1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is Archer ?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Viss_Erale_TTv, Mar 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Viss_Erale_TTv

Hi all !

How is Archer now ?
    Is it an ez class to main ?
    PvP like PvE, his good ?
    I looked some PvP vids and it look realy cool, that CC + shift E "combo" ... ffs, hit like a monster truck Oo,

2. Blitzball

I think @Kauni can help you :)

Viss_Erale_TTv likes this.
  3. Bizmarc89

Its cool

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

It's pretty much same like with all classes. Archer is easy to play and kinda limited later after you mastered it. In 1vs1 it depends on how many mistake your opponent is gonna make, archer is good in punishing mistakes. Large scale archer is a top tier class, you will need a lot of AP tho.

5. Viss_Erale_TTv

Okay,
    Thx for your feedback,
    Compared to a Sorc, how is it ?
    Ez to master ?
    Cause i love both gameplay, but ... when i saw Sorc vs Archer (1v1), Sorc has to use sooooo much more skill than Archer to do something to the opponents,
    And grinding with Archer look more ... Faster than Sorc, maybe i'm totally wrong ?

Sorry for my english,

Stillwaters likes this.
  6. stalas

they nerf sorc super hard in pvp dmg .
    PVE sorc will do around 3k trash hystria archer will do 1.5-2k 269 ap ofc.
    archer dont do back attack cuz its range dmg type = back attack 1 feet distance max.

No mp stam or hp probleme
    alot CC like to much CC
    only 1 iframe roll kd 9 sec cd.

Big dmg flat but low combo dmg.
    I mean best range dps is range kd follow by the nuke. or shift rmb(snipe shot ) in pre-awak but those dont do down attack or back attack so u lack combo range dmg.

U got nice mele combo with back flip cancel luthragon and spear of silvia but noting compare for grab combo from ranger .

VS sorc i feel like they cant reach us sorc only have dream of doom range CC and archer can kite them for ever, my friend is sorc with 271 ap and he just cant reach me.
    Archer can use 5-7 skill take make u move + SA or block + CC to kite but only 1 iframe and those movement skill with CC dont do alot dmg.

Archer feel like weak dmg +CC or protect and then big dmg not and weak dmg + CC and repeat i use 24 skill on my screen because this class use alooottt of skill if u are good .
    There is a screen shot of my ui and they are all skill i use non stop
    2019-03-19_330905783.JPG

Biggest probleme for me is the lack of iframe to avoid grab and how squishy we are even more if u play sorc ... imagine sorc without iframe and archer SA dont reduce dmg.

In conclusion u need alot ap around 265+ to be able to combo ppl with range skill and 253 minimum to kill with mele combo but soft cap feel bad because u just dont alot skill range u can spam its like 2-3 skill if they dont kill the ennemy u are force into mele make u EZ grab target.

But PVE sorc best and close area sorc best.
    Open area sorc are screw and archer are god ... until u find good warrior that rush u grab u 1tap u or invisible ninja ... VS mostly all other class we feel op in fact we can kite and destroy but if they rush and grab we are **** and terrain is a pain

Blitzball likes this.
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Archer is easier than sorc.

Archer is not thaaaaat horrible. I did 2,2 in hystria with 269 nouver but I like aakman on archer more than hystria tbh.

8. Shokionine

So Archer is not horrible at 1v1 / siege NW and PvE ?
    Juste weak against grab classe ( like all classes x) ? )

9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

It's not weak anymore after all the changes but in 1vs1 it doesn't counter any class like some classes do. The fun thing is that it makes the life super hard for everyone who doesn't know how to rotate protected movement on his class.

Shokionine likes this.
  10. Malkontent

Archer is good at 261 reeeaaaally good at 269. You can kill anyone that isnt a 400+ dp meme. But they probably wont even need a cc to kill you. If someone aoes on top of me and my iframe isn't up I'm probably dead. Also if you're being rushed hard you run out of SA really fast and block isnt really an option. Kill or be killed.

11. Malkontent

12. t4mpel

Can't agree with some posts here.

As playing an archer 61 with eva build i having not much trouble in aakman/hystria with 241 AP/300 DP kutum atm.

If you set your blocks and guards in right order you have a 90% protection from dmg all the time. Use knockdown skills in aakman and stun in hystria
    and ure fine thou. You will realize that archer become a close combat class in that case rather a ranged class only(ranged is ofc lo of fun too).

I don't think archer is an easy play class. i would say its moderate. You have to manage block and cancels very good. You need to come close to your enemy to deal the real dmg output of an archer simply cause some skills works only close or deal the most dmg in front of your opponent. That to handle isnt not as easy everytime. I never used lot of acc equip and im fine with my hits.

Apart from that you have the same rules as every class: get catched+ combo'ed = mostly dead. Make sure you use your lot of frontal guard skills and most important thing: dont let your enemy gets behind you. But you have 2 super armor skills to escape quickly then. I needed months to figure out how to get full potenzial of that class. Running around an enemy spamming shots can ofc work but its just a part of a lot more you can do with it.

Ginrei likes this.
  13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Try 3.8k in hysteria.

If you are only doing 1.5k to 2k you are bad.

14. TeRRoRibleOne

it should be nerfed is how it is

15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

In a game where everyone has protected movement, where we have classes with spammable iframes, where we have so many classes with a grab.... what exactly would you nerf on archer?

Stillwaters likes this.
  16. LiquidEmotion

Lol even if you rotate protected skills an archer can break that protection easily. Archers say they have a hard time but honestly you guys top frag in large scale for a reason. You have very good damage scaling, protected ranged attacks and CC's, and flourish amazingly in Group PvP. Not to mention you pull insane money in places like Aakman.

easay9 and defaultnick85 like this.
  17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Yes, archer is top tier in aakman. Yes, archer can kill steal a lot in large scale. Sadly BDO doesn't offer a lot of large scale PvP content and people spend 90% of their time doing something solo.
    For the part with rotating protected skills... if you talk about 1vs1 here, it's usually a player issue and not the class. We can duel with trials chars on EU if you want and you will notice that it's not easy at all to cc someone as an archer :-)

18. Blitzball

The only "OP" Archer protected CC skill is Meteor Dive , because ALL hits can inflict stiffness.

That's not the case for all others CC skills in the game , they reworked it during the big CC/SA balance patch last year : only the first hit can CC.

19. Nabuch

Yes, first hit... that hits. It's not "first hit". It's "one hit". You can check that with any long animation skill. Tendon Cutter before nerf is prime example.