1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is Ranger right now?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Kooi, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Edsana

Oh my god. You just found the right words for a long time player of ranger... :D
    This is so damn true XD

You forgot some information about DP ... even if you have all your armor at PEN you will have the feeling that you wear nothing.
    Always take at least 2 bodyguards with you and pay them enough perls because they have a hard job to carry you.

RIP 'Ranger' he is better at nothing than other classes :'-( Still loving him <3

2. LightsOut

I love ranger but unfortunately there isn't anything good I can say about them at the current state of the game. Definitely the worse class in the game right now. It needs serious changes and it needs them fast. Ranger has never been in a worse position.

alastersan likes this.
  3. Casty

I'm interested in yalls gear, I'm very successful with ranger currently. I dont get how you say we are worse when among the top geared players I think were reviewed as one of the top ??

4. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Overall...the class is meh. At this point, ranger gonna ranger. You become numb to the neglect and nerfs that you just adapt to it all.

#24 Rilok, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. freshniubbo

Do you've "discovered" dear dudes the "next" commercial gimmick of kakao and co? They want now to edit a "new" ranger class... the male ranger class. Isn't clear now? They are pulling our leg just for good and a lot of people are... waiting for the "new" ranger male class. OMFG!!! I don't know who's more dump in this thing, the guys that will buy again and again and again for the same ****ing class or the devs that want to resell same **** again and again...

ps: greedy people always destroy themselves, i already told it... and now its bdo time. History always repeats itself, and people never learn...

Haurion likes this.
  6. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Ranger is in a great place for pvp for both 1v1 and group - You only need to change server whenever you see any class that is tuned higher than your own (ex. ninja, kuno, striker...etc) and geared on your own renown score or higher (ask them before you come out of hiding to fight them) and you will have 95% win rate. :)

7. Boojangles

Who told you that? And when did you hear it? I do not know a single ranger passed 265ap that would agree with that.

Since you asked, im at 253.

8. Varilyn

current pvp meta = roll classes that for some reason can still spam dmg+cc+protection skills aka ninja striker etc, farm those classes that can't and feel good about yourself

9. Tvvin

Which skills does Ninja spam with damage, protection and cc?

10. Varilyn

here we go

11. Tvvin

>Plays ranger actively, knows her kit and prefroms most her difficult bow cancels fluently

>Stated ranger needs buffs

Besides I wanna hear what you to say. Or take your "Here we go" attitudea else where.

12. Varilyn

What I have to say is fighting ninja/kuno now is like fighting a class pre-"balance patches", aka permanently safe during movement and when distance is closed for trades they have the same old cc+protection abilities, and on top of that they keep their iframe jump block. You know what I'm talking about and there is no need to get all technical and butthurt about it.

13. Tvvin

No butt hurt. After seeing how many wrong comments. At least get your facts right man.

ranger keeps her iframe on wind step and evasive explosion shot (with stiffen). You almost literally dodge block jump the exact same way pre balance minus call from sky(iask to be reverted). Block jump doesn't target invincible players.

Also the kneeling animation with block jump is not protected. Infact a lot of our iframes are short and ends with no protection / easily broken through server. People read bdo codex all the time and assume it's fully protected too often.

The only protected cc ninja have is blade spin blade(sa/13seconds) smokescreen (SA/stun/14sec buff ) and a highly unreliable moonlight shuriken(sa/20 ). All pre Awakening. Everything else is unprotected or doesn't cc?

14. Shadizar

So why you are complaining here and not on the Ninja-Forum?! =) ( your class is at the moment really strong ..so whats your problem .. stop trolling on the Ranger-Forum please :/ )

Yes .. there are really some extreme skilled Rangers out there. But if you tested ranger by yourself you would really notice whats wrong with ranger.

Mainprob with Ranger imho: Stamina if you are trying to grind fast / Move fast in PVP
    / PVE Dmg Drop on Spots like Temple/ Manshaun

#34 Shadizar, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  15. Varilyn

LOL NINJAS SOUNDED THE ALARM TO DEFEND THEIR CLASS IN THIS PATCH WHEN LITERALLY EVERY TOP NINJA I KNOW SAYS THEIR CLASS IS BUSTED ROFLMAO I REFUSE TO ARGUE WITH YOU IM OUT OF HERE

Casty likes this.
  16. Tvvin

I correct misinformation about Ninja and say Ranger can use buffs.. and that's trolling? What the legit fk is wrong with forums.

Besides I have more than one favorite character. Shocking right? Normally having one main means you can't learn anymore characters lol

17. Shadizar

Ok - sry i misread one of your comment - and got upset ;) (maybe of some other ppl. that always stated that ranger is op ;/ )
    Trolling was really the wrong word. Its understandable that you are defending your class. Instead of nerfing classes they should buff the other classes...

18. Varilyn

A week ago there was a sorc popping out of nowhere desperately trying to defend his class here, now the ninjas.
    I wonder if they are both classes that do really well in this patch and want to keep how things the way it is now hmmmmm...

19. LightsOut

I didnt follow the whole conversation but... why would you even compare Ninja to Ranger? Ninja is ridiculously strong and outright broken, while Ranger is complete garbage atm.

I used to PvP all day every day and enjoyed the high skill cap Ranger HAD. Every time I killed someone I knew its because I outplayed him in the engage. This is no longer possible. You have nothing to protect yourself with. You have no stamina for a fight longer than 10 seconds. All you can do is be static, hold S to block and preserve stamina and hope to get a grab off when your opponent finally comes to you.

If I kill someone now, its usually because of my 550+ gear score and not because of skill or a good fight. The class doesn't allow for it anymore. You have 10 seconds to kill him (aka 1 grab) or you're out of stamina and cant do ANYTHING. If he resists your grab - you die. (For the non rangers here that keep claiming stamina isnt a problem - unlike all other classes we actually use stamina for almost all of our skills, attack, defence, iframes and movement). And the ones that dont use stamina have a 30 sec cooldown.

#39 LightsOut, Jun 26, 2018
    Luxea and Haurion like this.
  20. sunokelly

its not all about how many iframs or super armor u have. The real strong point of ninja is his animation. The new PVP change makes who Ever have faster animation wins the fight. Plus this games bad optimized visualization. its really hard to see ninjas movement when u turned graphic setting low.

Yes we still keeps our iframs. But it cant cancel other skills animation and 3s cd makes useless as a doge ability when closed range fight. And for EES. Its not worth it to use it bait others cc before fight since 12s cd, and it cant cancel other animation + the end animation is so long. which made it a bad option to get out of a fight or doge ccs.

#40 sunokelly, Jun 26, 2018