1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How greedy can this company get?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Knisheffy, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Naho

The lootboxes are resident sleeper and i will not put my money into it, the skill exp things tho ... c'mon bruh you can get that for free ...

2. zhagsten

In Lineage 2, healers had a toggle to go in nuker mode. It would change the usual buffs and heals with one attack spell and a debuff, and it didn't cost anything. In a game where every skill use cost resources, and sometime expensive ones.

Factorial and Korvgubben like this.
  3. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

After this game dies I will never play another kakao/Pa game again I cant stand how unconsumer friendly this game is there is always a piece of content has an artificial roadblock to create convenience in the cash shop I feel ashamed I paid 100usd for this game when it came out and I hope one day they can at least make more pro consumer content to garner trust from their player base instead of breaking it every turn they get.

VasilisD, Reyer and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Imagine introducing the inconvenience of forcing the customer to spend 40 minutes to skill reset if they desire, but charging them and separating advantage again for another sub to be able to do it on the fly?

Or better yet, what are you even talking about, where can you skill reset/swap for free every 40 min?

Factorial, Phoenixxx75 and XLucaX like this.
  5. Xairen

max exp buff, take a nap, and get a friend or sh1tter to power level you to 56. you can do it yourself but it takes longer; sh1tters will usually take an hour tho so i like using friends since they have good gear and know how to grind efficiently, but ye. not really a lot of work involved kekekekekekekekekkkkkekekekeke

also anyone still giving this company money either has horrible gear like softcap or makes too much irl to give a **** about their spending

Columba likes this.
  6. TeRRoRibleOne

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen unless your countries government gets involved now. There's a reason why multiple countries have either banned or are trying to ban lootboxes. But until that happens corporations like Kakao and Pearl Abyss will push them as much as possible. There's a reason why I don't buy games from EA anymore and that will continue to happen until their predatory behavior is changed. Same goes for Pearl Abyss and their future games, not playing them. I find it amazing that in Korea they have all these laws pertaining to gaming yet not a single one that protects the consumer from acts like they have done.

Factorial, Phoenixxx75 and zeezero like this.
  7. Annonim33

This is ridiculous another loot box? Didn't they learn on gaming community? all lootbox games? LOL I'm out!

Factorial likes this.
  8. Lefteye

Would be a little annoying swapping gear back and forth, but definitely viable.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

...People want to swap like they do in Archage, or similar games based on what content they want to run their char through.

Before there were not enough option to make this desire worthwhile..now there will be, swapping from succession build to previous build could have very dramatic results...and being able to do it on the fly may soon become a requirement to take advantage of certain scenarios.

That sounds expensive, but doable...so the choice is either another sub, invest 2 more years on another char for swapping purposes(possibly a month if you PTW/PTC your way), or go without the paywalled advantage..yet again.

Factorial likes this.
  10. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

if a lootbox worse item is still worth the box, its a good lootbox. the worse u can get is 100 crons, and 990 pearls for 100 crons is a good deal, cause 220 crons usualy cost 3400 pearls.

also u have a chance to win direclty 200$ back and buy another one. on reddit someone got the 20.000 pearl box already.

Andaro and XLucaX like this.
  11. TeRRoRibleOne

He totally forgot about having to buy weight and inventory again.....

Factorial and Kynreaa like this.
  12. Korvgubben

Must be nice being PA's ceo when ppl talk about the value of their unlimited stock merch.

Factorial and MADE like this.
  13. Annonim33

That's not my point haven't they seen gaming market lately? Loot Boxes can potentialy kill a game. My point is they did this again and look at the history of lootboxes it might not just seen as bad as it is but its a start of something. If its only a comestic would've fine but bdo doesn't have that anymore, cosmetic in bdo can turn to cron which u can use again and again if you have money that itself is a bad sign from the very start Kakao said we won't bring the extraction of outfits in this side of the world but they did anyways now they have loot boxes on top of that. Just please understand what I'm trying to say they might add it slow but it is there! For what I'm understanding this game will not die but I will not be a part of a game that slowly turning to something I don't want it to be.

Factorial likes this.
  14. Rinnagans

I know but on my pvp character I don’t have any weight or slot beside the one that give from doing quest. I play ninja but grind with a Musa since it give my hand a break. All the extra is a plus but most people don’t need them, they just want them.

15. MMoNoob

yeah i agree they should just add the skill reset and skill add on to the value pack

16. zeezero

There's no such thing as a good loot box.

17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

[​IMG]

level skill.jpg

Mjollnir, Factorial and zhagsten like this.
  18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Well, to be honost..yes Activision has gone off the rails with its monitization methods as well. Dont their games have lootboxes in there single player games, as well as PTW things mods used to provide for free?

Even people clamored for Wow classic because of out of hand the current game had become. Dont they get lootboxes, and like you said PTW garbage now too?

Factorial and [496]SwordBreaker like this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

ask any lifeskiller that uses energy is it needed or not :D ofc, some grinders swear by it as well. i mean what are we talking about when there are people with 500+ loot scrolls in their inventories walking around. years worth of kamas due to sales etc. noone would spend money on it if it wasnt giving advantage ;)

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

and what if its 20%? sounds like a better carrot?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.