1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How great it would be to have a pearl shop UI that doesn't block your entire screen

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:00 PM.

  1. Factorial

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Likes Received:
    2,757
    Browsing through the pearl shop would probably be 1000000 times more delightful if the UI didn't cover your entire screen. When I am doing something non-urgent such as taking a long trip, passing the time with the pearl shop can be rather enjoyable. What I don't like about it the pearl shop is the blocking of elements when this UI comes up. Your entire view of the world ends abruptly. There are no more chat UI frames. Everything gets sucked into a vacuum.

    Design-wise, that's very poor implementation. If you want to promote a shopping venue, accessibility is key. You want to remove all the annoyances that can block your customer from using your shopping outlet. Likewise, it would promote your shop innately, without being immersion-breaking. Now, if there was a window-shopping structural approach to the pearl shop, more people would naturally spend more time on it. As for most things in life, it's just a numbers game.
     
    Sandpit_ likes this.
  2. Phoenixxx75

    Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2019
    Messages:
    3,236
    Likes Received:
    2,868
    Could not care at all about this. If I were to open the pearl shop it would be when I was doing nothing so it is not a problem. You though seem to have too much time on your hands trying to come up with something to create some excitement in your life. It seems to me that you are a frustrated debater and you would be better off joining a debating team to get your fix.
     
    Smileybones, Arkadia and Mimimimi like this.
  3. Sandpit_

    Joined:
    May 10, 2017
    Messages:
    895
    Likes Received:
    792
    OP has a point. 2/3 of the screen is just a picture of you (item preview). This could very easily be redesigned to a much smaller dialog in game.
     
  4. Khruk

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2017
    Messages:
    121
    Likes Received:
    99
    It might be intentional so you aren't distracted while making a real money purchase.
     
    Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Factorial

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Likes Received:
    2,757
    I just love BDO and I do spend a good deal of time on it. Most people play multiple games at a time. I don't. For me, BDO is the only game I allow to take my time. There are lots of observations I have about the game. BDO is honestly an amazing game, full of tons of potential. With observations comes thought.

    As for lots of time, well, that's relative, isn't it? We are all here reading these threads when we could be somewhere else, right? So who has more time? The reader, the writer, or the clicker? Now, that's a very interesting topic in itself. For example, you could conclude that the ratio is 1/3:1/3:1/3 and we have a perfect 1. How would you cut the deck?
     
  6. Phoenixxx75

    Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2019
    Messages:
    3,236
    Likes Received:
    2,868
    Could not care.
     
    Factorial likes this.
  7. Factorial

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Likes Received:
    2,757

    Excellent. Mutually, I hope you also don't care how I spend my time.
     
  8. Phoenixxx75

    Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2019
    Messages:
    3,236
    Likes Received:
    2,868
    No I do not care how you spend your time as I also get enjoyment from the controversies you start. In fact I spend more time in the forums than in the game because this is more engaging.
     
    Factorial likes this.
  9. Factorial

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Messages:
    1,823
    Likes Received:
    2,757
    I think you underestimate the intelligence of most, if not all, BDO players. I am willing to argue that 99% of all BDO players have enough intelligence to not be distracted when spending their money, real or imagined. The other 1%? I left that for errors.
     

Share This Page