1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to improve character customization

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Narktember, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Narktember

Narktember Narktember DarkKnight 61 NA

this thread kind of died, better customization when?

2. Mycca

Better customization would be nice for sure.

LittleBabe likes this.
  3. Narktember

I'll now be collecting any threads that are related to character creation, I've already added what I could find but I want more so please link some. Thanks! :)

Kushbush likes this.
  4. Dailou

I agree with the thread. Granted, its personally the best character i've used thus far, but more options can only make it better. I really like the idea of letting body types be interchangeable within reason, such as giving the witch the body type of a kunoichi, or switching out ranger and DK with each other. would like to see the same for facial structures. Right now most characters of the same class look like siblings. Its clear they are all cut from the same mold for the most part. It takes a lot of slider play to get out of that valley. Not limiting facial structures and hairstyles to certain classes could go a long way towards curing that issue without even adding anything new, though new hairstyles would also be much, MUCH appreciated.

Schwertfee, LittleBabe and Narktember like this.
  5. Khalel

I support you completely good man, my character kills more for going handsome than for gear... Keep writing to keep the post alive guys :)

Sorry for my bad english i'm learning ^^ .

LittleBabe and Narktember like this.
  6. _Kae_

I'm still hoping this is added to the game. No sign of the character customization improvements on the poll yet.

Narktember likes this.
  7. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Lahn 61 EU

Great list and a shame I only found it now. All I've been doing is suggest things separately.

I would suggest as well:
    - make it so that hairstyle nodes that cannot be adjusted, can be (plenty of hairstyles are as-is and can't be changed)
    - add a color wheel (currently you can't have real red eyes, brown eyes, etc. I never understood the need to force only a selection of colors on players. A good, all included color wheel could fix that. For dyes too)
    - make it so that the camera can be panned downwards. Right now it can only be panned left, right and upwards. Some classes zoom in so strangely on the faces (like dark knight, Valkyrie), that the forehead or crown of the head is cut off when you want to make a portrait.
    - proper twintails need to be added. They just need to be.
    - extend the possible length for hairstyles. You currently can't have bum length hair or longer, while some people even in real life have that. And this is fantasy.

8. Vorkrunne

I am still floored at how hard it is to make your character with natural hair and eye colors.

Why do they want us walking around with weird 80s neon colors on realistic looking characters???

Length of hair also bothers me. I’ve had longer hair than any character in BDO.

Please make the Valkyrie braids available to all classes!

But mostly... give us character creation OPTION to NOT have hovering feet or high heels. If we change it in character creation, all our shoes should be flats.

9. Ben Phoenix

Every single hairstyle available for all classes and more options for male classes.

#29 Ben Phoenix, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  10. Narktember

ok I think I got everything. Thanks for the suggestions

11. Narktember

It's been almost two months but I'm back and active on the forums and I'm ready to take your suggestions!
    Now that shai's here I have a lot of ideas so I will be adding those. :)

_Kae_ likes this.
  12. ODB3698

Great list. They killed the joy of character creation, for me, when they started locking body sliders.

_Kae_ and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Doychin

I like your suggestions, how ever I could live without them. If you let the people too much freedom they end up creating unintentionally horrible characters. The most important thing at the moment, which is in my opinion visual catastrophe is the head seizing.

• Add sliders for head size and shape
    If sliders won't come because of the above mentioned reasons then at least make it grow proportional to the increased body high.

Schwertfee likes this.
  14. Sorielle

This... They could do so much more it is sad they are just not listening to us

15. _Kae_

Yeah. I personally would like a bit more customization for my characters, or at least, not less customization. The worst part about it, is that sliders are rather easy for devs to edit in general.

On a more positive note, I think they are starting to acknowledge our character customization ideas. This post from back in July gave us a few definitive answers... They said that they are looking into incorporating new hair styles and eye customization options. Unfortunately, they won't be doing anything relating to face customization, but the new eye / hair options is a good start. Honestly, if we can at least get a ton of new hair options (not just like 1 or 2) and a significant increase to head / body slider intensity, I'd be happy. Guess we'll see what happens.

Also, welcome back, Narktember!

Phoenixxx75 and Narktember like this.
  16. Schwertfee

I'd like the option to have flat shoes for all female classes. A sorceress or a witch might come on high heels - but a mystic or lahn on high heels is riddiculous. (Ok, it's riddiculous to walk woods or swamp in court shoes as well, but as long as this is fantasy I won't put too much weight on that.)

And I would love to have more braided hair styles like corn rows, braided ponytails, headband braids, french braid ...

As well it would be lovely, if some classes could gain weight. I'd love to play an old fat wizard f. e.

_Kae_ and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  17. alphaod

The only thing that bothers me in this game is the footwear. As much as I like the eye candy... the high heels in all the outfits needs to go get fixed. I mean the puff mini, maid outfit, or any of the more "flirty" outfits I can get, but the armor outfits or even the ghillie being heeled does not. Or when the character in just underwear why are they still in tip-toes. I mean put shoes on her while in underwear at least like it shows during body shape adjustments during character creation.

Phoenixxx75 and Schwertfee like this.
  18. OrbitalDefense

When I first saw videos of this game, I was under the impression that you could essentially make any hairstyle you want, with the level of sliders and options I saw. It would be cool if there was like a hairstylist mode where you could literally make any hairstyle you can imagine.
    Wanna look like a Tibetan monk? Go for it.
    Wanna look like Cleopatra? Walk like an Egyptian.
    Wanna look like the Goblin King? You remind me of the babe.

Schwertfee likes this.
  19. MADE

Never. Too much effort, close to zero return in value, the servers will be closed sooner than they implement it.

Not to mention bdo has one of the best character creator across the board already, it wouldn't be wise anyway in wasting effort trying to improving it further.

20. DafuqYouLookinAt

This would be quite an enormous amount of work and who knows how long it'd take but I enjoy the idea. We already have a great character customization but I really hope eventually more options will open up.
    If anything, options for long hair when? My mystic needs her luxurious, Sephiroth lengths!