1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to duel with Shai

Discussion in 'Shai' started by Lemotium, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Lemotium

Lemotium Shai 61

My overall impression about the class is pretty good. I like the offhand skills and gameplay, but the awakening is kinda clunky. But that is another topic for now :)

The main reason for this thread is the huge downside of the pvp dps about this class. First of all let me talk then you can spam this thread.
    Lets build a little mind project:
    You 're a Shai Main and grind somewhere and another person come and is asking for a duel? Wait he is asking for a duel (nah get flagged 24/7 as a Shai, but that's also another story) you can duel him, but i promise you can't win, because the pvp is still nerved. I tested it with a friend and on my long way to 62 i realised you can't defend your grindspot. There is nobody in this game that play rock scisoire paper with you for your spot.

In my opinion you just have three options:
    1. another pvp alt (for a Shai Main like me a waste as fk, i dont build up 2 characters)
    2. Karma bomb the other person (downside your buffs are wasted)
    3. Swap Servers on cd

And then again some ppl will write oh it's a support class you shouldn't do dps, but that doesn't fit in the situation and also didn't help. Also read this days - play a better class (...)

How are you handle situations like that? Or what's your opinion on this topic?

2. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Unpopular opinion but I don't think you are supposed to main Shai.

But they will probably cave and make it the best easiest PVX class in the game before long.

3. nolasigns

No rule against keep fighting. I burn their gear down. They'll have to leave for gear repairs.

4. WinterMilla

TBH just do what ever works, this game is about getting full Pen not about how you get there. Karmabom, duel, friendly, gank, ect.

Factorial, Fateneko and Blitzball like this.
  5. Lemotium

Lemotium Shai 61

Thank you for your great advice :)

I will just reroll after I hit 62

6. Bluedog

You cant 1 vs. 1 with shai. Even with 280 + AP you cant win against Someone with softcap AP. You dont have enough burst, you dont have enough cc and you dont have enough protection.

Shai is a class for ppl who like supporting with high dp. And just put dp gear on and laugh about all Duell for Spot questions. No one can kill you and you can just Grind.

7. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If you want a spot, just outgrind the other guy, equal gear and most likely your the most effective grinder.
    Then they can choose to leave or go negative karma...

8. Bluedog

He wants to know how to Deal with duells, not how to grief.

9. Grehm

I personally don't mind switching channels if somebody beats me in a duel. There's so many rotations in the high end grind spots that it's not that big a deal. If you wanted a pvp capable class though, shai isn't it.

10. Auxey

There is no other way to deal with duels. Trying "duel for spot" against Shai is not a fair practice because you're almost guaranteed to lose every single duel so you gotta fight unfair **** with unfair ****. This is the way you deal with duels as a Shai player. This is literally the answer to OPs question.

11. NoisyBoy

They already said shai would be different to all the other classes, that there were to many fighter type classes. So if you wanna have a shai main have another class to switch for duels if you want to do it the fair way

12. Grehm

That's means tagging and gearing up twice as many characters to hold a spot. Not sure how I would feel about that.

13. Auxey

Explain why they can farm decently in the first place then.

14. NoisyBoy

You are free to read the notes. They announced it as a pve/lifeskill support class with pvp greatly reduced. Now people ask why they cant duel with shai. Logic?

15. NoisyBoy

That means having a tent and changing your gear. Having tet weaps wich are roughly 6/7 (Like a month if you dont like working too hard) but thats the price of playing a non pvp class. We should ask about group content out of miru in wich shai should excel.

16. reconkangas

Well grab the nearest Shai by the ankles and use it as a club to beat the crap out of the nearest opponent....

That's how to dual with a Shai

NoisyBoy likes this.
  17. Bluedog

Thats not true.. Just put dp gear on and Grind.. They doest kill you and they dont win. So if they want to Grind there too, they have to switch channel.

I never grief or Karma bomb any one with my shai and im always Grind on arsha.

18. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

How much DP (eva or dr?) do you have on your Shai for people to leave you alone?

19. NoisyBoy

A dp tet build should be enough to annoy anyone since shai heals like a beast

20. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Just get TET accessories, got it ;)

15-16b from market