1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to disable PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Miraxx, Aug 18, 2018.

1. IWalkAlone

Tell me a MMO that when you start to play 3 years later and you get top level char with top equipment ?MMO doesnt work that way, but you just cant face it.

2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

No, go play wow on PVE only servers....

3. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

No it simple examples like ESO, GW2, and even Eve Online along with others. That shows how much you know about the genre, very little if that.

BDO style MMOs take about 3 years to end up with major declines in population. This is nothing new even though I hoped BDO would be different. It just turned out of follow the road the rest of Korean MMOs went down.

Nothing at all special here. Newplayers and ex players will not stay. Which is a easy issue to solve. But the devs. and pub. wanted to go down to Quick cash and leave. The signs are all over the NA/EU version of this game.

Again you have to be very new to the genre to say BDO style games are healthy. Not a single one ever becomes a flagship. They just get recycle into a MMO with a different name.

So far western devs and pubs. are the only ones. Who know how to make flagship titles. Also only western devs. and pubs. are the only ones who know how keep game populations healthy and active. That is too much work and risk for a Korean dev. and pub. to deal with. So Korean MMO can only keep healthy population for 2 years. BDO is nothing special. Take away the afk activities and BDO would be barren like BnS, Tera, PW, and others.

TL/DR To conclude, BDO was never anything more, than another lazy cash grab, and go by the Koreans. They don't even bother dealing with the NA and EU playerbase. They simply could not care less as the majority of eastern devs. Newplayer retention is the last thought on their minds. This is why the spam game across different location.

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Soon NA/EU player base will wise up. And not be bothered by Korean titles. They are pretty much all the same. Spam game across the world. With very little care or support for it's player base.

5. IWalkAlone

You realy dont read at all what I wrote.You just want to post the things you have in your head...
    And from that statement clearly you know nothing about MMO genre.Playing few years WOW dont geves you knowledge.

#65 IWalkAlone, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  6. Tvvin

7. hey I know your Problem, I m such a Player that kills you if you are on the spot so I give you now some Tipps:

1. if you go on a spot and see someone just say HI oder Hello, or anything nice, be friendly, I m always very shocked if People actually interact with me so I will not atack you then because you are Kind and nice :-D
    2. If you run on a spot and greet me with a Kind f...you then usually you will get wiped off the Screen but almost everyone
    3. ask for duel for spot if you want to take over the spot, or ask how Long the Person will stay or ask for a Party, I even invite People to Party because this is such a rare Event that someone actually wants to Play with someone else in this game that this is like Chrismas and easter together.

so far so good, you can not deactivate pvp at all in this game, you can also not Report for harrassment, the People get punished by -Karma, if they kill to they get red, red is not good :-D

it is about how you interact with the others how they will deal with you, and if there is someone that really just is there to troll you swap channel he will never find you,

Bonus tipp:

4. dont get mad and start to Harass your Opponent with bad language because this can be reported

Kind Regards

8. Jollywand

here a solution change game go wow

9. Miraxx

thanks! I appreciate another point of view, Ill try asking if people want to party more, u get more xp that way anyways I believe. lol

10. 1 Player 100%
    2 Player 75%
    3 Player 50%
    4 Player stays 50%
    5 Player stays 50%

that was the rule of Group EXP Long time ago I have no idea if this changed ;-)

but in a Group:
    Overall I would say
    1. greefing is reduced
    2. pvp is redurced

so you get less XP per Monster, but you should kill more at a time -> XP stays same or gets even more and if you are 3 in a grp you can add in the rest 2 ppl as well because xp per mob stays same (that was my last knowledge)

11. Savar

PvP... Am I against it? No, do not mind. But for an honest fight. A beautiful, tough duel.
    What happens in the game? My characters were killed three times. All three times attacked unexpectedly and from the back. All three times, the moment I went through the storyline. Am I really angry? Hmm... I think it's more annoying when your character carries a sheep, performing the task, and at that time another "cowardly sheep", with pumping much stronger than your character, attacks from behind and kills. Am I angry with them? As said above, annoying. And to be angry with those who are so low in heart and cowardly that even in a virtual world they are afraid to challenge, but beats in the back... Well, you know. Degradation of the flawed soul. They are not easy in real life either ...
    Then the question is - who should be angry with? The answer is very simple. The creators of the game. They create a storyline that you have to go through and yet, when you do the job, it does not protect you, giving you a chance to prove yourself to these "cowardly sheep." But it's not difficult to do - challenge to a duel and restrictions on levels. To 76 did not fight with 51, and even hit in the back. And so that everyone can climb the levels, fully enjoying the capabilities of the character. And the manufacturer, betting on the "cowardly sheep," loses more adult contingent, which ceases to be interesting, with this state of affairs in this game.

12. fenzz

i honestly don't understand what you people expect. the game was designed this way. not only that. back in the day in 2016 when the game was arguably "at its best state". the situation was alot worse, there were less karma penalties for PKing and people that got PKed actually lost EXP.

the game was also advertise that way... it just blows my mind every time people whine about pvp in a pvp game.

and mind you. pvp was never fair. and never will be. its the illusion casual games like WoW and GW2 with their instanced arena pvp made you believe. there is a good reason no body cares about pvp in these games anymore.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  13. Savar

Dear, I do not cry, but express my opinion. Or is it forbidden? Can we just say that everything is fine? If you do not know that from time immemorial there are different views on these or other things. And people came to the idea that you can share your opinion. Or is it the same part of the world in which it is forbidden to express everything that you think about this?

14. fenzz

Your opinion has been expressed by who knows how many other people in how many other threads.
    all have been given the same answer.
    game was designed that way. apparently a lot of people get their feeling hurt when other players kill them, which drives them to then go and rage at the forum on how the game, and the world is unfair. and everybody is out to get them and be mean to them on purpose. which they are entitled to, i guess..
    but it doesn't entitle them to demand the game to be change to their standards.. because they knew what they were getting themselves into when they got into it. or at least they should have known.

If you insist of raising important issues, there are enough that actually require intimidate attention that we can complain about. this is definitely not one of them..

15. Jupto

Just stop playing that character and make a new and on that one stay Under level 50! Just level untill 48/49.

That is the only way not to entertain griefers. It's your account and your here to entertain yourself and not everyone else, so if you dont like to be forced with PvP, then do it that way.

16. Shenmue

lol well said!

17. arcturus

I would suggest like me to sign up to ashes of creation I'm playing on alpha and they cater for all preferences .
    And the CEO and devs actually play online with you and take on board and implement ideas e.g. someone suggested can you incorporate a fortnite type of mode which they programmed in 5 days and it's great fun , are you listening PA .
    If you want pve or PvP or lifeskilling you choose . YouTube it and make your own mind up .