1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How not Allowing Trading as worked...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zelulose, Jun 16, 2020.

?

Would you like to trade or not to trade in BDO?

1. Trade items once before account bound

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No change

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Zelulose

As a player and a game dev myself, I have been observing how BDO trading bans and expensive market place 30% fees have affected the game. I will simply list the issues a ban of trading causes.

1) Items are never listed. When this happens a game feels empty and dead despite it growing in player count. Many potential players leave because the market is empty and they have all this silver they can do nothing useful with.
    2) You eliminate the trading dynamics. You cannot buy and sell items for profit. Perhaps the best trading dynamics I have seen was on Albion online where you could flip markets by running items to cities on a dangerous trail risking getting pked/losing stuff for profit. In this game trading is completely dead and it basically forces #3

3) Isolated item progression. Without Items on the market, a ban on trading leads to a player isolation phenomenon. Normally, players can work together and have fun playing together but now... players feel they cannot work together to trade items. Making friends is less incentive and as a result... everyone plays by them-self. Grinds by them-self. And only teams up with players when they Have to for a big boss.

4) This feed forward cycle of no trading>empty markets>more solo> less parties lead to a feeling of an empty world. People chat in the public chat but you never see them. Everyone is basically doing their own thing and it is most effective to solo rather then share xp and drops. It is more effective to afk farm then spend time in the game. This leads to the game feeling empty. A ghost town
    5) No trading>empty markets>more solo> less parties>empty feeling (but lots of players) > Loss of players
    Yes the final step is the game begins to die. The premise is the game feels dead and empty so players leave because they think they are playing a dead/dying game. In reality the game was not dying... But now it is starting to die. The market becomes more empty and the game feels even more dead as everything is harder to obtain but must be obtained solo. This is a feed forward reaction of

-->no trading/items never listed>empty markets>more solo> less parties>empty (dying game) feeling (but lots of players) > Loss of players (actually dying game)>repeat>
    items never listed>empty markets>more solo> less parties>empty (dying game) feeling (but lots of players)> Loss of players (actually dying game)>repeat>
    items never listed>empty markets>more solo> less parties>empty (dying game) feeling (but lots of players)> Loss of players (actually dying game)>repeat

Find a way to allow players to trade items even if it is only once before they become account bound. Otherwise one of the best games ever created will never see its full player base potential. If the issue is money. Just think of all the money and increased player base would give the company.

2. AlnilamE

What items are you not finding on the market?

Zelulose likes this.
  3. Zelulose

Too many to count. They lack good items gems and weapons and armor at all enhancement levels. Sometimes you cannot even buy items without enhancements. The penalization for listing Items on the market place in trading fees discourages swapping weapons which limits the number of items on the market as people hoard weapons and items. Even worse, it makes it hard for players with bad luck to get good gear. Even if a player does get lucky and gets a 200 mill item + it may not be for his class and selling it will give silver without options to buy. He basically would have to downgrade to a weaker weapon that does not fit his playstyle. Players cannot even get top quality honey or raw honey right now... Once a player realizes they can be the richest player in the game and still not be able to buy anything because noone is listing items on a dead market... They quit or wait until they are given a bonus for returning to the game to upgrade their sucky gear so they can actually farm for decent silver/items then when they reach a limit they quit again. Why play an RPG game if you cannot make your character stronger without working more then your real life job. It was fun early on because they saw fast improvement and had something to look forward to. Once a player hits a road block such as the market place... they won't even hit endgame before quitting. Money is essentially worthless once you can afford the most expensive things offered in the market place because noone is selling the most expensive things.

Example: I try to buy a pen gartner belt just to test a max hp build it offers 200 hp for fun to reach a new hp record... Noone sells me one for a week still have not bought one. So I try to enhance one myself... Not enough belts without enhancements to do so... So I have to grind a whole hoard of them robotic-ally in bulk then enhance them all my self just to get one belt to test something out. Then you think about it... you have to do that process for all your gear because you cannot buy things from the marketplace. To make it worse I only wanted to test something out but this process becomes essential to basically solo playing where you ignore players around you and ignore team work and solo grind solo enhance and solo obtain items. They might as well delete the market place since it is so unfair to players as a first come first serve market place if they won't fix it or allow trading.

#3 Zelulose, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  4. Sevyrn

I completely disagree with this
    You can buy all the gear you want from the marketplace and you can get IV or V easily, as they sit constantly. Your gartner belt example is niche and dumb, if you really cant get any from the market you can get them easily from the accessory boxes purchasable for like 60k from most blacksmiths. Not to mention Gartner belt for HP, is this 2016 bdo? Look at orkinrad/valtarra/centaur belts.

Mimimimi likes this.
  5. Zelulose

If you like playing a game where most pvp events have no player participation because the player base is so unfairly geared or simply not large enough... so bit it... But what I see in game is not ok. The gear inequality in the game is directly correlated to marketplace issues. Higher level players can even troll newer players right now buy putting large orders on quest items so they cannot complete a quest as quickly. Just look at the orders for top quality cooking honey needed to complete the fairy quest. Just more proof the market is not working as intended it is stagnant and manipulated to hell by trolls. EDIT: New season out and it is even harder to buy items from the marketplace now...
    upload_2020-6-16_2-16-20.png

#5 Zelulose, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020