1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how the **** do i dodge????

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Gintoki ᠌, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Gintoki ᠌

Im so tilted atm lol

so ive started my first rift. a rednose on normal. maybe a bit too high for me but i wanted to test it out.
    before that i never had to dodge. if something got close i healed or ran away.

my class is lahn and ive been told that while rolling you are immune. but when i roll i get 360noscoped.

the bosses attacks are sometimes so fast its not even possible to dodge. i guess you have to predict his attacks but with that delay between pressing shift+a/d or aa/dd and the actual roll finally happening its impossible. but even if i succeed i still get hit while doing the roll. i also had some blue armor appear with a number on it going down. guess thats block or something? how do i do that?

oh another thing: i keep getting 50 damage every 40 seconds or smth like that while doing the boss but i cant find out why. there are some low level mobs running around but there is no way that some lv10 goblinbowguy would be able do to this damage to a lv56 char right? i once decided to just kill them but they either respawn too fast or i get the damage from somewhere else

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

bosses ignore mechanics. only developers know why.

Aunshi likes this.
  3. BraveHeart

Use hit and run tactic against the rift bosses, works for me as a sorceress. And that you keep losing health is an extra damage effect of the boss, it lasts 10 seconds or something like that. Just have enough potions with you to deal with it.

Solitaire and Fateneko like this.
  4. ghoulz666

Not all classes are created equal for rift bosses. Some have too lengthy of attacks to easily hit and dodge without being punished.

Since FG is utterly useless and if you lack a number of SA, not much you can do. It becomes a matter of having the DP to facetank em to death before they kill you.

5. Aiwen

Kite away works. Also if things look bad you can run out of range and heal up. Hp of the boss doesnt reset.

Solitaire likes this.
  6. woots

design regarding CC / CC resist & so in this game are just totaly bad and bad, oh and pretty badly made though and released.

when it come to visual ( clear animation / anticipation time / visual representation ) also mechanic : no decent way to evade once CC.

It was fine at the time where awakening had 50 SA / FG per skill because you would by passing that wrongly managed mechanic, but now that thoses guys thought it would be "interesting" to deal with that... well... yeah.

In 4+ years PA still didnt learned they need proper gamedesigner

So, you dont "dodge" you just get rekt by stupidly managed mechanic, or just use pot like a mad man if you dont die first

7. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

Lock the roll skill, use the evasion skill. Same input, different skill.

8. Sandpit_

Rift Bosses ignore iframes

9. Minto

People wanted more challenge so they introduce theses bugged boss with crap hitbox, stupid rng damages, cc on all skills and hits + ignore combat system.

When you fight riftboss you can see how this game is coded with ass and this is intended ofc.

VasilisD likes this.
  10. Gotdayum

Rift bosses are frustrating especially the tree rift boss.... That dayum thing does cancel attacks and hits you like 5 times while you are stun locked!!! I just couldnt understand it. Also, dont let it throw a boulder ...that has aggressive tracking on it and you can't dodge that shyt sometimes!!!

11. Lefteye

Tree: “Heat-seeking boulder, activate!”

Solitaire likes this.
  12. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

Um... are we actually discussing that Rift Bosses are too hard? TF?

OP, sounds like you've just started doing these or are a new player. You haven't learned the boss' trade patterns yet. In time, you'll learn what to watch out for, IE: Giath, Bheg, or Dim Tree flashing in a red color before a big attack. Red Nose animation before he goes for his Belly Flop attack. Etc. Iframes indeed work against Rift Bosses, as do Front Guards. Certain Super Armors will break due to certain attacks if you take enough damage by them while in Super Armor. I play Sorc and when using Awakening stance, Sorc's active block works as intended - it blocks all forward damage until the block breaks (affected by your DP). Sorc's FG's in Succession works too (Violation, Crow Flare, Dark Flame), I know this because of the indicator that shows up when you successfully block attacks. Sorc's Awakening Super Armor move called Cartian's Nightmare can sometimes have the Super Armor broken, but mostly works - can't get CC'd.

IDK this thread. Just practice more, learn the boss' attacks, your character's ideal combos, some "secret" combos and get better gear.

No way this many people can be THIS mechanically inept. Not like you lose anything anyway if you die. Just respawn and pick up where you left off. GG EZ.

EDIT: PS - I think Lahn's "dodge" (iframe) is Shift+W

13. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 62 NA

Yeah, and Tree lets you know this way ahead of time by flashing red and going into a "digging" animation. Which SHOULD tell you "Watch out, I'm going to hit VERY hard, so get away" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Assimilation

The blue shield you're talking about is called "Forward Guard" as a Lahn you don't have a lot of it. Your base skill "Sacred Dance" has it while charging, White Heron and Spring Breeze Also have it. Main take away combined with the above information is that both in base and post awaken you have access to it freely by simply holding down S, or your backwards key. It's called "S block" which allows you to access your "Forward Guard". I would rely on it too much as you should just be using "Phantom Dance" to dodge. If you don't already have capped A.speed I would do that.

I don't know about base Lahn but awaken Lahn only as time for about 1-2 skills 3 if you wanna play dice. The griffon is the exception to that though. Also remember to keep the 15% + A.speed buff from "Flailing Blades" up. It helps.

15. levinano

It's like half of the people replying saying bosses ignore game mechanics has never PvEed in their lives.... They don't have PvP mechanics, they have mechanics unique to PvE and you just have to learn it.

PvE in BDO is different from PvP. "Power Attacks" from Bosses ignore all protections besides iframes. In addition to that, certain boss attacks also have delayed hit boxes (completely dev's fault). Kutum's vacuum, Nouver's tail sweep for example have delayed hits that happen after the animation. Some of this is just bad programming while some are the internet limitations of an online game.

Forward Guards are the most reliable but even still some boss attacks still ignore FGs (most of Kzarka's attacks ignore FG and Resistances so you'll get a knockback as opposed to a knockdown if you get hit by it using Warrior Q block). Also you have to know that FGs that travel forwards are susceptible to have hits hit pass the "guard." Ninja Awakening Vacuum Slash for example inches the character forwards as the animation happens so hits technically go past the guard and hit you instead 9/10 times.

You also have to know which attacks from bosses are "Power Attacks." Gehaku's shadow throw for example is one and cannot be blocked or SAed and must be dodged, but he throws it in a clockwise pattern so it's super easy to dodge. Bheg's 360 flail swing spam is another. Puturum's 360 lighting AoE is by far the most OP, least telegraphed and does a ton of damage in addition to it being a Knockdown and by definition of a Power Attack cannot be FGed or SAed. In contrast Griffon is extremely fast but every one of his attacks can be blocked or SAed (but you're find it hard getting back attacks and long combo chains off on him).

In short, OP, don't worry if you can't beat the bosses in a few tries, they aren't meant to be easy and each have their own mechanics, you also can't fight each one just like the other, let alone other braindead mobs in the game. Players who don't know their own skill protections (whether the skill has a Forward Guard, Super Armor, or iframe) or know the boss mechanics will find them extremely difficult to deal with. I agree that some of the hits are bugged but all of which are predictably bugged if that makes sense (there's a rhyme and reason to them).

RedixArt likes this.
  16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Do not understand your problem with the tree, as this is one of a few bosses, that you can even use block/FG against most of his normal attacks. Some other bosses ignore your mechanics on pretty much every single even basic hit they do.
    I mean im fine with attacks that have some kind of hint and reaction window to ignore mechanics (like Bheg 360 swing). But some of those riftbosses just ignore everything you have on pretty much every attack. And there is no way to dodge the oncoming bombardment of basicattacks with little to no hint of them coming. Unless ofc you just step back and for example wait for muskan to do his "selfstunning" jump before even doing anything. But that honestly can not be called gameplay anymore.

17. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

You are lagging this is why u get hit. High ping u cançt dodge mobs. Change to kama kama channels.

18. Gintoki ᠌

yeah i was pretty new and the first boss was kinda buggy/laggy. the other ones were easier and this one isnt a problem anymore either. didnt even read the discussion after i realised that other bosses didnt seem to be that weird.

thought so too but my ping was fine and everything else worked properly.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  19. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Disable firewall then.

20. levinano

Please just read my post earlier about delayed monster mechanics and delayed attacks...