1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would anyone honestly believe this class is balanced...

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by SPYDER245, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

yeah yeah sure whatever you say kid, you know where you can find me my little karma bombing friend.

2. Vortexii

The toxicity and aggressive childish responses you are receiving regarding this are the fault of Pearl Abyss & Kakao. They created a hostile game environment and incite hostility among their customer base.

3. Mars713

It's not Pearl Abyss & Kakao.
    In other games and on other servers you have the same.
    But something must be done about it.
    Help, propose a joint game, do not react with aggression.
    Otherwise, games will not be a place of entertainment, only frustration.
    @Kittyberry, you will join :)

4. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

I recomend you to reread what you say, unless you grind in places that you cant kill mobs by yourself or places that are designed for duo or party grind, I don't see why I should invite a scrub who just want to mess with people grinding, sorry but if you think that we should be like that, you are playing the wrong game, some things in this games force you to pvp with other players and I think the "open world pvp" is one of those, flag to those who bothers you.

5. Mars713

It's just a sandbox with specific mechanics.
    What players do with this is another matter.
    People shape the environment in which they live.
    If you base them on bad patterns, it will be bad.
    And if on fair play?
    It can be interesting.
    By the way.
    Do you know that in BDO you can go to prison,
    and you will have to work off, bad deeds in the mine?

6. Anvorka

Any guardians who say the class is balanced and doesn't need any nerf just don't want to become pleb. They are afraid to become a normal class and don't one combo with a grab and one spell or don't kill players with one spell during engage

7. SmK

SmK

One combo with a grab? Sounds like a lot of classes to me....

8. Spartakatz

why do you even discuss?

it's PA's newest baby, of course it's ridiculously overpowered. that's a core mechanic of BDO.

do you really think that in meantime in RBF, NW and even at dummies, 30-50% players are guardians, because the slow as **** **** is fun to play? hahaha

also don't worry about nerf, the new class is already announced and sales have to stay high.

I also bet, if there was a skill that needed 10 seconds to cast, but instantly would kill ALL players in the entire server, anywhere in the world, people would defend it with "it's fine, the skill is so slow!" :-D

Decoy#401 likes this.
  9. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

aha, then you dont know people in BDO

10. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Most classes one combo... I cant name a single class that doesn't one combo once they grabbed you lol.

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. Anvorka

Sure but guardiana is kinda strong. Just grab, SHIFT + RMB, RMB (Searing Fang) and with good AP you can practically kill a player. Take a guardiana with the gear as me, 272/273/297, she just needs to do that and I'm dead, but me on my warrior I can one combo her easily but I can't grab and oneshit with Slashing the dead.
    Actually, for me top class are : Wiz succ, sorceress, ninja kuno, guardiana. For people who say warrior is strong, sure but with a lot of gear. With mine I can't really survive in NW if I don't play like a musa.

alastersan likes this.
  12. Anvorka

EDIT : And one of the biggest problem with class with a grab, like zerker, warrior, valk and guardiana is simple. Normally there are tank class' but PA makes them assassin in the same time so yes there are broken after a grab, 'cause PA gives us DMG

alastersan likes this.
  13. Lemon Crush

Case in point you are squishy af. 271+ ap vs softcap DP... are you serious right now? See this is why people dont take threads like this seriously. At 346 DP Searing with 271 ap isn't one shotting most people unless its a naturally squishy class. We also know class modifiers exist as well meaning some classes are stronger vs others and weaker against others.

For example if you look at global labs you will note that guardian will take 26% more damage from wiz/witch/ranger and I think archer. You can also see classes they do more or less damage to as well on there.

So sitting there and saying my friend 1 shots me doesn't say much because A. You are softcap DP.... anyone will one shot you. B. The class matters.

14. Anvorka

I know about my DP. Thanks again, a lot of people trash me c: But when I one combo them with their 340 DP they are crying for a nerf warrior kekw

15. Lemon Crush

Just pointing out a fact. You are doing PEN weapon damage to TET Armor and using it as a reason as to why something is or isn't too strong.

Also like I said class matters.

SmK and ODB3698 like this.
  16. Nubek

With sub 300 dp even ****ing shai could one combo you.
    Please dont write here anymore as you clearly write stuff without proper experience.

ODB3698 likes this.
  17. Anvorka

I totally forgot this post, hm and no. I'll write if I want. Cya.

18. ODB3698

Not even sure what the point of these changes were for Guardian. We still ez clap plebs and still die quick to fast moving grab classes. Not seeing the balance in this. Looks like they just gave a placebo to all the cry babies from other classes. They did manage to invalidate the entire premise of the Guardian design though. We had the durability because we have the slow animations...and therefore have to eat incoming damage. Now we still have to eat the incoming damage...but are missing the survival compensation. Feels like they need to rethink our lack of cancels and reduce some of the after animation times.

19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

imagine needing actual dp to perform. :)

20. Tigreton

Oh man this patch is really good.
    Before:
    - my succession Lahn was oneshotted
    - my succession Sorceress was oneshotted
    - my awakening Guardian was twoshotted
    Now:
    All are oneshotted....perfect balance man xDD.

I'm oneshotted, you are oneshotted , he is oneshootted.

The oneshotted festival xD.

ODB3698 likes this.