1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does town name sorting work with the new transportation.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Noixi, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Noixi

Lets try this...
    Open map while in say, Altinova…
    Click on Altinova's town icon...
    Click on the "Transport" button from the Storage inventory...
    Click on the "Send" tab...
    Click on the NEWLY IMPROVED "Destination" drop down..
    See all towns that one can ship to in this order:

1) Velia... - - - Don't think I've EVER shipped anything to Velia even ONCE.
    2) Heidel. - - - Not sure how "H" comes after "V". Maybe its sorted by last letter in the name.
    3) Glish. - - - Well, at least its not confused with "Old Glish".
    4) Calpheon City. - - - Makes TOTAL sense to be #4, cause "C" comes after "V", then "H", then "G".
    5) Olvia. - - - Seriously. Iliya Island on the destinations makes more sense than Olvia.
    6) Keplan. - - - By now, I figure some COUNTER WHINEY is already 3 paragraphs into a HATE post response, and otherwise trying desperately to join my FANBOI club,
    7) Port Epheria. - - - What happened to the ship delivery? The wagon float now and have sails?
    8) Trent. - - - Guess we have to be thankful the wagon's doesn't end up as "Usable Scantling".
    9) Iliya Island. - - - By wagon... Right....
    10) Tarif. - - - Wait a minute. "T" comes before "I" and after "I"?!?!?!?
    11) Valencia City. - - - ABOUT TIME. Too bad we can't ship Trade Packs anymore.
    12) Shakatu. - - - Pffft. I'm surprised he didn't but out spot #1.
    13) Sand Grain Bazar. - - - And to think I spent all those CP to build a land line there.
    14) Ancado Inner Harbor. - - - This USED to be life support to get to Valencia. What is it now?
    15) Old Wisdon Tree. - - - Oh I CAN'T WAIT to save up Loyalty points to invest in storage here.
    16) Grana. - - - I guess the weird ( ' ) over the letter "a" disqualifies this name for last place.
    17) Duvencrune. - - - For some strange reason, the name just implies "Last" when sorted.

No apologies in advance for any typos.
    Any typos probably improved the means to comprehend the sorting logic; let alone explain the EXCUSE as why we can no longer ship trade packs.

MMoNoob and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. MMoNoob

alphabetical order would be nice also

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Andaro

Ambassador

It is kinda weird there are no boat transports, ....I was going to say Arehaza should be on the list if you could transport by ship, but....I see they are all wagons....and the listing order iz kinda wacky.

I will see what we can do from within the Library to suggest some QoLs and communicate this wackyness

Phoenixxx75 and MMoNoob like this.
  4. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Isnt this the same order as the one we had before?

Also, it feels pretty natural to me as, more or less, is the same order in which we discovered cities when we started playing and progressed through main quest lines.

Not saying you are wrong, just discussing

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Personally I don't care because as with any order, you get used to it over time. However, the full list saves clicks which is really pleasant.

6. Spartakatz

The list is simply not alphabetically sorted that's all. After your point 2 (of 17) you should already have noticed that and don't explain the alphabet in full length ;)

Btw, lots of things aren't sorted. The "News" in Forum comes before "General". And in classes, the W in "Warrior" is not really before "A" like Archer in the alphabet either.

Shocking!

Could it be the order in which those villages came into the game? Just like with the forum class example above? Who knows.

7. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

more like database town id

8. Noixi

More like lazy...

Angar likes this.