1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response How does Horse Death work?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Belle Atwell, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Belle Atwell

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone understands how the Death system works with horses? I have a horse that I deeply love, it's not a courser, but pretty close. The other day the game didn't send me a message my horse was being attacked and it died.

What happens when a horse dies? I see it lists a death now in the Stables?

I'm recently returning. A lot of things that I knew are out of date. For example, [Loyalties] Mount Resurrection Reset is an item that I can buy using Loyalties. It seems to be one-time use per horse.

All of this leads me to believe that horses have just so many deaths until they are permanently dead. Is this the case?

Years ago there used to be a lot of hidden values in the game and I would assume there still are. However, I found a Reddit thread that says that Pearl refunded all of the Pearl purchasable Mount Resurrection items some time ago. That would seem to suggest they were discontinued. However, horses were not a substantial loss in real life or end game funds a few years ago.

Asking the guild has also been fruitless. Some people say horses can die a permanent death. Others do not. The general consensus is that if you can pay real life money for it then it cannot disappear permanently. The counter argument to this is that we're playing a Korean MMO. I'm not sure Pearl is like that any longer. I'd kind of suspect that's all gone now.

"Google it", is the incorrect answer. Google has "bubbles". If you look up physics information you will get more physics information, but may be unable to find out what the show "Ancient Aliens" is. If you search "Ancient Aliens" even once you may never find out anything more about physics ever again. So, Google is not a trustworthy source of information.

Does anyone know what truth is?
    - What is the death system with horses?
    - Can horses die permanently?
    - If not how does death affect them?
    - Why is the [Loyalties] Mount Resurrection Reset one-time use?
    - If horses cannot die permanently what is the purpose of this item?

Thanks.

2. Mimimimi

till 2018 maximum stamina and breeding was affected by horse deaths. not anymore. i think nowadays only the selling price is reduced. those are/were the only effects i'm aware of.

not having to run back all the way to a stable keeper for resurrection nvm, i confused that

#2 Mimimimi, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. Eneayo

Eneayo Witch 62 EU

in the past horse deaths had Impact on several things:

if you horse had deaths on the death counter

- the breeding rate was lower
    - the market value was lower
    - you couldn`t use the horse for horse racing

this has changed now and in my opinion the item is only for cosmetical purposes.

In the past there was an item in the Pearl shop which you could buy for pearls which allowed you to reset the death counter. After all the negative Impacts have been removed on horse deaths the item has been taken out of the Pearl shop.

4. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

As of the 21 March 2018 patch, horse death count has no impact on anything other than to serve as a constant reminder that you've failed in your responsibilities as a horse owner. Remember, you should think of them as a loved one and take good care of them!

[Notice]
    • Mounts’ death penalty system will be amended next week.
      • In addition with next week’s update (3/28 maintenance), a horse’s death count will no longer affect the horse breeding process and Max Stamina of a mount will no longer decrease with death.
      • However, death count will continue to show up on the Stable UI.
      • Due to the changes above, Mount Resurrection Reset item is no longer sold (from 3/21 maintenance) but will soon be available in the Pearl Shop (F3) Loyalties category.
      • Any Mount Resurrection Reset item held in Inventory or Storage until March 28th, 09:00 UTC will be refunded in Pearls with next week’s maintenance. More details
    Patch notes from 21 March 2018: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1152

5. Belle Atwell

Hi everybody. Thanks for all of the replies!

And thank you especially GnatGoSplat.
    - It is so hard to get a concrete answer on many things with this game.
    - It is much better than it was, but still difficult.

Yea, I love my horse. I want to be able to make it a Pegasus or Unicorn some day so I was pretty heartbroken when it died. He can already keep up with some of the slower Dream horses.

Thanks again!

6. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

Also a small thing to add, is that horse death only counts if it is killed by a mob.
    So the death count will not increase if the horse dies by:
    - Fall damage (Luckily, my pegasus has died so many times by this, oh the irony....)
    - Drowned
    - Killed by other players

7. GM Szyslak

Game Master

Hey there @Belle Atwell, I can see that you had some concerns about horse deaths. As members of our community have explained, the only effect is that your mount death counter will increase but this will not effect your breeding any more. Best of luck in your attempts to get Dream horse.