1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved How to access main site with Steam account?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NoConAutokickOn, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NoConAutokickOn

I don't get the answer here.
    Is there is no way to use your BDO-account (created through Steam) on the main website (for communication with support, for example)?
    Maybe we (Steam-users) should write our tickets in Steam only?..

I don't remember any slots for password during registration "BDO-account in Steam" so IDK the password to login on the main website right now and also I can't create account because of "Email already exists."-message.
    When I'm trying to reset password - there are no mails in my Gmail (already 24 hours past after the first try).

Now I logged here through Steam - I choosed the option "create new account for forum" and I was able to use my E-mail, connected with my BDO-account (Thought I would be unable to use it, but...I can, lol).
    But still I don't have any password to login on the main website with this "Forum-account created with Steam" (just wanna to view my created ticket in Support - not sure that there would be any alerts for me on Gmail even if Support will reply me)

#1 NoConAutokickOn, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. NoConAutokickOn

As I can see in Black Desert Online Steam FAQ:
    "Do I still need a Black Desert Online website account if I buy the game on Steam?

Yes, the one-time Black Desert Online account registration step during the initial game start process creates a Black Desert Online account. This account can be used to login to BlackDesertOnline.com to access ‘My Account’ page, Help Desk, and Forums."

But...how can we login with it if we don't know our password?.. Again with Steam-login somehow?

3. NoConAutokickOn

Finally I have got an Email from Support!
    So, Steam users are able to:
    - send a ticket to Support by using their Email (connected to the BDO account) and information about account such as name of the character;
    - add comments or additional info directly from their mail;
    - replies from Support will coming to their Emails also.

p.s. "Tested" with Gmail
    p.s.p.s. I think there is no more need to get the access to the main website so maybe we should close that thread?

4. TQuin

I had someone in support tell me that Steam users can login through the website to access the guest pass feature. I've sent a response back asking them to clarify.

5. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

Hey @NoConAutokickOn. Thanks for getting onto us regarding this. Great to read that everything is sorted for you.

In regards to @TQuin, only web account users can receive guest passes. Steam users can only have game passes on their accounts. Hope this helps! :)

6. ZagoOo

That sucks cuz i win giveaway on twitch tv and can not use any code

#6 ZagoOo, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    TQuin likes this.
  7. TQuin

Yeah. Makes me sad.