1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is your Karma system so reward to greifers....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Veidak(Savasci), Apr 30, 2018.

1. Veidak(Savasci)

Oh it's MY FAULT for choosing a class I like. OOOOH DUDE U MADE IT SO CLEAR!!! Also cuz you're shitty player at PvP and don't wanna duel for spot you can grief. Insane that you don't understand how much of a huge flaw that is. I have to give up my spot cuz ur bad at pvp and can't fight? Rules of the karma stupid are really flawed for the person that is flagging up. There is no reward for me killing you besides wasting 30 seconds to respawn and just to come back. I can't believe the stupidity that I just read

You basically told me you're a karma bomber and greifer depending on the other persons class. Stay bad kid.

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

But he is bitching because the game won't allow him to grief without consequences. It's called karmaciding not karmabombing. They are not taking away your karma. You are choose to flag up to PK much weaker and defenseless players. Now either go to PvP channel or deal with the karma loss.

3. Dreadhood

Alt+C is not PvP, it's PK.
    Also, spot doesn't belong to you, if you find empty place to grind, sweet! But don't expect to be alone forever and don't expect people to simply go away because you were there first.
    You can simply party up, pk them, change channel or leave.

Just don't be entitled to things that don't belong to anyone.

4. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

For all your karma-bomber problems, I have the solution. Please msg "Rilok #7032" via discord to discuss rates. Get back to farming in peace

5. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

No the RNG gear difference is what made PvP in BDO meaningless.

6. Veidak(Savasci)

It isn't a proper response. I don't think you normie casuals get the problem of a PvP game with a karma system like this. WHAT IS THE REWARD OF ME FLAGGING UP AND KILLING SOMEONE? Nothing...you get absolutely NOTHING from it. I get 30 seconds of your time to respawn and come back and do the same crap. Your solution is to "beat them" have you not experience someone who doesn't care and will just keep coming back? I gain nothing from killing them. All I gain is more disadvantages for killing them, waiting 30 seconds for them to come back then repeating it. If you don't see the flaw in that system there is something wrong in your brain.

Also you idiot keep telling me how I can defeat these people/classes. I KNOW THAT ALREADY. It's not about that.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i almost never even disturb another persons rotation and check for available spots (unless some quest shiet that is done in a minute). hell i often even sheath my weapons passing by. if there is griefing done, it is usually done to me.

you chose the class you like, i chose the one i like. just so it happens that your class is advocating rules that are more in favor for them. you seem to be rather pissy when you get challenged for spot via grinding on non pvp channel, huh? :D

Sazter, Arreyanne, stonedboss and 3 others like this.
  8. Veidak(Savasci)

I'm greifing? Huh.....okay someone losing to me and keeps coming back isn't greifing but I am.....okay..What did I expect offical forms to be intelligent about a horrible flawed situation.

9. Seilla

Sure the PRI to PEN enhancing roulette and crappy awakenings made Bdo's PVP/PVE garbage as well. Before that it was good and kinda balanced.

10. Veidak(Savasci)

You have this vendetta against a class when I was 2vs1 against these players. You speaking of a situation of 1v1 that never happened. I'm not advocating rules just to favor 1 class. I'm advocating being able to not be punished into the ground for killing someone multiple times. Thats why losing karma to get 30mins-1hour to keep killing someone would be a great idea to defend against people like this. Again you're being retarded and thinking im pissy cuz I got "challenged". Dude sick that guy challenged me SO HARD by killing my rotation that I've been there for 2 hours. Oh wow what a great player. I need to go Witch/Wizard/DK and CHALLENGE PEOPLE by doing the rotation faster than anyone.

11. Moj92

Moj92 Moj92 Striker 61 EU

Don't get your hopes up here. Its always the same with them. Its almost a shame that columba (or how that Dude called himself) isnt replying here:D Was always fun reading his bs in the forum ;)

12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

did u try playing a witch for instance? u would see very very fast how you feel about polite mystics and strikers that ask you oh so sweetly for duel for spot. it is almost an insult. i mean, honestly, its almost like asking down syndrome kid for a fight. and he is tied up, just for giggles. :D

Eri 4 and stonedboss like this.
  13. Solsi

That wouldn't make a huge difference today though, because people have hundreds or even thousands of Elion's Tears from events and sales. I have enough Tears personally to karmabomb everyday for about +2 years, if I was into that sort of thing.

Back when lvl 55 was soft cap, we had to use our Loyalty or Pearls to avoid death penalties. There was no event freebies or sales selling Tears for 1-5 Pearls each. While most people needed their hard earned Loyalty for EXP scrolls, since that was the only available boost besides food+potion. That's why people where scared of dying to PK.

Only the absolute newest players would be punished by a PK death penalty today. Rest of us could completely bypass it.

Lateral and Fearless V like this.
  14. zenjudit

Hmm, you must be new in MMORPGs. This is an MMORPG game. Its a massively multiplayer(around 500k players at the same time)...there is no such thing as "spot taken". Here is my advice for you, I played MMORPG since 2002 with Ragnarok online launch if you don't include diablo battle net. You have a couple of choices:

1. Share (avoid KS since there is no benefit)
    2. PK (what you did, part of the game, nothing wrong with it)
    3. Leave (getting "on the spot" first doesn't mean anything)

Complain is not part of it. Did the game make a rule that whoever wins a Duel takes the spot? Never read it in terms and agreement or rule. That's why my duel is in auto decline. You can say anything you like but for me, that's the 3 choices I can make.

Eri 4, VerboAcido, Columba and 3 others like this.
  15. Veidak(Savasci)

Hmmm you must be new to reading. If you read what I wrote I talked about how Everquest in 1999 dealt with greifers and punished them. Read again then respond cuz I'm not even reading/responding to what you wrote after I saw that first line.

16. zenjudit

If i missed that part my bad then. Since you are a veteran, I dont see why you are still here with this post. They are different games. I dont think this is everquest. If they did that to everquest than thats okay, if they did not here then thats okay too. You have to learn to adapt to games not let the game adapts to what you want.

Just my 2 cents.

17. Stabby

Anyone else stop reading at "So I was doing crescents for 2 hours and then this Mystic..."?

Sayalusa, Eri 4, Columba and 2 others like this.
  18. Alicia Dominica

Ah, here we have the real issue then: I'm terribly sorry having to break this to you, but BDO is not a PvP game. It's a KR pve grinder with light ow-pvp elements and a bunch of node wars princesses patting themselves on the back once a week. Proper PVPers play proper PvP games with actual PvP progression and ladders, you normie casual.

nefarie, Mistermoff, Sazter and 9 others like this.
  19. jengo_g

jengo_g Wizard 60

this was an amusing read, thank you.

Alexandrious likes this.
  20. Joungf

Change the way you are playing. Use your brain. Stop that caveman behaviour. Stop flagging and killing player. You are not the only player who has the right to grind everywhere you want. The game has rules not by accident. There is a deeper meaning and reason behind the Karma mechanic. Think about it. Just accept the game rules and stop complaining like a little child. You are responsible for all the action you are taken in the game. Killing player is part of it. If you can not bear the disadvantage of your behaviour then this game is not for your way of play style. GTA seems to be more the right one maybe ..... ;-)