1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How worried are you about the direction of the game considering your cash investment?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WastedJoker, Feb 2, 2018.

1. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Accept what you are and do not seek improvement.

A joyful sentiment, mate.

Fire of likes this.
  2. Desado

Desado Wizard 62 NA

I'm still having fun.

Rena and Hakazumi like this.
  3. noctred

noctred NA

That's not what I said in the context of the post I quoted.

4. Vaelok

False equivalence. There's a big difference between seeking improvement in your own life and trying to improve a product which you have no influence or control over.

Ravare and Ad Astra like this.
  5. Kalara

Its not an investment, its "I am enjoying the game now and would like to purchase these items to make it more enjoyable" If the game disappears in a year, I won't be sad. I played, I enjoyed I got what I wanted when I paid. And since closed beta/first days of the pearl shop I'm pretty sure I'm around 1500$. Money is a means to an end, I don't complain when the running shoes that cost me 200$ are finally worn out after a year or 2 depending on how much I run. Everything has a beginning and an End. I chose to to play this game because I want to. I hope people that smoke 1 pack of cigarettes a day are glad in their 300$ "investment" per month?

Hakazumi and Ad Astra like this.
  6. Ravare

Seriously, you are taking this video game too seriously

Hakazumi likes this.
  7. Soulscar

An investment would indicate there is a personal financial incentive in the long term for paying for digital items. There isn't.

The investment from the developers side is used to make BDO available to console/steam and other platform users. The money you/we "invest", for want of a better word, is being used to increase market access and is the most expensive part of any development.

Bug fixes, server stability and balance are pretty far down the list of priorities as long as people continually pump hundreds of "insert currency" into massively overpriced game items. In game items that for the most part offer significant advantages to those that don't have them.

The reason BDO is popular is there is a serious drought in games worth playing atm and the second something better comes along numbers will fall like a meteor.

If the in game items were priced more reasonably I would be more inclined to buy them like many others. The fact these items are priced horrendously is actually hurting their profits. Why open a market to a huge audience if you price said items to a select percentage? They are digital items, they don't own sweatshops or massive warehouses, it is data. Zero overheads yet they ask prices for in game clothes comparable to the high street. Yeah, no thanks.

To answer the OP question, no I am not interested in the money I have spent on BDO I am just playing it until literally anything else come along. Unless there is a massive shift in their business practices there is only so many "optional" cash shop BS people will put up with.

8. devante

I am more worried about the publisher situation. Mmorpgs have started fresh after publisher changes in the past.

9. bob349

Money spent on a game is not an "Investment" to me. It's spent. It's gone.

Having said that I have very little faith in the direction of the game. Each new awakening, each new class makes the game worse as a whole, and I don't have any faith that they'll be able to get their netcode fixed in order to allow that large scale siege experience that we all hoped we'd get.

T800 likes this.
  10. Catastigma

june 2017.

Proudnet host Vindictus. worst server ever... P2P server...

11. TitanTrapper

My primary concern for the NA/EU servers at the moment would be the lag. Instead of claiming responsibility for the desyncing & lag that has been a problem for many months now, Kakao has decided to blame specific ISPs. It's a known fact the provider Kakao uses for NA (not sure which is used for EU) is notorious for not providing adequate service. So instead of fixing these issues and taking them serious, we continue to see the pearl shop have an abundance of items added while the population decreases.

I enjoy Black Desert Online more than most other games due to the options this game provides in terms of occupying yourself, but it's hard to support Kakao with these continued problems.

Hakazumi likes this.
  12. Karnstein

The only thing i might get worried, is PA do something like EA and put some ****ed Loot box with BiS PEN item.

T800 likes this.
  13. T800

#33 T800, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  14. T800

#34 T800, Feb 3, 2018
  15. j.p.van.dorsten

i seriously doubt black dessert is gonna die of.
    most of the real problems are server related and lack of optimization, most noticeable on mid level computers (me) during boss fights.

most issues with enchantment can be fixed or made more smooth.
    the core of this game is solid, super solid infact.
    less RNG more playing and having fun is my moto

i just wish they implemented GW2 type of crafting to save on "afk" time.

edit:
    just as an example: ESO was considered trash or "painfully average" according to many reviewers and critic's. and for years they were right, but after a while of crap and whatnot they pulled their heads out of their ass and started listening to players, now they have a steady increasing population people renewing their subscriptions and most importantly more people are joining up.
    they even bragged about 8 milion active players recently
    wouldn't that make them one of, if not the biggest mmo atm?
    same can happen to BDO, BDO is young compared to these older MMO's

#35 j.p.van.dorsten, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Hakazumi likes this.
  16. Khymeia

I don't mean to sound too pessimistic about the situation but I figured I'd throw in my two cents about investing more money into the game.

Sadly, I'll admit that although I don't necessarily regret buying items from the pearl store in the past, the fact that servers aren't as populated and don't seem as active as they were not too long ago has made me very hesitant to spend any more money on the game. From my perspective, if the community isn't growing and the population is on the decline then I don't see much of point in making any more purchases if I'm going to be playing with a handful of other players. I will still enjoy the game and will continue to play it, but until I see the game head in a more positive direction I think I'll keep my money in the bank instead.

17. Seilla

That would be ********. But with all the bash and hate towards EA.

The servers of them are BiS in any game and not utterly trash like this here. At least you could PVP if EA would take over.

18. Fractal_Shard

You know people said roughly the same thing about eve in the beginning.....you see how long its lasted despite people shouting from the hills "eve is dead" for years. This is simply fear mongering. The games only 3 years old which is young for an MMO. So if you feel the game is going to tank you should just leave instead of trying to fear monger others out of it. As for your content dilemma I've been playing for a year. I still haven't run out of things to do.

Hakazumi and TarkusBlack like this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

To all of you in these forums. This is the fate of any developer would completely disregard it's playerbase. This was also the only MOBA of it's kind it started out revolutionary. But then it changed hands and took a new direction of squeesing it's playerbase of everything it had. The players gave feedback hand over foot. Epic Games told it's playerbased to shut up that the players didn't want they wanted, and that they Epic Games did.

I guess in the end the playerbase did knew what it wanted. Since EG wasn't going to provide the players stop supporting that game. BEHOLD THE RESULTS!

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26

Now about this. Epic Games lied at every corner up until this point. Saying that the game was doing great awesome numbers and all. Kept pushing out cash shop items trying to nickel and dime it playerbase before it died.

However their was a few of us, who saw this going down a year earlier. And pulled all our support away from that game. Thus we come to the point of this post. No game company is too big to fail! All games ultimately survive at the will of it's player base not it's investors. If we the farm animals stop providing this corrupt game teams food to feed and grow. They would be faced with two choices.

A.) Change and start treating their farm animals as human beings. And give us the respect and content we deserve for the price they are telling us to pay for their product.

B.) Continue to disregard it's player base humanity until the very end. Be forced to close down like Paragon. Then become the laughingstock of the industry. Like Epic Games is now.

Now just think about that for a few minute. Can the same thing happen to BDO within the next 12 month, should player disregard continue to happen here? Maybe, maybe no!

Far as my cash investment in this game. I gaves little to no shits about it. I've dropped thousands of USD on Eve Online back in 2009. I've spent over 3,000 USD on GW2, and just gave that account away for FREE in a twitch promotion. I've spent well over 2,000 USD in ESO. So for the few hundreds I've spent here was like peanuts. And I couldn't care less if or not the game died tomorrow or in 20 years from now.

#39 Fearless V, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Hakazumi likes this.
  20. T800

#40 T800, Feb 3, 2018