1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would anyone honestly believe this class is balanced...

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by SPYDER245, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ODB3698

Imagine being a hypocritical troll that cries a river of tears when any problem with his class exists...but then trolls other class forums without helpful info. You managed to waste forum space with your salty trolling and ignore everything in the post you quoted at the same time. There was no point where I said they should revert the change in damage taken...what I did say was that if that's the direction taken...then there should be compensation to make us not have to eat all the incoming damage...via allowing us some decent cancels and decreasing the after animations on swings..so that paying attention and reactions (skill) actually matter.

x_samfisher_x likes this.
  2. SmK

SmK

Tbh I would have nerfed the damage of guardian maybe double of what they did but kept the tankyness, all we have now is another class absorbed into the 1 shot meta, shame because I thought we were gonna start getting classes that has some roles but guess not

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, all im saying, guardians with tet armors were more tanky than alot of people in full pen c9. now they actually need some gear to be able to stand and bang with multiple opponents.

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. ODB3698

I'm 100% okay with that. All I'm saying is that if they don't want survival via face tanking...then allow us to react.

5. Ahri-

You have 3 gapless iframes, 5x time strength frontal guard than every other class with 20+ protected abilities and you still want more?

6. ODB3698

Any moron can count skills in a skill list. It takes intelligence to understand and pay attention to the fact that nearly every skill guardian uses has a longer animation time...by class design. They literally said they intended our attacks to be slower...and hit harder...instead of being multiple fast swings that equal the same amount. What takes a little perspective to realize is that slower attack...leaves it wide open to timing an iframe dash in..as soon as the animation starts. You are then stuck in that animation for the duration of that slow swing...until the after animation ends. That's what you see if you bother watching any of the many videos of guardian deaths..or just play/play against a guardian yourself. The short answer...yes I still want more. I want counter play. Instead of being an easy kill as soon as you start any of our attack animations..to the overwhelming majority of classes...I would like the ability to react. That would mean actually being able to use the "gapless iframes" you reference...when it counts, or to even be able to cancel an animation with our block skill you reference. You know...cancels...like nearly every other class does.

#306 ODB3698, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    FairlyEnjoyable and Nubek like this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

i understand you, but i want same things for my spec and people tell me NO eventho i have way less outplay/defensive options (and damage) than guardian :D

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. ODB3698

You won't see me on any other class' forum telling them no. I agree with you that wiz/witch does need changes, but PA keeps doing their usual damage yoyo and avoiding any change they can't monetize...instead of actually working on mechanics changes.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

so, to get into constructive discussion, what would you do to make them... well... better? and what would you give in return?

10. ODB3698

I think protected area is a crutch and needs to go. I think its an excuse for them not to update other aspects...as it hides other problems. I think wiz/witch...particularly awakened...needs more ability to react/move to deal with being attacked. I've never been a fan of pets...but I think the pet mechanics for wiz/witch needs some attention.

11. WhySoSeeryus

well, im all for removing PA or preventing its chaining AT LEAST. i doubt many witchzards actually like PA mechanics.

12. Silfen

T1 nod wars are so fun without PA!

Hearts likes this.
  13. WhySoSeeryus

they are **** coz some classes perform way better on those caps than others.