1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long until bdo goes full f2p?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by aidlac, Oct 7, 2018.

1. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Hello.

How long does everyone think it is until the game goes f2p? Considering this: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1888 [​IMG]

It doesn't feel far away now, considering the direction the game has taken so far, and now this.

My personal bet is about 8-9 months. Anyone else?

2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

It is a f2p game model. WTF are you talking about...The $10 entrance fee is their profit margin for idiots dumb enough to make multiple bot accounts.

3. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

Let’s not forget that sometimes it’s only a $5 entry fee :v

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

I guess the one factor any company fails to realize, is that it takes advertisement in order to be a buy to play game..I mean WTF, when was the last time we saw a good TV advertisement for a MMO?

5. charkus

How long? game is already full p2w lol, you can literally buy your upgrades with $$ except for accesorys, which you can also buy big payouts to make it easier.

And this game will allways be b2p, you will allways need to invest money on it if you want to play it fully.

WoWisBest likes this.
  6. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

NEVER !!!

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

The account fee, and I hope it remains in place, serves as a gating mechanism. Although we have plenty of spam bots lately, I think that is most in part due to the abuse of the Gift Code system

LoganSilver likes this.
  8. Asterotis

WEEEEEEEEEEEEELL... do dead mmos count?

9. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Key word "good".

Kynreaa likes this.
  10. SuddenlyYuffie

Anyone who thinks this game is p2w needs their head examined. Worker army = 3-4 billion a week. For free. 1 month is a preorder on PEN. That's all AFK too. Who cares if you don't get your top tier **** in a week? You're not spending money on a game.

11. Korvgubben

My workers make 30-40b each week and I only feed them gluten free oatmeal.

12. Escapism

Its already free for anyone who informs himself first.

Gifting the game to someone else for the price of 10$ rewards the buyer as well with pearls worth 10$ and more. You can always find someone willing to gift you the game.

Ya... lets assume for a moment just a single thing about this was true. Even with a 20-30b preorder on a PEN boss item, you might still wait 5-6 months until you get it. The MP isnt a place where you just get what you want as long as you have the money, someone else has to sell it first.

13. Life2v

Can u explain ?

14. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

What is the point of F2P ? It is F2P already for 10$ (5$ on discount) you getting amount of ~20$ items, and you need to spend at least 70-100$ for minimal basic needs not including optional "monthly sub"

Forum have no protection against people who don't play game but post on forum.

Fearless V and JM like this.
  15. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

How long until bdo goes full f2p?

Ive been haring this one since the game came out.

16. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Mystic 61 NA

I don’t want the game to have no purchase price. We need some mechanism to stop people from making spam accounts to bot and/or spam world chat.

3-4 billion a week from workers? You grossly overexagerate. I have 84 workers. 82 of them are artisan. They all are humans or goblins. Most of my nodes are optimized with the right work speed worker for the workload of the node. Yes, my worker empire could be better, but it is better than 99% of the playerbase. I make nowhere near 3-4 billion silver a week from workers. I make closer to 3-4 billion a month from workers, processing, and trading (crates and not active). While one could do better than me, i don’t see someone making 3-4 billion a week just from workers. I call BS.

Now if you said 5+ billion a week from SMH or active play, I’d wholeheartedly agree. Silver in BDO is easier than ever to get. But no one is making 3-4 billion a week just from workers.

17. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Don't feed the trolls

18. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

HAHA right, BS!

19. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

Fair enough, but back then it was more of a "I'm too cheap to spend 30-50-90 euro/USD on it" sort of thing, no? :o and ppl who wanted bots to influence market with tons of supply on rare stuff.

20. AllanJr

HAHAHA
    HAHAHAHHA
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH

HA!