1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving the game for these reasons:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Angar, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

01)We asked for visible monster knowledge next to the name of the monster and not on the top of our screen.
    What we got is useles.

02)You said you are rebalancing all classes for pvp.
    A project which you aborted and then started a pve rebalance project and with it not even being close to finished you announce we ll get released in this summer the "main hand weapon rework" which will strengthen the mainhand weapon of all classes if the player wants it. 2 unfinished and untested projects and you are already starting the 3rd one.
    03)Half arsed content releases without any testing done at all.
    Drieghan, shadow arena, new cmp, cmp website, 530% scrolls etc etc.
    -Hey guys shadow arena official launch
    -Woops shadow arena will be unavailable

-Hey guys new central mp
    -Woops we got wrong info on the article
    -Woops CMP will be unavailable

-Hey guys new mobile app for CMP
    -Woops it is not a mobile app
    -Woops it is not working
    -Oh noes cmp is not working
    -Mobile app that is not a mobile app is going down
    -Woops cmp not working
    -Woops cmp working whenever the fak it wants

-Hey guys check out des teeth, i mean new horse package
    -Look at those 2 cool death reset coupons?
    -Why are you laughing guys? buy it it iz good.

04)Mission system: We wanna support our guilds and do missions but we get cooldown timers and rng missions. Getting one we want may or may not happen. Why it works like this? No1 knows.

05)Altar of blood bug where 3 players queued but only 2 got in. Oh gosh how could this happen? Its not like we had the same problem in Shadow Arena..

06)Operation guild support. 300m vs 3b. Meanwhile if a player does a mistake and buys an item with the wrong alt they clearly state that they expect the players to own up to their mistakes.
    A rule which does not apply to them.

07)Mounted npc interactions. Released untested and annoying asf. Grass?You cant unmount. Your horse is moving at 0.003 km/h?You cant talk to the npc. Spoke to the wrong npc next to the one you wanted to speak?Try again. Overall better use the previous way, it is still faster.

08)Recent transport changes that push us towards p2w storage and are more problematic to use than the previous one.

09)A game that advertises as mmo but has 0 reasons to group up and interact with other players.

10)Broken karma system that enables griefers.

11)Removal of renown score in name only since ap brackets are still there.
    To an extend, unbalanced dp and ap scaling.

12)2016: Pre order bdo now for an exclusive sudad outfit my ass.

13)We get more boss items and accessories from events than from actual gameplay.

14)Broken mechanics: Gaps in super armors, rift bosses ignoring SA and FG. Damage tied to fps. Tf are you smoking?

15)Fake pearl shop deals.
    -Deals that do not mention the item cannot be transfered to another alt even before use.
    -Deals that force to pay more and buy more useles items for the 1 you want.Swimsuits anyone?

16)Worst boss mechanics ever. Brute force survival via dp and not via intelligent gameplay and mechanics.

17)Extremely late and incorect actions regarding core game problems.
    Sea monster hunting payouts and guild hoping for more payouts that got smh nerfed to the ground instead of just prohibiting guild hoping.
    Shadow arena speed hackers that among other reasons closed SA.

18)3 years after release and group/plattoon UI are still useless cause your designer needs firing. Preferably twice, 1 in the torso and 1 in the head.

19)Total failure to release CORRECT news articles regarding the new content. CMP article and "rift icon has been relocated" come to mind.But we still get the pearl shop article first after every maintenance, cause priorities..

20)The incompetence to properly ban Shadow Arena exploiters and their groups (which paid the exploiters to carry them for the rewards).

21)Harpooning dead since release. Another dead content.

22)Unstackable event items.

23)Removal of weight accessories from calpheon npc in an effort to boost inventory slot sales when the 300lt sale was going on.

24)Npc trading dead since arrival.

25)Sea monsters have hit boxes whenever they feel like it.

26)Vell took well over a year to fix and still you have not addressed the core sea bugs where:
    -You cant mount your cannon
    -You get stuck in climbing animation in the stairs
    -cant mount the wheel of the boat
    -If you get dced while moving, the boat gets teleported 2km away
    -If you hit the walls of margoria you and the boat get teleported to different parts of the sea

27)Loading screen that leaves you vulnerable at its first part

28)3rd anniversary special cards: hey guys thanks for supporting us for 3 years here are some coupons to support us more

29)Search for city storage/cmp/alt/horse and boat inventories when?

30)A huge graphic in our face when a rift spawns and a 3px barely visible line when afuaru/poacher spawns.
    Rift can be done whenever, afuaru/poacher can be done in the next 60seconds.
    Priorities.

31)Manos ****ing when.

0 Quality of life.
    0 Testing.
    0 Thought given to changes.
    100% broken promises.
    But to be fair, we got npc dating and the appropriate titles.

I am out.
    C ya.

#1 Angar, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
  2. Seilla

Awesome. Probably the best post I have seen in here.
    Describes these scammers perfectly.

3. Aelisah

1 - clicked cuz its smth new and im bored - not cuz of the title, don't flatter yourself.
    2 - What we got is better tho. Imagine seein all the rankings next to each monsters name. What a mess, I want my interface as clean as possible.

didnt bother to read the rest

Luxea, Valestris, frumps and 2 others like this.
  4. sterks67

"06)Operation guild support. 300m vs 3b. Meanwhile if a player does a mistake and buys an item with the wrong alt they clearly state that they expect the players to own up to their mistakes.
    A rule which does not apply to them."

This made me giggle ^_^

5. Whineseeker

I played a lot of mmo, never felt what bdo gives me, best graphic, best combat, best open world, different gamestyles based on what actually thrill you.
    Pearl Abyss is not a huge sh like blizzard or ncsoft or whatever and still, their game, even with all its problem, is the best mmo i’ve ever played.
    Every few months the game get better and better.
    If you find that problems are still unbearable then just give up and try something else.

6. Amirite

I still see many problems and some annoying more than others…..but, I still play the game because i like it and over the years it for sure got better. At the same time, I must admit i have seen "worse games", so meh...

It's a good thing thought, that someone like the OP brings this up, so it's not forgotten and maybe even a Dev will take the chance and come with a reply of any kind.

MoZex, Ventesa, Solitaire and 2 others like this.
  7. Allan1985

one of the marketing tactics they use is:

A) Make an offer that is so good that the potential customer cant refuse it (good graphics, lots of content, good optimization, cheap initial selling price)
    B) Give the player an early sense of acomplishment to keep it hooked (have you ever wondered why we have so many thing we can level up? all lifeskills level ups, character level ups, **** even pets level up, that goes without even mentioning titles and other forms of short term gratification.
    C) Start releasing sliced up content wich gameplay experience can only be enhanced buy purchasing cash shop items (weight for margoria smh and trading, inventory slots for fishing and trading, etc etc etc)

i could go on but i dont want my answer to be a bible long, once you take what i wrote in consideration and once you see it with your own eyes, PA suddenly becomes as much of a shi.t like company as blizzard, ubisoft and others

#7 Allan1985, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. Maginha

And still youre here, still enhancing things, lelelelel

Wodahs, Sigmus, Diliskar and 3 others like this.
  9. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I just want to add the whole deal with remastered graphics :T

And that in 90% of cases (during the noon/day in the game), you literally don't see anything. Only black ground, an outline of your black character, and white sky that just burns your eyes. Impossible to play with pve or pvp since whenever you turn camera up and down you get a small epilepsy attack due to shadows changing drastically making the game go from making you completely blind to ''oh look, so grass exists'' in half a second. It just hurts eyes a lot. Graphics look fine during morning/evening and rain. But that's only a few minutes at the time unfortuntaelly.
    And damn whoever made the highlights on metal parts had no clue what they were doing.
    Don't know. I tried countless of ways to make it better in options but never managed to get it right.

Bleh just another thing that was left half made I guess. I know it has been mentioned countless of times on forums as well but only response people get is ''we have forwarded the message''. Doesn't matter now but it just left me dissapointed since graphics are one of the big reasons why I enjoy this mmo.

#9 onaco, Jul 30, 2019
    Ventesa, Phoenixxx75 and MMoNoob like this.
  10. Allan1985

yes i am, why? since there are not games that feel appealing to me right now i need to kill my time somehow, and this game is a giantinc time sink. just as i stated in other posts, as soon as Project BBQ, Blue Protocol or lost ark are released in the west i will not be here anymore ;)

#10 Allan1985, Jul 30, 2019
    Phoenixxx75, Life2v and NoisyBoy like this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

"give up"?

Nah..How does that fix anything?

Allan1985 likes this.
  12. Icywave

Most people are here because it's a new mmo waiting room , let's be honest

13. Sunnis

this i can agree on

15)Fake pearl shop deals.
    -Deals that do not mention the item cannot be transfered to another alt even before use.
    -Deals that force to pay more and buy more useles items for the 1 you want.Swimsuits anyone?

just feels like the pearlshop is rigged.

14. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

These are all valid concerns/frustrations. I too am very annoyed by "balancing" as you described. Give a few classes a few passes on PvP balance attempts.... Then move to giving a few classes a pass at PvE improvements.... Before any of that is done we learn they are adding a new nightmare for balancing issues.

Good luck to you. Hope you find something you can enjoy.

15. woots

yup that game saddly became more a more a full dump system made to have players use the cash shop to fix in game annoyance, before any fun, before and decent gamedesign, before any sort of balance.. etc.

MMoNoob, Life2v and Seilla like this.
  16. Columba

I giggled about the karma system, lol. Griefing, lol

Misuzie, tchahin, Valestris and 2 others like this.
  17. Doom Smack

RE: Showing mob rankings. It definitely needs to be onscreen next to mob name not part of hud, clutter isn't an issue - its a toggle (issue is for farm knowledge its no good mobs dead 1 shot before it can show). Turn on when farm. Off when normal grind. Done and very helpful with no clutter impact.

18. Eltruism

That's like trying to return a pizza you completely ate.

That's like leaving a restaurant after 5 years of going there and eating and tasting everything they had to offer while badmouthing it all on your way out.

The hypocrisy, the self-contradiction...the conflict...you loved it all. It kept you here all this time.

19. hightech

haha you make me laugh...such a huge effort in putting all this things together just means to me that you are a huge fan of the game :D
    Hilarious. But if you identify yourself to much with BDO you are correct. Maybe it is time for a break and hmmmm....maybe going for a BBQ with your friends instead^^

20. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

This is not true. We can all see how amazing this game could be if the devs cared, but they don't. It's just a money press for them.

Why do player have to scream so loudly to get anything decent to happen to improve the game? Can you imagine how fine-tuned the classes and combat could be if effort was put there instead of whale-milking packaged mechanics and cosmetic schlock? Look at this:
    [​IMG]
    BDO is like a beautiful woman you wish you could have, but she is married to these guys for their money.

easypr0, Azaleh, JM and 2 others like this.