1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix Ranger without making it OP (Suggested Changes).

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by LightsOut, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Angarato

just ignore irrelevant, the kid has severe issues.

i would go as far as to remove Super armor from our guardian buff animaiton (lol dumbest change ever) and put super armor on our dash. its slow it costs alot of stamina and ranger lacks protection. let it have super armor off cd.

remove damage split of shotgun, other classes do more aoe damage without split.

make descending current actually ****ing do something. biggest meme in the game.

revert fg on shotgun, remove knockback and give wailing wind fg back (+ the flow) same with elven rage's flow.

buff our passive so it works on every ability and make it work in awakening (balance it accordingly, give it the same effect as having 2 extraction gems would)

Haurion and Boojangles like this.
  2. freshniubbo

The changes log is out in the main site of bdo dudes... and it looks like the devs haven't listen to the angry community. the ranger's main stamina disaster is still present and there are even more nerfs outcoming! O.o
    I don't know what the devs want at this point... mass reroll? mass quitting? bah...

Sturmflut666 likes this.
  3. Sturmflut666

It seems like PA/kakao is completly braindead and ignoring every piece of feedback. Another patch goes by and no fix. Well, time to equip mystic again and put ranger behind the herd.

4. freshniubbo

nostamina.jpeg

What to do now? I don't want to reroll... just leaving? Let's make a good long laugh, dudes...

Rilok likes this.
  5. sunokelly

Rangers disadvantage:
    1.Stamina consumption
    2.Mana consumption
    3.Poor self regen
    4.Long CD on aweakening skill
    5.Poor animation cancel
    6.Poor defense/disengage abilities
    7.Worst passive in the game

Ranger advantage:
    1.Ranged.

Oh well if u want to say ranged is op af that's Way u have disadvantage.

Damage: Bcause of dmg split. there is no true “High long ranged burst dmg” for us. Unless u can freely shoot 5+ amount of shotgun at mid range while enermy all lay down in front of u.

CC: We do a lot ranged cc. But actually, more than half of class have langed cc skill(ex tamer)

Conclusion. Ranger is good as attack when whole team have advantage. Especially when no one can reach u. With 260ap u can wipe out anyone below 300dp instantly. But he is kind of Worst classes when defense. Theres no way to build true advantage for the team. Yes u killed a lot of low geard people. But they will die to aoes anyway.

And PVE. Like u said we were Best grinder out there for a few month before nerf. But since u don't own a ranger, DON'T CONMENT LIKE U KNOWS EVERY THING.

Naeks likes this.
  6. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

number of seconds where you can't even get up while being murdered

https://gfycat.com/ScrawnyShowyDoe

Reuter likes this.
  7. Angarato

takes him that long to kill you tho. your ****ing striker ape damage would have killed him in half that time.

8. Spartakatz

I think all those buffs are a little too much asked for.

Waltz 50% more? And WotW buff, sounds like the boring 1-skill-spam again, I don't think that's needed either.

Slightly less stamina usage and it's fine.

9. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

1. lol every class has stamina consumptions, some more and some less
    2. lol mana consumption in a game with mana pots, get real
    3. cause regen matters so much when you're ranged right? now lets look at tamer, no self sustain and fully melee, and also squishier
    4. on some awakening skills, not all, you're not special
    5. no
    6. poor disengage abilities ok, poor defense? no
    7. are you kidding me? Lmao. Ranger has one of the best passives in the game (the move speed)

your only valid point is that ranger has poor disengage, everything else that you said is inconsiderate and a bad joke

as for split damage, you're not unique. Split damage is there for balance reasons cause if you stack 5 ranged classes without split damage they can wipe out 70 melee ones with 2 buttons from each at the same time and how ridiculous does that look to you? Melee characters can't clump up on target cus of body collision but ranged ones can clump their attacks hence the split damage

ranger advantages:
    1: huge range
    2: top 3 best CC in the game with ranged downsmashes and ranged cc, knockdowns, super long lasting double-hit grab
    3: huge damage, ranger probably has the highest damage in the entire game on high ap, along with sorc. Random rangers literally do half of my hp with breezy blade alone, lmao
    4: some of the best attack speed in the game with insta cast/cancels on some skills including bow
    5: can kite with bow
    6: one of the fastest classes in the game (movement speed wise)

just because you don't want to learn other classes to compare them to yours it doesn't mean that your class is bad

as i said ranger is top 3 in this patch

barely any buffs vs striker which has high evasion and hp, takes him "that long to kill you"lmao. He just spammed one pre awakened skill and still got the kill, if he used the sword it'd be even higher damage

how bout you get ANY other class in the game and spam a single pre awakened skill and see if you kill anyone in a cc and then talk again
    , with a ranged skill even

Mesuka and Reuter like this.
  10. Sturmflut666

i somehow doubt that the ranger and the striker had equal gear, looking at all the rankings of the ranger.

Sheky likes this.
  11. WastedJoker

The problem really is that I could not get up at all

12. LightsOut

Stop posting ****, clearly you have no idea how this game works.

WastedJoker likes this.
  13. LightsOut

You're clueless. This is the ONLY skill ranger has that does remotely any damage at all so we're forced into spamming it. Everything else does literally NOTHING at all.

This skill is also not nearly as good as what other classes has as it can only do damage CLOSE Range (targets that are not close to you get only hit by 3 out of 11 arrows), thus you get hit for less than 30% of the damage AND it has SPLIT DAMAGE, so its useless in anything but 1v1 AND only in close range AND it is unprotected AND it locks you in a 2 sec animation.

14. Naeks

Naeks Ranger 62 EU

You got grabbed and then knocked down on the floor, new cc patch hello?

15. WastedJoker

whats a cc?

16. Haurion

It's fun to read an utter dumbass talking (with an accurate nickname) and a striker complaining on ranger forum x'D
    I don't know what is the most fun, the dumbass or the striker, they got OP for month and now they are showing video as crime evidence !
    Show us your gear and the ranger gear, then it'll be a legit evidence.

God damn those people....

Angarato likes this.
  17. LORDZERG

1. Ranger is heavy stamina requiring class every skill need stamina and every cancel with an evasive shot. with this nerfs she is with broken legs
    2. every mana class have mana consumption it's not more than 5 classes, but mana consumption like ranger no other class has. I usually take 200HP + 200MP if I go in hystria
    3. regen - whatever
    4. 25s 30s - isn't it a long Cds, and few with 7s which can be spammed but all are with reduced dmg + split dmg.
    6. poor defence - no ??? are you Fking kidding me ?? there is no other squishier class then ranger and DK
    7. HERE I ROFL best passive moving speed :D :D :D yes we have 10% move speed passive but for example wiz and witch also have it with the blue ball and not talking for other classes that can instant fly or teleport to you.... what mobility you talking about?
    and BTW he was talking about the most stupid passive skill which is the mana regen :D not for the movement speed.

yes ranger is the only class who have split dmg and that's the biggest nerf of the shotgun because of its only effective for 1v1 but I will not talk about that its nerfed from long time ago... Ranger had only 1 not split dmg skill will of the wind and with the latest nerf it do 1/3 dmg on CD

1, Huge range? hahahahah ranger has only 2 skills with huge ranger and they are making you sitting duck you can easily die for 1 second.
    2. best CC ? Q? with latest changes you can barely KD someone with the Q cancel. the other CCs are flow of skills where you can pray not to die during using them(most classes are same) double grab is a history its 1 hit, btw zerk has multy hit grap too before the grap changes.
    3. huge dmg you are right here I agree, but only if you do your skills 1 time no spamming and if u have luck somehow to do CC and maybe if u have stamina :D
    4. we have only cancels with bow and yea we are fast but that is not an advantage, many classes have fast cancels
    5. try to kite zerk musa/maehwa or mystic/striker tamer witch wizard...
    6. not fast at all many classes can catch you easily

Your knowledge for ranger is zero as I said before

TOP3 - lol ranger is dying asthmatic

#37 LORDZERG, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Shadizar, Angarato and sunokelly like this.
  18. Rysingmoon

Actually, you did a severe failure when using the block stance when in short distance. What I mean is, that you made it very easy for the ranger to apply her deadly engage with grab and with all cool downs ready. When playing against one of my guild mates (playing Mystic and Striker) I very rarely have such an opportunity. Your gear does not matter in this case. It's skills.

19. Spartakatz

Ranger can easily kite haha that joke is already 3 years old.

20. Silsti

Oof, Lemon, dude you gotta brush up on your general knowledge, couple of years behind with some stuff in there.

Rilok and d00mR like this.