1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Balance AP scaling

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Muhaha, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

So, they removed the +20ap from being 470+ RS, and they removed the DR you get from having higher renown score.

There is still the AP tiers giving the AP Bonus, and the DP tiers giving DR%.

2. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 60 NA

Like myself and others have said in the past. They will not remove their gear advantages from Whales and 2 or 3 year Vets. Instead they will ship it to us in different favors. In the hopes we don't see whats actually going on.

The sad part about it is. That most of the community was completely fooled by this PR stunt.

Desibabez94 likes this.
  3. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

they removed the extra dr you get from building any piece of gear, this made building pure ap viable because ap would boost your RS and then give you RS DR, some people had an extra 80 damage reduction with a pure ap build, now if you want extra DR you have to build ..DR, as it should be

4. Desibabez94

Well that’s sort of half assed and shitty IMO.... I feel like it all needs to get deleted tbh.

Muhaha likes this.
  5. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

agreed, seems like it was pretty half assed, but i still feel the extra bonus ap and such should be a thing, but does need to be more balanced.
    Whether you build AP or DP, getting past that soft cap point is super cancerous. Hell, its bad enough getting full TET boss gear, TRI gold/TET blue accessories. It should feel rewarding, again it'd be complete bs if someone spent a year trying to get TET Ogre, and the extra 5AP was useless/unnoticeable.

Desibabez94 and Tvvin like this.
  6. 2Cents

No bonus and simply using the sheet AP/DP would be the easiest and best solution.

Vunak likes this.
  7. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 60 NA

Not really they should have totally just added new enhancement tiers instead. Instead of just flat out giving you guys free overwhelmingly overpowered welfare stats. For no extra effort other than already having the gear. This is completely unbalanced and no other decent MMORPG dev team does stuff like this.

This was clearly a P2W whale bait tactic. With absolutely no type of thought of balancing behind it. Just a purely financial business decision. One that completely rule out all non whales, and players who just got super unlucky account luck modifiers. (Me can't even enhance green gear to TRI with having 4 alts with over 45 FS. Untill I just pre ordered it from marketplace.) From doing decent PvP and upper tiered PvP. Thus other of most of the MMOs to include PvE oriented MMOs on the market. BDO hosts much higher and competitive PvP activity than BDO by many folds. More so for a MMO that was supposed to be designed around. Which is also a lie.

BDO was and is a MMO that's completely built around it's cash shop. Nothing more and nothing less. Pretty much the system only rewards mass pearl shop spenders. And a few players who are given nice luck modifiers on their accounts. The current system does not rewards hard work or effort. Actually it spits on those two things, and makes you actually regress in progress. Until you become a mass spender. Anybody who says otherwise. Is just RNG luck modifier carried, which is completely outside the norm.

So again I truly believe that players, should have been forced to risk even more, for those higher stats. Instead of getting them for no extra effort at all. But meh I guess that's what Western MMOs are for. I guess that's why you'll see {I dare say} more than 75% of the online BDO's population to include myself. Nearly perma- simi AFK or full on AFK Lifeskilling, and leveling in towns and safe areas. While playing other MMOs or titles.

8. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

1:"they should have totally just added new enhancement tiers instead" i can agree to a point, they should put in HEX and remove caphras from PEN. Or reduce the amount of sheet ap/dp you gain from caphras at pen.

2: if you can build tet stacks with green gear, build as many as you can, will help later on with gear/tri gold accessories.

3: "The current system does not reward hard work or effort." lul....... wut?? how?? i've already explained how it does reward hard work/effort with the tet ogre example. It may feel like it only rewards soft cap+, but they either busted their ass for those enhancements, or paid for a CHANCE at them. And my suggestion is to balance it out for both ap and dp, so we can hopefully get a base to do overall balance on that'd feel rewarding for all. Current system also limits you on how you can build because of the tier bs.

4: "risk even more, for those higher stats. Instead of getting them for no extra effort at all." heres some links https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...0_of_paytowin_thanks_for_funding_our_servers/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...ow_much_it_will_actually_cost_you_if_you_p2w/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/8m5joe/djules_hits_pen_on_348fs/
    Its not for 'no extra effort at all', and even if they did pay for a CHANCE, you act like they got the money for free. Like they didn't have to work for it. Maybe theres some rich ***** kid out there, getting his rich daddy to pay for everything, but i doubt theres many, let alone ones dropping a **** ton of cash on trying to 'win'.

So basically what you're saying is since you have trouble enhancing, everyone else should get shafted? And you want your future enhancements to feel like you didn't even get the upgrade? I haven't p2w, haven't been rng carried, had to actually bust ass for everything I got. My highest stack, 2019-01-02_61193580.PNG , most of it is from rage enchanting trying to get TET. If you're complaining about tri green gear, then just wait for tet boss, tri/tet accessories, and getting past soft cap. Then we'll talk why 3ap should be more than 3 basic ***** ap.