1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many players play this game?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fhelalr, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Fhelalr

My guess is 30,000. 1/3 are from Steam and the 2/3 are non-steam users! Now that’s the first question.

The 2nd question is, how many players that are none afk?

2. Error418

2 Days before 30k Players peak from Steam so far :)

3. Mafesio

Either you reading the wrong game charts off steam or you need to go back to school.

Average players: 19.2k +2.39%

If your estimating steam as only being 1/3 (I would imagine it's more like 1/5. But even if it was 1/3 like you say, how can you possibly come up with 30k?

4. LightningFFXIII-4

How many players actively playing this game? Probably less than 10000 on a busy Friday night. More than 75% of the players online are AFK processing/fishing/cooking.

5. Mafesio

Do people really afk 24/7 and not actually play the game? Seems like that would benefit no one but the electric company and computer part manufactureres. I know this day and age people have some form of inherited stupidity, but who would sacrifice their computer and money to afk game they don't play, I don't see it, the world can't have become that dumb.

Plenty of people play on NA/EU who aren't from either place, some EU people play on NA, some NA people play on EU. Different time zones, and if your sleeping or out doing irl things, it would only make sense to afk in game only IF you actually play the game, because it's an effective why to progress in game.

I'm just giving mankind the benefit of the doubt and assume of someone leaves their computer on 24/7, switches out inventory and stuff, Jack's up their electric bill and puts wear and tear on the computer still actively plays the game, because, if not, the world is truly fked.

Mgp likes this.
  6. Escapism

"active & regular players" as in "play active atleast a couple hours per week" not counting 24/7 afkers, i would say a couple thousands max for both na + eu together.

But people who afk 95% of the time and still do atleast the minimal worker-management & feeding, emptying inventories, collecting login/event rewards ect. are still somewhat "active" players. Its the game's fault for endorsing that type of gameplay, not the player's faults for chosing that path, especially when all other paths just usually end up in pure frustration.

Redarion likes this.
  7. Irijia

It benefits PA the most because they get to report to shareholders that oodles of people are "playing" their game. Hence, why the game is geared towards passive gameplay to progress, especially if you pick up a life skill like horse training which requires you to leave your game running for close to a week to level a team of T7 or higher horses to level 30. Unfortunately, you have to do a lot of AFK if you want the silver to spin the roulette to enhance (blow up) your gear to advance or put in a ludicrously high pre-order to spare yourself the pain of enhancement.

As for complaining that people must be dumb for leaving their PC on for 24/7 to play this game, are you implying that only stupid people would play Black Desert? :)

Egg Shen likes this.
  8. ambyentlight

I would say about 50k would have been about 80k at the beginning of this year.

9. Mafesio

No, I'm not saying people that play BDO are stupid, I said specifically it's an effective way to progress while doing other things.

I'm calling stupid the people that claim that they don't play the game, just afked 24/7. If you don't play the game or dislike it, then yes they are stupid for burning up their stuff and electricity for game they don't play.

It's often said no one plays actively, everyone is afk, but then if that were true, then those people that are supposedly not actively playing but keep their computer logged in BDO 24/7 to afk process or fish or whatever are the stupid I am referring too (I don't really believe someone who's afk while they are not playing do so because they don't actively play, but there could be a few damaged individuals that have fished for 2 years and that it.).

crawlord likes this.
  10. Beeso

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...Nice try at back peddling..but nope.

Your position was that anyone whom primarily utilized the AFK portion of this game to progress were stupid. You were called out when in fact BDO is mostly an AFK grinding game, and that anyone whom plays it must be stupid...even if that means, yes people AFK 24/7 to gain event items.

Don't back peddle..just stick to your guns and acknowledge that in your definition, you too are stupid for playing BDO..now if you want to change that go ahead and quit anytime.

Otherwise, just admit your initial comment was stupid, and you assumed out of nowhere people progress by a economy changing amount, just leaving their CPU on afk in BDO 24/7.

Egg Shen likes this.
  12. Irijia

People make that statement about only playing the game AFK in a self-deprecating sort of way because it's such an integral part to progress anywhere in BDO. Going back to my prior example of horse training (I bring it up because it is ultimately what drove me away from this game), you have no choice but to leave your computer on because of the requirements to level up. However, PA actually made it worse with the introduction of T9 horses because you have to get a T8 courser to attempt it. Without going into the layers of RNG involved in getting that courser, you either have to spend real cash to make it happen or leave your PC on permanently. You cannot actively play BDO and try to get a T8 courser naturally unless you have the luck of a millionaire jackpot winner. This is just one example of where the AFK system drives people.

TLDR People like the game and leave their PCs on in hopes that things will turn around but the game doesn't necessarily like them back.

#12 Irijia, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    crawlord likes this.
  13. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

20k afk, 5k gankers and griefers, 5k trying to log in to hack more. Thats about right.

Smilence likes this.
  14. LightningFFXIII-4

It's a great tactic by Kakao, by keeping the players online, 95% of the time when the player goes UN-AFK, he will resume playing BDO, which prevents him from ever leaving BDO. And yes most of the ppl who play this have some form of "inherited stupidity" lol because they're being conditioned to keep playing BDO as much as they can to achieve a goal that most of the playerbase will never achieve. And that is to reach endgame/pvp viable status (570+ GS).

Other reasons to keep playing BDO, Daily login rewards, Hourly rewards, Guild rewards, Dailies, EXP Buffs, Weekend EXP Buffs, World Bosses, Tax Cart, Weekend World Bosses, BDO Forums.

To break free of this curse, ppl blowup their gear on purpose so they wont ever go back to this game.

https://gfycat.com/FalseEcstaticCranefly

#14 LightningFFXIII-4, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Irijia likes this.
  15. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

you get it! Gamer - chase - Virtual carrot <<<<

some see the charade some do not.