1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would anyone honestly believe this class is balanced...

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by SPYDER245, Apr 7, 2020.

1. SPYDER245

Actions that Guardian can do:
    2x Protected engage w/ CC: Infernal Nemesis + Frigid Wind

Protected high damage AOE w/ CC: God Incinerator + Cleansing Flame

Protected Grab: Neck Impaler

E-buff is simply put...insane: (AP+20, Crit +50%, Accuracy +15%, Movement +30%, Crit Hit Dmg +20%, 10 sec Lingering SA) - Oh and you can use Dragon's Maw (Insane AOE charge skill), instantly

Ridiculous debuff effects on core skills: (AP-20: Cleansing Flame, DP -20: God Incinerator(this is protected...), Dragon's Maw (Forward guard & 100% crit rate), Awakening: Judgement (FG engage w/ high damage))

Insane Buffs on core skills: (AP +20: Fireborne Rupture, Attack Speed 20%: Glorious Advance, Acc Rate 9%: Cleansing Flame)

Insane sustain on both HP and WP

Oh, and this is only looking at their awakening kit....

While I agree that they are slower than most classes, generally this has come with other weaknesses and in any reasonably large pvp encounter, NW wars, sieges, small group fights, people will consistently get caught.

This has resulted in Guardian being a top tier PVE grinder due to the ease with which they can apply DP debuffs on enemies, their solid transition skills, and insane AOE damage attacks. Additionally, they are solid in NW and can wipe out most non-DP stacking classes with a single protected AOE attack.

I bring this up because while I had always known that Kakao would play the FOTM game to try and milk cash out of alt switching, I had no idea how blatant it actually was. I would challenge someone to name another melee class that can even do half of the above actions as well.

I am floored that I continue to see people argue that their "slowness" is a sufficient negative to account for the gigantic list of strengths they have. The nerf will come and it will be hard.

Distaken, Saggy, Mana_Mafia and 6 others like this.
  2. Furi-Puri

Got a question for you OP: How would anyone honestly believe this topic needs another thread?

Provide your thoughts in one of the existing threads.

3. Aka71r3n

gardia:
    -slow
    -extremely telegraphed attacks
    -slow
    -needs good placement in pvp (can easily be outmanouvered by most evade skills and even a fast dash right into her to get behind her)
    -did i say slow? :D
    -def and dmg ist mostly only in a frontal cone (again can be easily outmanouvered willst doin one of her slow animations to give her a easy backattack)
    -oh, i forgit slow... :,)
    -needs a high amount of sp if played with succession

rather than whining, play a sorc, a lahn, a warrior or even a shai (with high enough dp) and you will quickly see that there are other classes that can be stronger.
    besides that: PA milkes with new classes. even i know that, and my account isnt even a year old.

4. SPYDER245

Sorry, fair point, I know there are plenty of threads highlighting what I talked about so let me clarify. The degree to which they have taken the FOTM class imbalance seems to be getting worse and worse. The early new classes, (DK, Striker, Mystic), were obscenely OP on release but most of the following ones were more in-line. It seemed like they at least were learning but with Guardian release and the introduction of Succession they have severely backtracked.

Basic likes this.
  5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

If you can't dodge a guardian its because you are bad.

Their attacks are slow and telegraphed.... see them E-Buff avoid till its gone.... see them charging Iframe into them and grab their slow ass.

Trying to SA trade with a guardian is where many fail. Avoid their big hits and take them out. Awakened is agreed to be pretty weak in dueling. It is considered weak in KR as well.

Just because you dont know how to counter them doesn't mean they are OP it means you need to learn to fight them.

PS im not a guardian and I find them to be one of the easiest classes to deal with open world.... unless they of course out gear me by a large amount.... but thats any class as well.

tylon, JSXShadow, AZzalor and 6 others like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

problem is in group pvp, obviously. ;D

and that automatic slow is super annoying.

Mesuka likes this.
  7. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

I dont see big issue with guardian although her attacks are very powerful.

But if you will know this class a little you can foreseen actions and react. So maybe , because we have to deal with guardian as it is, you can learn more about this class and find a counterattack

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. Daigurern

This whole post screams " I AM BAD AT THIS GAME AND CANT DODGE THE SLOWEST CLASS"

Guardian is probably the first class that was properly implemented. She deals tons of damage and has high range on her AOEs....downside to this is her inability to take any other class on in a 1v1 if you have half a brain left to use. Guardian is literally the most easy class to counter EVER. Shes good in large scale tho due to her AOEs and destructive power. PVE grind is pretty easy, shes the queen of Aakman now but aside from that she has insane gear requirements to even step into Sycraia. Shes also rlly bad at low spots and cant compete in Hystria. So its either Aakman 24/7 or have atleast 620+ GS for Sycraia and hope u dont get interrupted even once. But even then... Aakman might still be better which is kind of a let down.

This class is meant to deal huge damage so they took away mobility and made all her attacks so heavily telegraphed that any 5 yo could dodge her blindfolded.

Stop crying and git gud

ManlyBeard and ODB3698 like this.
  9. Blitzball

OP doesn't even tried Guardian with trial char.

Infernal Nemesis is used for escape , not for engage.
    Frigid Wind slash attack is unprotected. Only the glide has SA.

Yes but slow af , can't moove. Can't cancel Cleansing Flame. You can't use these skills against grab classes.

One of the worst grab in the game. Slower than the Striker pre-awakening grab. Desyncs basically everytime , your opponent should be behind you after the grab but sometimes he's teleporting on the front after a second , so if you used a skill behind you, you're fcked. You need to wait 1 sec before attacking to be sure ( so you're loosing CC duration ).
    If you choose to take the pre-awakening grab , you can't use it in awakening stance ( unlike other classes like Striker / Mystic / Warrior / Valk )

I agree her E buff is strong. But Archer E buff is even more powerful. But he's ranged :D

Warrior awakening has +26AP / +20DP buffs on his BLOCK stance. Valk has +25DP / +15% accuracy rate buffs.

Guardian selfbuffs are not "insane". She needs to constantly refresh the attack speed buff

Witchards are laughing. Guardian doesn't have any sustain if she can't hit something.

Only in Aakman. There are far better classes to grind Star's End / Hystria / Sycraia Abyssal. She needs down attacks to hit hard , like Archer.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you just loosed against Guardian in RBF or Node-Wars and you're a little bit salty. :D

#9 Blitzball, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Sigmus likes this.
  10. Mana_Mafia

Blitz have you rerolled to FOTM yet again? You a Guardian now?

Still trying to compensate for not being able to play worth a damn?

11. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

You cant ask to nerf everything about gaurdian, but they should either tone down their offense or defense, i think tweaking her defensive ability would be better, because offensive ability is the fun part of the class, make her heal only in pve for example? Stuff like that, i really worry about aggressive nerfing.

12. Mana_Mafia

Striker was not OP at all at the time of its release and it had to be buffed continuously. You weren't even playing back then according to your profile.

13. Beeso

Some people would not know fun even it slapped them in the face, then they wonder why they are so morose

14. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

well you have ninja and sorc, and then you as a dev are supposed to bring anything stronger up the line...
    its a really boring no effort class and thats sad. i waited for something cool.

15. Akantorian

First they implement the rule of "no one can have protected cc aoe" and then they make 2 classes wich have tons of both, thus being archer and guardian. Not to include the fact that at least guardian (dont know much about archer) has at least 3 TIMES more protected stuff than classes like valk or warr.
    At this point this is just shameless.

16. Blitzball

Actually, Guardian lacks of protected CC.... Just read the damn skills tooltips on bdocodex :D

LiquidEmotion and ManlyBeard like this.
  17. Akantorian

the f you talking about, I literally logged into my guardian lvl 56 and counted 10 protected ccs on PVP (on pve has even more) ON PREAWAKENNING ONLY.

18. Blitzball

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

Mgp, Stealthe and Akantorian like this.
  20. Blitzball

CC is only on the LAST hit. You can look at the speed animation of this skill by yourself , with the gif :)