1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response How to do Terrmian Jumping Puzzle

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Belle Atwell, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Belle Atwell

This is guide for the Jumping Puzzle in the Terrmian Waterpark.

Please know, this is not the easiest way to do the puzzle, but it is consistently successful up to a point. I will explain that point later.

Part I
    1. Make a Tamer
    2. Acquire the Skill "Legendary Beast's Power"
    3. Acquire the Skill "Flow: Leap"

Part II
    1. Go to the start of the Jumping Puzzle.
    2. Use Flow: Leap for all platforms from Tower 1 to Tower 3.
    3. Use Flow: Leap from Tower 3, platforms 1 through 6.
    - at platform 6 use Legendary Beast's Power.
    - platform 7 is further away than the other platforms.
    4. Use Flow: Leap from platform 7 to Tower 4.
    5. Use Flow: Leap to reach the FIRST platform after Tower 4.
    6. Use Legendary Beast's Power until the second to last platform HEADING to Tower 5.
    NOTE!! ...Stand at the front edge, BEFORE, your character starts to tip.
    Three gentle, slow, taps backwards on your keyboard from the edge will land you in the middle of the next platform after you jump each time.
    - the second to last platform has a risk of skidding off. pay attention to how your made the previous jumps, what the skid distance is, and judge your jump accordingly. positioning is not 100% each jump even after you have done this sixty or more times.
    7. Use Flow: Leap for the remaining jumps to Tower 5.

Special Notes:
    - You will be able to reach Tower 5 consistently with just these two abilities.
    - Tower 5 frequently does not render as solid. This appears to be a latency bug, server side.
    IF you encounter this bug, go to a server with fewer people. Different classes encounter this bug at different towers. Lahn will encounter it at Tower 3.
    - Please note, for Lahns, you can skip tower 3 entirely from the last platform before it and go on to Tower 4. This is good for most of the Essence quests, but will still require that you go to Tower 3 later. Sorry I can't help more there.
    A patient Kunoichi plays nearly similar to a Tamer, but does not encounter this bug. However, if you encounter the bug and cannot pass the Kunoichi is more sensitive to jump mechanics (being designed to jump a lot).
    - Water in BDO does not cushion falls. It is frequently MORE lethal than falling on land. This is because you can fall "twice": once upon striking the surface and once upon hitting the ocean floor. Depending on latency the surface of the water renders at different depths. It will always eventually render, but you cannot count on it.

Example of Bug: this is not me, but a great example of the bug

- you might think, "why didn't she use Flow: Leap?"
    - answer, you'll skid off the other side or bounce off the pole.
    - where it does work you still fall through

Part III: The Invisible Platforms, Tower 6
    a. There are exactly 10 platforms between you and Tower 6.
    b. These are invisible.
    c. All platforms are horizontal with one another at their highest point of ascent.
    d. All platforms are stationary except 1 and 7.
    e. You'll know you've reached the end because the circle radial is there when you arrive. Spam R.

Have a small cry. You are done.

Flow: Leap is used to complete each jump.
    HOWEVER, there are only between 3 and 5 jumps depending on your class and skill.

You can walk to the edge of each of these CAREFULLY. When your character teeters forwards, that's the edge. Back up gently, slightly, three slight taps, and you should be good to use Flow: Leap.

Lightning bugs do NOT indicate the spacing of the platforms, but they do INDICATE WHERE they are IN A LINE.

BIG TIP:
    Pressing " ~ " (tilda) causes you to place a red marker line vertically ahead of yourself for a short time. This is helpful in determining when and if the game's brain is working or not before jumping to a tower. If the marker goes to the ground the tower is not solid. Stay where you are and try again. It's not 100%, but it helps.

Suggestion to Developers:
    Add Progress Tokens each time a player reaches any platform past the first heading to Tower 1. When they have built up enough tokens they can hand them in to reach each consecutive tower. High cost each tower.

This would solve the Tower bug issues. Conversely, reaching a tower itself awards some so that way if it is the platforms that are bugging out they can eventually still get past this.

Most of us aren't doing it for the pearl rewards or even have heard about them. We would like the gear upgrades at the end though so it helps to be able to get through this eventually. Average time per player is two days. By then people looking for the rewards are long ahead. So, a little "hope" would be helpful.

Otherwise, this has been fantastically fun and awesome event. Thank you so much for it!

2. Narktember

Narktember Narktember DarkKnight 61 NA

or just get a lahn and a boat

3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Pushing exploits is not the way to go.
    I have a lahn and I found it impossible to do. It may be that my jumping skills are terrible(they are) but the fact that I reached the third tower on many occasions only to fall right through it and the ridiculous fall damage just annoyed me so much I gave up.

4. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Its super easy with ninja shadow step or whatever its called or just get a boat parked at 5th.

5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Is that not an exploit?

6. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Idk, lets see...
    Boats are allowed in game, check
    Jumping crystals and elixirs are allowed, check
    5th platform goes down low enough to jump from a boat, check

Looks like a feature to me, for those who bought a boat, bought crystals end elixirs.

Not like they are not aware of this, everybody is doing it.

7. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Ok If that is how you like to do it, no skin of my nose. I tried to do it legit and failed miserable then quit. Your way got you through it so if devs do not care neither do I.

8. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

After spending hours mastering this for the essence of metal I do this every day on my dark knight and it takes me 10 minutes max.

Just learn the distance of each platform as 90% of the jumps you can just walk to the edge, make your character do the stumble animation and hit space bar to jump.

9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

I also did it legit, I'm just saying thats the easiest way to do it and plenty of videos on how to on youtube.

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I know there are but if I was going to do it I wanted to do it the way the devs intended, due to lack of skill and maybe desync on occasions I failed miserably and moved on to other less frustrating endeavours. I am not bashing on people however they got it done, it is just not how I wanted to do it,

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

but but upload_2019-8-12_21-44-21.png

12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

That does not interest me at all. I am a bit different than a lot of people lol.

13. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Belle Atwell!

Thanks for creating this. I'm sure that many players will find it helpful! :D

Have a great day. and happy gaming!