1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ruin a class!!!

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Itan86, May 17, 2018.

1. Itan86

Valkyria in the end was gear dependeten without a good gear you could easily beat especially with fast classes, has numerous weaknesses needless to say that the class valkyria was broken because it was not so, just to give an example the grapple of valkyria is the ugliest of all. Now with the new patch you have destroyed a class, reduced damage, zero mobility every twenty meters we have to stop, we can not run in awakening unlike other classes because to take away the little mobility we had, as soon as we take off the guard we are practically dead, in node if you stay behind if dead you can not escape, super armor completely absent even more the celestial spear that without that the valkyria can not start a fight. In the end it was enough a grab and it was done was a normal class like the others is now the most ugly and terrible.
    If you do not do something you've lost another player, I'm sorry, but right now it's unplayable. We can barely support our allies if we can reach them in combat (sarcasm).

2. Mewingloki

Stamina cost on promptness needs to go.

3. DarkKnightMasterRace

more like how to ruin a class for bad players, you have to use your brain now, if its too hard then quit or reroll, stop crying.

TheYoda, Kenwulf and irrelevant like this.
  4. Dyeless

Dyeless Lahn 61 EU

Damn man, I feel really bad for you. You are so lonely and desperate for attention. Sounds like you completely lost connection with outside world. Every single post from you is just a desperate cry for help. Who did this to you?

#4 Dyeless, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    ODB3698, Dalenos and R.Prescott like this.
  5. R.Prescott

Valkyrie was a little too good before, it isn't fair to deny it I'm sorry, but what they've done is way too far. The problem before was that our burst damage potential was too high for a supposedly tanky class, but then last week we lost lingering SA and so that was no longer true, (when not blocking we're less tanky than mystic and striker, and since we couldn't be protected while not blocking anymore, our damage was justified) and if it had stayed like that I could probably have lived with it and felt that nerf was fair.

However, they have decided that we need our damage, utility and mobility gutting too...

Our utility is statistically worse in every way than the comparable witchard skills, and yet apparently it needed its protection removing and the cooldown increasing. I'm fine with that on our PA as it means there's less PA spam and PA is a cancerous mechanic anyway that should just be removed from the game, but the heals? That's just stupid.

Also, a long time ago Valk movement got buffed because of the ridiculously high cost and now it is actually worse than it was before that. If they felt that the state of our movement was bad enough then, where on Earth is the justification for taking even further back than that?

I'm all for making the game more balanced, but killing classes because they were good for a while is not how that works, its a balance of class potential, not a balance of how enjoyable a class is to play throughout the game's lifespan and if the specific class balance changes don't do something about yesterday's patch, then I don't know what to think of Pearl Abyss, easily the most out of touch developers I've ever seen.

Koor, Itan86, Reigne Irkalla and 2 others like this.
  6. perlek

going to repeat this in another thread maybe a gm might actually take notice but the entire point inst the damage and utility and defense nerfs people are letting these complaints get skewed every class is upset about damage nerfs or defense nerfs thats not the point, the real point is that the ability to pve and the all around fun of the class in anything but 1v1 is completely tanked...... yes you can still play the game as a valk but everything in the open world now sucks to expierience walking everywhere or stoppping for stamina at every pack i arrive at

Kusaragii and R.Prescott like this.
  7. Catastigma

#7 Catastigma, May 17, 2018
  8. perlek

its not about being the same overhauling the class is welcome if we were truely unblanaced but to balace pvp they cannot comepletly and utterly destroy our ability to farm, the game is dead for me i havent played since patch and wont be playing unless my valk is fixed in some way where i can farm pve

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Dalenos

:D:D:D

ODB3698 likes this.
  10. DCoVeR

yea they must do something with mobility on valk because this char cannot farm at this moment, grinding already was hard compare to another classes, how much stuff you had to click to be efficent in grind compare to wizz/witch at some spots.

11. Startrance

i am playing a level 61 Valkyrie 559 gearscore and i have no problem whatsoever with PVE grinding sure the stamina on dash sucks balls, but then again our PVE damage is still good and you dont need that much moving from pack to pack.

12. DCoVeR

try to be efficent at manshaum, gl zzz they should just add option to spam just w + shift mostly, space sometimes for little bost and would be ok

13. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

So you would kill the packs faster, for those you aren't one shoting already, and as such would have to move more often.
    Back to the original issue.

Btw, if our mobility has to be nerfed to the ground, can we have a huge stamina cost on "death line chase" and remove the stamina cost on promptness ? Promptness is more than a tool used just to move, would be nice to be able to move (albeit not very far :'D ) and still use it.

Reigne Irkalla and R.Prescott like this.
  14. Catastigma

i dont need this mobility on Aakman/Hystria. the 30% movement speed buff + run is enough

15. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

What about every valk <60 with <softcap gear (either of those two things would probably apply to the majority of valk players).

You can't seriously think waiting for e buff cooldown and relying on the short time that lasts is a sustainable pacing.

Endgame might meet your definition of an acceptable state of play, but what about the getting there? Enjoying mixed class group content like pirates + gyfins?

16. Catastigma

Place with huge density with little distance on each pack...
    Manshaum nord rotation.
    Feather wolf.
    Pila ku main rotation.
    Helm mine ? ( i will try hit)

also dont forgot that ALL classe get Grinding nerf with the CC change.

17. DCoVeR

you cannot say stuff like that, at this spot it might be ok but not everyone want or can grind efficent there, so this isn't even an argument. If its ok for you now at manshuam, you did not grind there so much. Also don't get about which nerfs you are telling to another class, zerk still solid, witch/wizz tp from pack to pack, musa free dashing like a boss. Just ranger got with us huge mobility nerfs without reason.

#17 DCoVeR, May 17, 2018
    R.Prescott likes this.
  18. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

what about contesting a grindspot or standing a chance to outclear someone who griefs your rotation?

Some other classes might have also suffered stamina hits (not all of them have a huge impact on pve), but giving us back ours won't be taking away theirs. But valk was already disadvantaged with pve in the sense that our attacks are very linear and have less range, and oddly, some of them even scatter/push monsters away.

Let's not forget that valk players are already noticing significant drops in grinding efficiency in their usual favourite areas, people grind with different purposes of exp or silver or rare drops, how is it fair that we should be limited in areas we can choose now or how much we can benefit from them?

So yes, grinding is still possible, sure, but that's not the issue.

#18 ViktoryiaV, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  19. Catastigma

Kill im. Go play on arsha channel.

Other classe will surely be nerf too. the mobility classe like Musa/Plum(ranger too lol) get the same nerf that valk. Zerk,Striker, Mystic will surely get the same type of nerf.

20. ODB3698

You can't expect to have a rational conversation with a troll...