1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long till viable in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Sareth, May 11, 2017.

1. Sareth

Hi I just wanted to ask what is needed bare minimum to stand a chance in PvP. Im talking about Red Battlefield here mainly because Im just starting to get into this.

I tried it with my 57 DK, gear below, and I got completly destroyed (that without the Kzarka and instead Duo rosar). I am now just about to hit 58. Do I need to push to 59 first before thinking about PvP? And what further gear improvement is needed to stand the slightest chance?

Gear: http://bdoplanner.com/s/gCEXO0Uc

2. 6footgeeks

For the red battlefield?

Bro

You need to be the 1% to survive there I think.

3. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

If you can get bheg's gloves and muskan's shoes, it will help a lot with your defense and offense, get them to TRI is kind of a requirement most of the time. At 58 you should be able to get a lot done as long as you aren't charging into the nonsense. There are a lot of ringers in RBF, a lot of strong players do go there, but they're hardly the only ones who do. Try to support with your ranged attacks and stay out of the mix, watch your back and you should contribute fine. Just don't get disheartened when someone aces you badly, there are some pretty strong guys out there.

4. Lunafreya

Lunafreya Fleuret Witch 61 EU

200 AP and 250 DP are pretty much mandatory to just stand a chance at PvP. You should also have all boss equipment and late game crystals.

Also, Red Battlefield isn't the best place to feel useful in terms of gear. I have 230 AP and 265 DP and I get oneshotted by pretty much everyone there.

If you want to train PvP, find someone with a gear similar to yours and train in the arena. You will learn a lot more and it will actually be balanced.

5. kamik0z

I play rbf pretty much everyday and this is what ive learned.

Lvl 58 min req for rbf usefullness
    59 or higher is recommended

Gearwise you dont need full boss to be usefull, but minimum TRI armor/weaps
    If not bheg gloves, then you need to have 2 rce or acc offhand.

Lvl 58 with TRI weap/armor and duo acc would be min req.

With acc offhand you should still have 175 min AP and 275 DP.

Just my 2 cents.
    Do remember that around 40% of rbf dudes are lvl 60 and have over 500gs
    You wont touch them !

6. Cyrus Glitch

As others have said, unless you are at LEAST lvl 58 with 190+ AP 300DP I wouldn't bother, RBF is the goto place for 60/61 with 500+GS, you just get destroyed. The "restricted" RBF is the same, only they get around the restrictions by using high level awakening weapons giving them 200 awakening AP and they wipe the floor with all the low DP players that go there.

7. Beirut

nah, that aint true you are fine as long as you have reached the minimum off 170 ap and 200 dp. You might get destroyed but it gives you a better understanding how people fight in groups and where to position yourself. Just do not expect to carry because you are undergeared. You might be able to reach around 20-100 points if you play well.

8. Cyrus Glitch

Don't recommend to people that they go into RBF with those stats, they WILL get melted in seconds.

LeWaffles likes this.
  9. Beirut

True and not true. You will get melted if you don't know how to position yourself or play well. Keep using your envirement and other people as meatshields and you should be fine. I started with these kind of stats when I did rbf.

10. Nyhver

Doing RBF helps with that as you say

Those are definitely low stats compared to most RBFers, though, so you will have more difficulty and your team will be at more of a disadvantage generally. Some classes do better or worse around those gear levels, too.

11. Cyrus Glitch

I would love to see you in RBF with those stats going against the 61 Wizard, 60 Wizard, 60 Musa, 60 Warrior and various other 59/60 classes that were in there tonight, let's see how long your 200 DP lasts you with the help of "positioning".... You will learn more about PvP positioning doing open world PvP at the normal grind spots, it's more likely to be 1v1 or small group PvP, and you are less likely to face concentrated groups of the best geared players in the server who all have above 210AP.

Irrespective of how well you play your class and whatever your perception is of your individual skill, you will simply get melted. Repeatedly, in seconds.

12. Beirut

That's only if there were only lvl 60 and 61 in rbf but that is not the case. You should learn how to choose your target and play in a team. If the number is to high you won't engange unless someone keeps the agro up. Sometimes you do get melted because an assasin is targeting you but besides that everything seems to be working how it suppose to.

Edit: I forgot to add that you will get melted unless you have a really high dp in rbf. Your ap reaches the cap were it matters between 170-200 ap. If someone is grabbed, grounded etc it will hurt them.

13. 6footgeeks

Lest you play witch or wiz. With protective area he'll survive for 8 seconds

Then get melted

14. 6footgeeks

If you're playing a fotm class you will need a gs of 450 to start enjoying rbf

If you're a shitter class, you will enjoy rbf after rerolling to a fotm class and 450 GS on it.

Soulo likes this.
  15. Cyrus Glitch

What are you talking about? Are you even playing the same game? Unless an assassin is targeting you?! Are you serious? Splash damage alone from Wiz damage will melt you let alone being focussed by ANYONE with the usual 200+ AP in RBF. I wouldn't even recommend people to grind in the normal PvE spots with less than 200 DP let alone, jump into a competitive PvP scene vs the most geared players on the server.

It's clear I am wasting my time talking to you, you seem to think you survive with 200DP using "positioning" and what...... people keeping "agro" up? You are either trolling or clueless, either way...pointless continuing the discussion.

16. Beirut

Well it is not up to me how bad you play is it?
    If you know your class well and your combos and know where it is mostly save then you are fine.
    For example your group is in a stalemate so you stay at the sides and look around you. You see someone who wants to go in so you take him out. You won't have to win but keeping the CC up will alarm your team and they will support you bcause theyr hungry savages who only goes for kills (like you) especially the free ones.
    You can also just wait till a berserker goes in takes theyr wizard and hops to you so you can kill it. Eitherway you are not the mainpoint of theyr atttention and you atleast do something.
    You will not be able to solo kill but who cares if you go in and out as a team. In the end it all depends on the points of your team so having insufficient points but helpign your team get those points is the purpose of rbf. In nodewars it is the same case you want to get that CC up so the damage dealers can finish it off, you do not have to outperform yourself because that is not the purpose of the fight it is to destroy theyr base isnt it?

only retarded brag rights people care about theyr kd instead of the win itself. Stop being shellfish and do your job!
    [​IMG]

17. Nyhver

Raise your hand if you've been killed by geared witches & wizards like Pron(?) who will teleport in and either near instantly kill you or drop you to 10% health when your block was at 100%

pepperidge farm remembers this too

18. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

Not sure of the name (the list of people who have killed me in RBF is long and distinguished), but yeah. Blown up by Wizards, skipped like a stone across the floor by DK's, you name it, it's happened.

Though very satisfying when you get the drop on a caster and they crumple. Guess their 8 seconds was up.

19. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I' a valk at currently 198 192 311 and I can reach scores over 300 consistently. Just don't expect to oneshot people and play accordingly.

20. Becareful

3 more years