1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response How do you tell if someone is playing on your account?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kubla, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Kubla

I have been getting the "identical game clients detected" after I select one of my toons, I checked taskmaster there are no other clients running, so if there is another client running it is not on my computer.

I have not be able to play at all since I got home this afternoon, is there a way to tell if my account is playing online?

2. JohnnyNails

If I was in your shoes, I'd completely wipe my harddrive to factory default / format it basically the nuclear option - and reinstall windows and black desert and then change your password.

If you think you were hacked / have a key logger on your computer I highly suggest what I stated above lol... because theirs no telling what nastiness remenants a virus scan might miss. Virus protection software is a nice start in protection but it isn't flawless protection.

3. Megta

Megta Archer EU

If someone would already be logged in with your account, you would not get this message. You would just kick the other one out of the game when you login.
    And if the other person loges in while you are online, you would just get a disconnect.

But if you wan't to be sure, no one can login to your account, just enable "2-step verification" and change your password.

4. Factorial

You are probably just running two clients of BDO without knowing it. This can happen when BDO crashes to the main title screen in the tray and you not realize it's in the tray and start a new instance of BDO.

Still, change your password to be safe.

5. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Did you try rebooting your pc? If the game crashed while you were afk it may still be registering as being open. When my game crashes I always reboot my pc.

6. Rinjyu

Yes, use 2-Factor auth. But if you remain really skeptical still you can probably contact support as they should be able to see the locations that accessed your account.

7. Kubla

Yes rebooted multiple times, still got kicked because of the two clients running thing, changed my password and was able to get back on the next morning and no problems since.

8. Mimimimi

you should enable 2fa (if you haven't already). write a support ticket and ask them to check your recent playing sessions, they can probably tell if somebody logged in from a different location.

9. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hi @Kubla!

As everyone mentions, enabling 2FA is a great way to keep your account safe. But as @Megta says, that message looks like if your client wasn't properly closed. You can always perform a Clean boot to avoid unwanted software to be launched.

And you can always send a ticket if you need more help ^_^