1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[How To] Never need to buy a Value Pack again!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SoggyCow, Oct 30, 2019.

1. SoggyCow

I've had this Value Pack "subscription" for 3 years.
    I got really pissed off when they lied to all of us and sold the Conquer's "exclusive" outfit a few months ago.
    I still kept my subscription rolling $15/month.
    Now Halloween RNG costume 5% / $11 lootbox?
    I'm not buying anymore Value Packs, or other Pearl items.
    I looked at what the Value Pack is, and its just character inventory, storage, 200LT, and 10% combat exp... all which I don't need.
    But the 30% MarketPlace profit? I am comfortable selling things and letting my sales sit in the MP every 14days, and using the free 1day Loyalty Value Pack to then collect all my sales with the +30% profit.

Kakao's greed made me think about what really a pearl Value Pack is... and its actually not needed at all.

Thanks Kekao, your greed made me rethink my subscription and I realized I never needed it. I'll be telling my guild mates how to use the Loyalty VP properly so they also can stop renewing their $15 subscriptions.

GG

//////// Reply
    Hi folks, good comments. I'll try to answer most inquiring about my status.

- I got a little over 40k Loyalty, and I'm loaded up on 100s of Valks Cry.
    - Someone said something about using MP only 25 times/year - no its collecting ~20 sales every 15days, you can use the MP all you want.
    - About gear etc; I got 778d 2h on my warrior with pens, 192slots, default 2,152LT without my 400LT coral belt, and most towns have maxed storages/worker slots, etc. I meant it when i said I don't need the buffs, maybe others do, but I'm only referring to my status.

I guess I didn't think about stopping my subscription because I liked contributing to the game, also buying my friends the game and gifting pearl items, but based on the poor decisions KK are making (I think its PA forcing KK to do these things), it made me decide to stop my subscription and pearl purchases.

I added up my total contribution to this game which is $1,520 which isn't a whole lot (some friends have $9,000+ contributed) based on the 18,674+Hours I got in this game [Active/AFK].

Kakao betraying their first customers, and shamelessly milking us with underhanded tactics has made me put and end to all future payments. Sure a quick buck is easy to make when you add lootboxes to take advantage of the 'not mentally well' customers (like a certain girl that spent $3,000 to get a specific RNG pet), but doing so kills off your long-term loyal customers that would otherwise keep the game running - people like me and my friends.

#1 SoggyCow, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Exactly what I thought, the only reason I still try to buy VP off MP is because when it runs out all my storages and alts are out of inventory.

I do not care about 10% exp nor I care about 16 inventory slots.

I guess I should just re-organize my storage to function normally without extra slots given by value pack.

Also I have like 100k loyalty points, so I could just buy 1 day VP per week or 2 to retrieve silver from MP like you said, while I do have a silver pre-order on regular VP just in case lol

#2 Dryed, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    SoggyCow likes this.
  3. WinterMilla

While yes that is a way to still get the sales profit..... still feels lukewarm somehow. Ah thats because your still playing, therefore still supporting them. Kinda like being made that the restaurant lied about a item on the menu so you decide not to buy nothing from them again, yet your come back there everyday. Well to each their own protest i suppose.

hightech, flukeSG2 and MoonDance17 like this.
  4. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Game is dead without your monthly subscription, what will a billionaire company do now :D

5. Dalenos

All things come to an end sooner or later >.>

6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

By some wagons and put items not frequently used into them. Remote collect and you have those 16 slots many times over.
    Name the wagons by the items in ie cooking, alchemy, scrolls etc.
    Ps the main reason I bought them when I was playing was for the merv's palette.

#6 MoonDance17, Oct 31, 2019
    Dryed and Factorial like this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

When did they rerelease Shudad? I've only seen the release of the new variant called Glorious Shudad which isn't the same costume or did I miss when the actual exclusive was rereleased and they broke their promise?

Of all the things to get upset over, lol!

LesserHellspawn likes this.
  8. Factorial

This is what I did at first but wasn't brilliant enough to name the wagons by category. Was one hell of a trip trying to find some items I needed one time. Later on I redid all the wagons with a naming scheme. Very handy.

Solitaire likes this.
  9. Dulces

Sounds like medical depression.

10. LightningFFXIII-4

Inb4 they remove the freebie Value pack from the Loyalty shop.

I think you would need to have this to be able to play BDO lol. A regular person would had quit BDO before his 30 days in Olvia was up.

#10 LightningFFXIII-4, Oct 31, 2019
  11. Spartakatz

great tip "use market only 25 times a year"

12. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

When you do this stuff for 2 years and you see that some players only now find this technique... Tbh i don't even want to think where games would end up with such people...

13. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

this is exactly what i have been doing LOL, you just figured it out? unless you need the weight or slots you really don't need it.

14. Tacarmato

15. reconkangas

I guess when you get to full PEN and have not much use for the VIP pack then more power to you.

For the rest of us plebs that are still working on it 15 ways from Sunday this is a complete irritant not to mention a possible lose in profit do to not hitting high end market valuations.

Like right now market is at a low for everything not MATs for building ships for new content.
    right now with manos gear life Skilling is more profitable than grinding making the above case of 1 time every 2 or 3 weeks for sale a losing proposition.

SoggyCow likes this.
  16. Khondo

Good for you making a decision and sticking to it.

Me, I will just keep buying them off the MP.

SoggyCow likes this.
  17. Corrus

I didn't buy a VP in at least a year and I'm doing fine.

SoggyCow likes this.
  18. LucidKill

Bought a year's worth back when MP was fresh. Haven't thought about it since. I might do that when I run out.

Silowyi and SoggyCow like this.
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

..you were on the right track till you started advising people with terrible terrible game play.

Nope, thats a bad idea all around...In this case being cheap will cost u more....an how u getting your valk crys?

A better idea is to incentivize Pearl Abyss to make changes. Conforming to BS is just that...conforming to s@~t design.

#19 Kynreaa, Oct 31, 2019
  20. Capitaine Courage

[How To] Never need to buy a Value Pack again!

It's quite simple actually : stoping BDO and playing another game.

zhagsten, flukeSG2 and MoonDance17 like this.