1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Make Silver - Crates

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Plunge, May 2, 2017.

1. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Somethinglovely is a great site for life-skiller users, it provides a detailed map that will show you the location of nodes, the CP needed for them, where to gather specific items as well as extra information such as villas.
    Black Desert Foundry offers a great list of recipes for alchemy and cooking as well as all the ingredients needed to make imperial boxes.
    Somethinglovely also offers a crate calculator for working out how much silver you will make at each trade level which will let you plan out your crate runs.
    Waliori has created a great site for cooking which will show you the EXP you gain for cooking which can useful when you try to power-level.
    BDO Database has all the knowledge you need, but is especially useful for finding knowledge as well as guides for the amity game.

Introduction:

This guide isn't meant to show you how to make silver instantly, but rather over time with a worker empire to support yourself. This guide will also focus on making silver through life-skills rather than through grinding. If you're still low levelled or don't have a lot of CP it's best to build these up before following this guide. If you're a new player it's best to level up to level 55 with whichever character you want so that you can have your base silver and CP to begin with. Try to focus on completing as many quests as possible for the CP EXP rather than focusing on pure grinding. Try to complete as many Black Spirit quests as you can as well as picking up every quest in whichever area you enter, you may also want to pick up these inventory quests. If you get burnt out on quests you can also try to cook your way to a higher CP. One of the byproducts from cooking is a 'Dish With Poorly Prepared Ingredients' which will reward you with CP EXP when you turn 5 in, Incendar's Guide is in depth on how you can get a 1 second cooking time but if you're still low level you can use a 'Calpheon Traditional Cooking Utensil' to AFK cook. It will take 17 seconds per cook (if you have no added buffs) with this item meaning you can AFK cook for a minimum of 9 hours and 25 minutes.

Whilst you quest around the world of BDO try to pick up as much knowledge as you can to increase your energy, you can press 'H' in game to show the knowledge you need as well as how much energy it will reward you with. The removal of energy needs for cooking, processing and alchemy had made life easier in BDO but having a large energy pool does mean that you can gather for longer which is extremely important when trying to build a large empire. If you are ever stuck on knowledge or aren't sure who to speak with to acquire knowledge use BDO Database.

This guide won't tell you how much silver you can make exactly, but will rather show you how to make it easily with the daily amount being based on how much effort you put in as well as how much manual gathering you perform. Just by estimation I would put the average amount at 50 million a day if you follow all the steps below, this can be a lot more of course depending on how much you play. Another key factor is how long you have BDO online for, workers only repeat tasks if you are logged into the game so if you turn your PC off or logout of the game they will merely finish the task they were on and not repeat.

Setting up:

Nodes:

The first thing you'll want to set-up once you have sufficient CP is set up your node network. It's up to you what additional gathering nodes you sue, but for the purpose of this guide you'll want the following node. Please note that in some cases your workers may not bring in enough material and you may need to manually gather as well this is all based on how much silver you wish to make per day; the more silver the more manual gathering. You'll also want to set up some of these nodes as soon as possible so that your workers can gather whilst you increase your level, CP or other skill.

Your workers can only gather from a node if it is connected to your network. A worker from Calpheon cannot gather from a node if it's not connected to Calpheon for instance. Some of the below nodes also exist on the same node connection line, so the CP needed may be less as you'll find you're already invested in the node. How many of these nodes you invest in is up to you, you'll find that some nodes aren't worth investing in due to the CP cost and some nodes you can't afford yet due to CP limitations. At the time of writing this guide this is how my node map stands, the next expansion with my CP will be into Valencia for some of the metal nodes.

For the timber nodes it is a good idea to grab them all.

For the ore nodes your main limiting factor will be the coal when it comes to iron ore, so unless you want to sell the ore/shard/ingot you don't need to invest in that many iron ore nodes. For the copper it's not worth investing in the Mediah/Valencia nodes until you've invested in the rest and even then it's best not to invest in these until you have spare CP.

Workers:

Whilst you can manually gather ore and timber, you'll want to hire workers to gather items from your invested nodes. There are three types of workers in the game (if you see naive don't bother hiring) Goblins, Humans and Giants. Dulfy's Guide goes more in depth into worker hiring but to keep it brief you'll want to hire them as soon as possible and get them working to level them up whilst you play. In order to gather from your nodes you'll need 2 things, lodging and a way to recover stamina. Lodging spaces can be bought via the cash shop however there is a limit so you'll want to purchase lodging in the city/town where you want to hire the worker. It's always best to hire a worker as close to the node as possible to make the task time shorter. For instance with the timber nodes you'll want to hire workers and have them stationed in Trent, Behr and Calpheon.

Goblins are on average the faster workers, but have lower stamina so will need you to manually recover their stamina more often. Giants have the highest stamina but are slower whereas Humans lie in between. It's up to you to look at their individual stats and work out which worker is better suited for each task. You can purchase workers from the exchange, but good workers tend to be very rare and the exchange is usually sold out. Workers have different tiers which improve their stats as well as chances to get better skills, these are General, Skilled, Professional and Artisan. You can spend energy to keep rolling for better workers but in the mean time it's better to start off with General/Skilled workers to gather whilst you search or level up workers. .

The longer workers are gathering the more levels they'll gain to a maximum of level 30. Every 10 levels they will gain a promotion chance that allows them to level to the next tier, each promotion test takes 24 hours and you can only promote one worker at a time. Your workers also have a better chance of levelling a tier up the higher a level they are. You'll also notice that as workers gain levels they will learn skills, a full list of skills can be found here but we'll go into detail later on in the guide.

Levelling life-skills and other requirements:
    In order to fully benefit from this guide you'll need to level your life-skills to specific levels which are as follows. You can still have your workers gather and craft items, however it is best to not sell some items until you've reached a specific level.

Trade:

Trading is the practice of buying goods from trade managers at one node and then selling for profit to another manager. Famme's site, somethinglovely, offers a very nice list of every trade pack in the game with the price as well as level needed to purchase it. In order to benefit from selling worker crafted crates you'll want to have the trading buff from the node manager at Sharing Node, which adds 50% to the total selling price of your crates. In order to activate this buff you'll need to complete two activities, complete the 'To The Wild Desert' Quest and achieve Master 2 in Trade. (* Master 1 ranking needed in Trade)

- The Quest - The quest itself isn't difficult but can be quite lengthy and tedious, however the payout is worth it. The only requirement to start the series is that you must be over level 54, you must then head to Idellab Oasis in the desert and speak to Ashim for the 'Peacful Oasis' quest. The quest chain is then as follows with the link leading you to all the information you'll need to complete the quests. Over The Sand Dunes -> What A Desert Sufferer Needs -> Conspiracy of the Lavania League -> Marzana the Red Viper -> Knowledge Required for Conversation -> Proof of Faith #1 -> Proof of Faith #2 -> Secret Letter to the Royal Court -> Conflict Between the Two Merchant Leagues -> Identity of the Assassin -> Fall of the Oberin League -> Rest Are on the Barren Sand* -> Token of Lavania League -> Have You Ever Done This Before? -> To the Wild Desert!

- Levelling Trade - There are two ways of levelling up trade, either by actively trade with trade managers which will require an elephant/wagon and patience. You'll want to fill up your ride with trade goods, travelling to a manager who is 500m+ away, selling and then repeating the process. The second way, which can be considered an exploit, is to have your workers craft trash crates (lead ore crates, ash timber crates etc.) and then sell them on the other side of the map by over-loading your horse with 7,150 crates. The number of crates needed varies from person to person depending on their life-skill buffs, but going from B1 to M2 can take anywhere between 40-60k crates. You'll want to go for the largest distance to maximise your EXP, so Calpheon-Arehaza will work much better than Calpheon-Altinova. You'll also be selling these crates at a loss if you purchase the ingredients off the marketplace (10 timber/10 ore and 1 blackstone powder per crate)(Crop, fish and mushroom crates are to be avoided)

Processing:

In order to maximise the number of products you get when processing your timbers and ore you'll want to reach Artisan 1 on whichever character you are processing on.

Nodes:

In order to sell your crates for maximum profit you'll want to connected the cities and the nodes between, for EXP you don't need to have the nodes connected but for silver you do. Famme's map comes in use again to show you the cheapest route CP-wise to connect the different nodes and cities. For instance connecting Valencia to Calpheon will cost you a minimum of 34 CP points.

Crafting/Cooking/Money-Making:
    Crates:

Below are all the different types of crates you'll want to craft for making silver in BDO, as a note DO NOT SELL ANY OF THESE CRATES UNTIL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE DESERT BUFF. What crates you want to make is up to you as you'll need to transport them all to sell individually. Where you craft these crates is also down to you. Trent offers the best current distance bonus for crafting crates and in some cases is the only town that will allow you to make a profit whilst buying the materials off the market. Calpheon may offer more workshops and be cheaper CP wise, but it's a waste of profit when CP is refundable.

In order to sell these crates just speak to any trade manager, bargain with them for more silver and then sell the stack. You'll want to ensure that you have the buff from Sharing Node activated before selling.

The time taken for a worker to make one crate can be anywhere between 10 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on the tier and type of worker. Incendar goes into depth in this video on worker skills for crafting crates, but you'll want to pump out as many of these crates as possible to sell in Valencia.

Below are examples of a few of the highest priced crates, I've used the numbers for crafting the crates in Calpheon and selling in Valencia at M2 trade, you can find out your own numbers using Famme's crate calculator linked above. You can find list of all craftable crates on Incendar's website, which ones to craft are up to you.

Calpheon Crates - Base Price = 50,790 - M2 Price = 187,628
    Mediah Timber Crates - Base Price = 40,230 - M2 Price = 157,313
    Serendia Timber Crates - Base Price = 32,550 - M2 Price = 127,282
    Steel Crates - Base Price = 21,030 - M2 Price = 77,689
    Bronze Crates - Base Price = 29,670 - M2 Price = 109,607
    Brass Crates - Base Price = 31,590 - M2 Price = 116,700
    Jewelry Crates* - Base Price = 189,030 - M2 Price = 739,173

*(These crates are made in any mineral workbench and require 5 Gold ingots, 5 Silver ingots, 5 Platinum ingots and 1 Blackstone Powder. These crates can be more difficult to craft as there's no node for gold or silver however these can be rare drops when mining. You can also do some maths yourself and see whether it is worthwhile buying some of the ingredients off the marketplace and whether you'd make a profit.)

Questions?
    If you have any questions do let me know in this thread or PM me, I'm not going to answering anyone who just asks "How do I do everything", but I'm more than happy those who have specific question or who have shown some initiative and started off the process of building their empire.

10/07/2017 - Removed Imperial Cooking and re-named the guide as crates. Added more crate information as well as further links to all craftable crates.

#1 Plunge, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. MuseTorment

MuseTorment DarkKnight 56 EU

Awesome! Thank you! Specially the written links to the nodes' materials. Can be a bit messy to go through the map and find what you need or not :P

3. Lady Minuit

Lady Minuit DeMinuit Kunoichi 61 NA

Nice guide. Was really hard figuring out what node to use without guide, but this one makes it easy.

4. JPEG

Wow! Awesome guide! Thank you for writing this, it helps out a great deal.

Sinsane likes this.
  5. Heissember

Heissember Musa 61 EU

10 / 10 thanks for this guide;)

6. Le_Flemard

I have a stupid question... Can you make lower rank imperial craft box while being at a higher level? By example making beginner while being professional...

7. Plunge

Sadly you can't, you'll need to be the rank needed in order to put the cooked dishes in the box.

8. Le_Flemard

Crap, I need another alt to get the craft knowledge then (I know those knowledge give nothing, but I need them :3)

9. Helga_Hufflepuff

Great overview. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to Trading. You can make 50M or more a day in trading not having to make any crates. It's called Imperial trading for trading. Hit ESC then go to trading info and that is Imperial trading for trading. 200% profit and distance gets added on top of the 200%. Just an fyi on trading. :D

10. 6footgeeks

Great guide, nice that you did put in an emphasis that people shouldn't look for instant money making schemes,

Should probably also mention that pretty much the way to make quick money is grinding.

11. xSkyX

xSkyX Windwalker Sorceress 61 NA

Care to give the original ticket information, what question was actually asked to that GM? People have been doing the trash crate method for ages. Please do go on and explain how it's considered an exploit. Please give the entire context of that ticket or just don't post anything like that.. that, without the original question can be taken so out of context and squeezed into SO many different scenario's and topics which can lead to a massive upset due to the misinformation.

12. xSkyX

Update: Photo's Included. Cut out personal information for obvious reasons. 2017-05-08.png 2017-05-08 (1).png 2017-05-08 (2).png

13. Nocturne

Hello,
    Thanks a lot, I'm a new player an I was thinking about making some money now. But I have 15 cp and never did any of this. Is setting up workers enough to make money? Because I don't know if I have the will to do the trade thing, do I have to move the crates myself or? Your guide is very good but I'm still kinda lost about where to start..

14. Plunge

If you look at the wording in your ticket, you merely asked them whether selling crates is against the ToS, not whether the process of over-stacking a horse is against the ToS, the GM even confirms it when he says "it might be due to the transport function". That being said, despite all my previous ticket replies saying either "Yes it's an exploit" or "We are still investigating", I've had a recent reply where they confirm that they will not CURRENTLY punish people for using it.

Setting up workers will bring you a nice passive income if you just sell everything off, but I doubt it will be more than 5-10 million a day. If you're looking for a starting off point, just follow the main quest to Mediah/Valencia and do all the side quests along the way. Shouldn't take more than a week and by the end you should at least have about 200/200 if you're picking up knowledge along the way and doing as many quests as you can.

15. Nocturne

Omg man, I hate quests.. 1 week just to get some cp? Can't I just cook beer? :(
    And okay, so, what do I have to add to "just having a worker empire" to get these 50M/day?

16. xSkyX

Actually, if you look at your wording you state "The second way, which can be considered an exploit, is to have your workers craft trash crates" which is confirmed, false. The exploit, if it is an exploit at all, which i'll be making a post soon to ask about, is regarding some of the methods (not all) used to transport the crates.

17. Plunge

The wording is rather clear, please don't try to quote things out of context to somehow prove your point. :)

18. Plunge

Cooking beer can work for you as well, but you'll get a lot of silver and items from doing your quests as well if you're a new player. You're not going to hit 50 million a day with just a basic worker empire, if you want to hit it then just follow the steps in the guide. Imperial Cooking can get you about 20 million a day if you're at 200 CP.

19. xSkyX

if you look at my screenshots, the GM literally said he can't disclose whether exploit or not and to rather ask the CMs because he didn't want to get in trouble for giving wrong information which to me is leaning towards no it's not an exploit.

20. mate

mate DarkKnight 60 EU

But ofc you can make lower ranked boxes even when you are master...
    I am sure Plunge misread your question.

Plunge likes this.