1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel about karmabombing?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Tansie, Jan 30, 2018.

?

How do you feel about karmabombing?

1. I wish it wasn't part of the game

37.2%
  2. I don't care/it doesn't bother me

49.0%
  3. I'd like it to stay

13.8%
  1. Escapism

in your first 3 posts i read 3 completely different opinions of you about this:

"scum of the earth" - you seem to seriously hate them
    "I am sharing my gear score and my epeen" - you seem to enjoy and having fun with them
    "You aren't affecting me" - ... so which is it? karmabombing doesnt affect you? you hate them? or you enjoy them?

please make up your mind.

2. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Well this isn't exactly a source for what he said. But definately worth a read: http://black-desert.com/2015/04/04/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

Go all the way down to the section about PVP. It's right near the bottom.. You will see that karmabombing was anticipated in as early as April 2015 when the KR CBT was stil in progress. They also talked about how BDO orginally had a concept similar to the L2 system but that this was removed. I'd like to see something similar to the L2 karma system, but with the karma punishments they have now.. There doesn't need to be punishements for dying in PVP unless you are negative.. But the flagging system really needs some work and people have though this since KR CBT... Nothing has been done for 3 years now and the karma system has only gone worse.... They had the exact same feedback in EU/NA Alpha testing and said they would work on a fix... But they never did... Also I believe Furia doesn't play anymore because of the countless issues he's highlighted in that post, but there you go.

Kyouki likes this.
  3. Redarion

Well said.

4. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Pretty sure he hates them and wishes they weren't in the game.. But obviously letting karma bombers know this just makes them do it more so we pretend we don't care XD I do the same thing.. I act like I don't care when really my blood is boiling.. Maybe the real issue is that I need something else in BDO to get my anger out on like OWPVP with reasonable incenctive

5. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Agreed. But like I said I don't want "no pusishment" I just want more reasonable punishment that doesn't effect my progress in this game.. If I lost more TIME for being negative (like super duper long respawns or getting sent to jail not matter where I am) then that would be fine.. I'd be willing to spend my gaming hours in jail xD But watching my gear progress (which takes months and months) go down the toilet is simply not worth killing someone a few times to get them to piss off when they are being a nuisance to me.

Revalenia likes this.
  6. JustSomeGuy

Its a term for a none existing thing made up by ppl commiting karma suicide which are unable to stop themselves and need a scapegoat for their compulsive behavior.

Columba likes this.
  7. Andaro

Ambassador

I feel it's a dead horse that y'all won't stop beating.

Columba and Tokigare like this.
  8. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

It's a two way street.

Killing "karmabombers" doesn't have any negative consequences for them so it's logical some people would resort to karmabombing, simply because they can. But at the end of the day these people also just want to grind. So instead of killing them why don't you outgrind them instead? They will leave soon enough.

Aiwen likes this.
  9. Alexandrious

God damn it Devante dont give people good advice on how to stay red, what if the whiners cry to make things worse? >.<

10. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

In addition, if you're level 61, you will need to be exceptionally unlucky to have a monster get last hit on you during pvp since there's so much damage flying all over the place none will be alive around you.

11. Mandalorio

If a Striker/Mystic kills me to steal my spot I will karmabomb them. I have no problem dueling classes I actually stand a chance against, but if you walk up and don't even offer to party before arrogantly flagging up because you know you can't lose. Play this game like an actual ****ing person with common sense and decency, and you won't have to care about karma bombers.

#71 Mandalorio, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    Sizer likes this.
  12. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

Rather remove the channel swap timer. Would solve many conflicts before "karmabombing" even happens.

Arialia likes this.
  13. noctred

noctred NA

Most of the time, I'm able to outfarm them and they just leave.

In my experience, many people don't actually want to flag - they just try to intimidate you into leaving or flagging with their presence. If you don't do one or the other and just continue farming like you were, they'll go away or take whatever scraps you leave them. Not always obviously, but usually.

#73 noctred, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Arialia and Columba like this.
  14. Bandrell

If I'm farming mobs somewhere and you kill me, there is nothing in the game's rules that says I have to stay away. If you flag up, I am going to do whatever it takes to get you to leave me in peace. If that means that I take off gear or keep returning until you go away, then so be it. None of these things puts me in the wrong.

15. Sv Cassjo

Sv Cassjo Ninja

lame poll, there is no thing possible like "karmabombing".
    I am neither able to fill up karma into some sort of blowable device, nor is it possible to leech someone else's karma.

Columba and Sizer like this.
  16. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

This would motivate me to play an outlaw on my main.
    Besides not needing to turn on PK to defend myself.

Tansie likes this.
  17. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

karma bombing is a myth

Milinia and Columba like this.
  18. PandoraRose

They removed exp loss for pvp death because it was being abused and innocent people were losing exp over it.
    Most already get around the issue of the fictitious "karma-bombing" by doing exactly what you said: Warring. If the person doesn't have a guild, there are other ways. People just need to actually think. Or actually have some friends. I'm sure that's hard if somebody is a straight up self-serving d-bag, though.
    I'm not bothered as I don't flag on others unless protecting one of my own from somebody who already is flagged on them. I'd rather use words and communication before violence.

Milinia and Columba like this.
  19. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Yes they do. They can go to another spot.

20. Lateral

Lateral Valkyrie 61 EU

Or the one that finds a spot taken just goes to another spot.