, forcing you to either move (which I got followed still) or cc them and try your hardest not to kill them while trying not to die + hunting mobs

Ashlinidor and Tansie like this.
  6. Columba

I doubt it. Others have tried. They soon left, lol.

Mirajane likes this.
  7. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

You move to the PvP channel called "Arsha"
    That's how you deal with guildless "Karma Bombers".

Ampalaea, Acheros, Driftmoon and 7 others like this.
  8. Morgren

Thanks for the info! Now if only you could explain how to swap an active guild mission to that server and I may just give you a cookie

9. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Tell your guild to grow balls / ovaries and pop the guild mission on that channel.
    You can ask that same question of "Swapping" the mission to both the developer and publisher and they'll just nose exhale the same way I did just then.

If you don't want to be karma-bombed. Do it that way.

KikoiK, Ampalaea and Columba like this.
  10. Kyouki

Arsha Channel is a waste of space with a pvp system used only for Arsha channel. Only way to beat a karma bomber is kill them to mobs or never grind.

Rilok, ManOfKebab and Tansie like this.
  11. Columba

No such thing as karma bombers.

KikoiK, Senzai and Andaro like this.
  12. Raiya Li

This is true. No-one can make you lose karma. You lose it yourself by ganking someone. To be specific your not being karma bombed when your the one committing Karmacide! :D

Balmafra, KikoiK, Driftmoon and 6 others like this.
  13. AlnilamE

If you were on a guild quest, where was the rest of your guild, if you don't mind my asking?

This seems like a scenario where you could have used several strategies to deal with the guildless person because you had a number advantage.

You could have taken turns killing them. You could have had one person act as a decoy while the others worked on getting the quest done.

You could have completely ignored them because there was no way one player could KS an entire guild.

14. kimuriel13

Just outgrind them! if u have better gear than them to kill them in the 1st place u should be able to outfarm them! eventualy they all leave cause they dont make any money or they have to flag up t kill u and then u can kill them for free!!!

#14 kimuriel13, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Stillwaters, TarkusBlack and Columba like this.
  15. ambyentlight

Take screenshots and make a ticket under harrassment and get them karmabombers a 12-72 hour ban. Apparently that works.

Draconnix likes this.
  16. 6footgeeks

that and this

Stillwaters and Redarion like this.
  17. Columba

hahahahahaha. gasp. hahahahahaha. Yeah a ban for playing the game./ hahahahahaha. ok

Fearless V and TarkusBlack like this.
  18. Azaryiah

You just flag on him like any other people.

So many players are in non-declarable guilds anyway, it's close to the same...

You could as well face a guild with an "idiot griefer-friendly leader" that gives protection to his low geared ganked members (I'm doing it and it's quite fun to see people's reactions).

Anyway you won somehow, as he threw some pearls/loyalties away...

19. zenjudit

Cry in a corner because being overgeared against the poor victim got you nothing but trouble instead

Played for 2 years...what the heck is karma bombing?

20. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Outgrind them.