1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husbands and wives who play BDO together

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Biznotch, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Biznotch

So, my wife and I have found this game to be a major environment where we work together throughout the game, from leveling to ideas on farming and other life skills. We have the same home in Calpheon however, because we each have our own separate accounts we go our separate ways when we enter.

Has it ever been brought up in a forum the suggestion of in game marriages? We have been married 26 years IRL, and when we are not at work we play BDO (even putting off lawn care and other chores were so bad)

It would be nice to be able to buy a marriage license on the pearl shop, get married at one of the chapels, be able to share our homes, share our own linked items like our alts share the family name. Even renergize our energy in the same bed.

I could cook pet food for both of us, while she tends to both of our gardens? My horses could be marital property linked to just us and usable by both, not just her 2 seaters :)

It wouldnt have to be adding any other benefit to the game mechanics, but with so many things to do in this game, it never gets boring, it would be so much more realistic to share our married lives within the game. There could be other things such as wedding bands associated to just those who are married in game or irl.

They could offer a buff, a transport, anything that when we are together leveling or life skilling, something. To me it would take a bit more of its a game out of the equation, and add more of the real life level into it.

2. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

it remindes me of Metin2 ...where the marriage was a big PLUS on party grind, and some "p2w" dungeons.
    Marriage system is somehow in plans of future BDO ...but not yet I think.

3. Ben Phoenix

Many people suggested the same thing in the past, unfortunately this idea never saw the light for some reason.

4. Kiri_Dar

This would be awesome addition but might be to far taking it much out of the residence. Especially with the farming as there is rewards for doing the actions of farming and this would allow people to get second account and double there farming space. Second account be slave never leaving the cooking bench.

5. MagicalTabletopGirls

This was a thing in EverQuest… In 1999 before F2P

6. Direal

I can see where this would be cool. However, the problem is it could easily be used by one person to manage 2 accounts. Linking two accounts like this would give the one or two players using it an advantage over other players. BDO was designed to make the player work for everything they have and this would break that paradigm.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

It's been suggested many times in the past. It was a good idea then and still a good idea, but for some reason doesn't get any traction. I bet there could be a solution or restriction that would eliminate most ways this could be used for advantage or abuse.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  8. wickedwraith

the only way i can see somthing like this working if the couple is togeather they have a xp/skill/life xp gain / energy gain. possibly larger inventory space. the combined houses and horses sounds good also. but merging energy and contribute points would spell disaster. just imagine what 300-1200 energy per character could do same thing with contribute points 500-1200. merging family fame on the other hand might be a + cause thats pretty hard to farm. anything else im thinking it would switch it to pay to win or broken unless they did this off the pearl shop