1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I and other sea monster hunters make 1.5bil guild funds a day every day.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlwaysSaltyAF, Jul 26, 2018.

1. AlwaysSaltyAF

*EDIT*

For all those asking what my boat gear is here ya go. [​IMG]

Relatively easy to make +7 blue gear; nothing special and pretty average.

EDIT: The video was showing an exploit <- A @Kakao mod did this.

AlwaysSaltyAF *EDIT* -> A GM edited this OP saying it had an exploit in it. Re-posting so we can all get some clarification as to what the exploit was, since they never told me and now I'm curious cuz they're deleting my video tutorial threads.

@Kakao What is the exploit in all these videos??

Snake streamer streaming himself using a gamepad to kill seamen.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveOddLyrebirdKappaClaus

This is the one that got removed. If you read/watch this can you tell us all what the exploit was?

If it is the 180 flip here is a video of a berserker doing 180 flips with mouse to move on at minute 9:23.

Been able to do that since launch so.. I assume that isn't it. Could use some clarification though @Kakao

BDONavy the one who showed me the boat tricks btw. May want to have a talk with their guild if you think they're doing something they shouldn't be.

@GM BBrilliant @GM Caramel @GM Cory @GM Deve @GM Dew @GM Dresden @GM Gemu @GM Haliaeetus @GM Horizon

Made these videos for my guild to assist them in killing sea monsters. I assume it is going to get leaked therefore I'm leaking it instead of someone else.

Gist of the videos is how to kill sea monsters in 1-2 minutes at beginner 0 sailing.

P.S. Thanks whoever posted this tri ogre just now for me!

[​IMG]

#1 AlwaysSaltyAF, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Zozi

A new noob sailor here, Is it a huge differense between a fully blue +7 frigate and a fully blue +7 epheria sailboat in terms of being efficient?
    Would you say it's worth swapping over if you got the epheria?

3. Atron

Sea monster hunt was nerfed today on Korea .. finally.

4. Andaro

Ambassador

link?

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

It was nerfed in our version as well. If I did read correctly today's patch notes, HP of solo sea monsters has been raised by 50%. Didn't watch Salty's vid so idk if the nerf applies to his method.

Edit: vnm, Salty is talking abut guild funds while solo sea monsters drop personal funds.

6. AlwaysSaltyAF

Be funny if they nerf it after people are pre-ordering epheria sailboats for 2bil each and hundreds, if not thousands, are currently working on their epherias to get into this game play.

Pkmdz likes this.
  7. Atron

upload_2018-7-26_8-3-25.png
    Lets wait for proper translation to see exactly whats what.

But i highly doubt this will stay as it is rn.

Andaro likes this.
  8. iller

No one cares about those Speed bumps. It's all about those full grown Candidum and Rusts

Besides, it's not the MONSTERS or even the Boating mechanics that are the problem. It's the fact that 30 man guilds full of ALT accounts with like no Gear at all who don't even own a Node can do HUGE UNCAPPED payouts in the first place. ... only Conquest Node owners should be able to pay themselves out more than 50 mil ea a week

Atron likes this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

ah that's not too bad really, they go down in one ram, so I'm ok with this...2 rams then lol

10. Prochilles

#10 Prochilles, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  11. Tjaranis

looks very exploited.

isn't the problem more that you can so gain a huge payout in the first place?
    or is it only a problem when low geared players can get something out of it? ;)

just saying the entire system is broken on that point... but its the same with everything in bdo, its a shallow idea they never thought much about or polished in the slightest, so its expected :/

12. Escapism

giving monsters more hp or reducing boat dmg, or boat health, or nerfing droprates ect all isnt gonna do jackshit. Those things will all only be a minor nerf in the end and it would still remain the by far most lucrative and easiest to get into activity.

What would finally end/kill/balance this ridiculous exploit, which cant be called anything else, is just simply reworking the entire naval combat system and solo-fighting with a boat so seamonsters will no longer be killable by a single player but require multiple people, as originally intended.

this right here is the first issue, its already an accepted fact that the sea monsters are divided into "solo" and "group" monsters, when they originally were all designed to be hunted as a guild/group, and not alone, there are just slightly weaker + stronger ones.

make solo hunting sea monsters impossible and rework the entire (btw completely crappy anyway...) naval combat so it actually requires 2+ people for smaller monsters and 5+ people with 2 boats or a galley for the large ones, and then noone should have an issue with it anymore, it would even promote actual guild activities performed with other guild members.

13. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

I don't know for sure if this is supposed to be a troll post... Why shouldn't someone who worked hours for their money get rewarded? Should afk people and lifeskilling also be banned ? And oh yes forgot grinding, it shouldn't also exist right?

EVERYONE, can do it, if you are not happy about it, go do it yourself with your guild and earn the same money the others do.. Always this jealousy...

And by the way let me throw my salt into this; nerf node wars money

14. Escapism

If youre that unhappy about grinding or afk income or about "node wars money", just do it yourself, problem solved. Your entire arguement crushed in 1 sentence.

Except all of these things you mention you're unhappy about are working as intended and as designed, are not abuse-/exploitable by poor boat control mechanics, and are all actually completely fine and balanced in terms of investments/effort vs rewards (excluding sieges, but you spoke about node wars, not siege), seamonsters clearly are not.

15. RengerEl

If you're that unhappy about sea monster hunting, just do it yourself, problem solved. Your entire argument crushed in 1 sentence.

16. Rena

to make that kind of money you have to no life all day...i have frigate whit full+7 blue accessories i know how to hunt them..-.-
    go grind better, usuless all ur guildies nolife all day sea hunting, i'm bored after 2-3 hours tbh

17. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

I guess you misunderstood my sarcasm. What you just wrote is what I meant, and what I wrote (more or less).

And the thing about nodewars; it was just irony, obviously it's fine as it is (except maybe for siege, and there we can argue).

18. Blitzball

They are not really sea monsters , it's hunting monster quest or something like that. Legit sea monsters don't have the tag "young"

19. LucidKill

You do Sea Monsters(boring activity) to get paid and to gear up your guild for node wars(fun activity). It is balanced because anyone can do this.

Pook600 likes this.
  20. AlnilamE

The monsters mentioned in the patch notes that the other poster quoted are the "baby" versions of the sea monsters and are designed to be soloed. They were added about a month or so ago? They give individual loot (which can be processed into guild loot, but can also just be vendored)